Are you getting tired of it?

I mean ok, this thread will probably be pointless but whatevs, I want your opinion on this.

Ive been on PC for a month or so, and Before I actually started building, there would be people just shitting all over these "Console Peasants". I mean I guess here is the real question:

Does the terms PCMasterRace, Console Peasants, PC Zealots, ect. Kind of get annoying to anyone? Ive seen a lot of use of it, and would like to know if anyone is really tired of it. I know the PC reigns superior over any of the consoles, but I hate to be CONSTANTLY reminded of it.

Btw, I can already see the comments:

"You aren't the first", or "Who cares, I'd still hate on the consoles" 

If you use any of those terms listed above, youre automatically a total cunt. People will play games the way they want on whatever platform they feel most comfortable doing so, and if you make fun of them for that, then youre just a cunt.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

This^ in all honestly its better then any prebuilt for gaming at that price point by far. And who cares how others spend money?

I'm not part of the PC Master Race or Console Haters.

PC is superior to Console but the community makes me want to spit on that statement.

PC builders are supposed to be mature and intelligent people not adolescents who curse and pose unwanted arguments.

The thing which is supposed to separate console gamers from PC gamers is maturity and I feel that's not true any more.

To sum it up I would say I am sick and tired of this console hating and PC Master Race thing.

Its like any enthusiast platform.Honda vs Skyline,beer vs wine,gay vs straight,Nvidia vs AMD,etc etc

Tis all in good fun console elitists ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only use it if some ignorant retard hears that I game on PC, and says that his Xbox One/PS4 is better in games then any PC, fight assholes by being a asshole.

Other then that I don't like it.

I agree with that, alot of ppl at my school feel that consoles r better... then i rain hell on them. Otherwise idc uneless they start it

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

They seem more like joke terms now, they are best said sarcastically.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

I mean ok, this thread will probably be pointless but whatevs, I want your opinion on this.

Ive been on PC for a month or so, and Before I actually started building, there would be people just shitting all over these "Console Peasants". I mean I guess here is the real question:

Does the terms PCMasterRace, Console Peasants, PC Zealots, ect. Kind of get annoying to anyone? Ive seen a lot of use of it, and would like to know if anyone is really tired of it. I know the PC reigns superior over any of the consoles, but I hate to be CONSTANTLY reminded of it.

Btw, I can already see the comments:

"You aren't the first", or "Who cares, I'd still hate on the consoles" 

It just doesn't matter to me what people play. If they're having fun with decent games, then let them be. If they're playing Beyond Two Souls...then we need to get them help...

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

Yeah i always kinda found the "pcmasterrace" to be a complete cesspit of utter snobbery, as jayztwocents said in his titan rant "go get your f**** nails done get your pampering go get your godamn lacy panties".

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Anyone who uses those terms seriously really need to look at what the hell they are doing with their lives.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

If its as a joke then no worries, i say it to my friends because the know the perks of pcs vs consoles so its just funny. Just have fun and play games geez

GabeN things annoy me more. It's okay sometimes when it's not overdone. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I am a relative newcomer to the "power user" scene (I consider myself a power use because I have three monitors and it's still not enough. The ADHD is severe), although I still consider myself a rather large noob when it comes to IT stuff. That being said:

I find the term console peasant to be quite accurate. In my experience, with the people I know who play primarily on console, they don't have ANY education in how computers work, or even how their consoles work. But what makes them deserving of the term "peasants" in my eyes, is WILLFUL ignorance. Even when given access to information that would educate them, they REFUSE to partake of it, and claim "I don't care" or "who has time for that".

If my lazy ass (seriously, I've used a dog to pass a remote from one couch to another, distance of MAYBE ten feet....I could have thrown it, accurately) can learn some PC stuff, they can too.

The only excuses I allow for, are spousal and child responsibilities, everything else, get your f**king smartphone out, open google, and start reading. We, as a species, for the first time in history, have THE ENTIRE COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE HUMAN RACE, LITERALLY AT OUR FINGERTIPS, and if you don't take advantage of that....you deserve no respect. Even if it is only when confronted with something you aren't familiar with.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i hate mobs in any form, it's kinda like cancer.. every part of it thinks it's doing something for a purpose but adds itself onto the onslaught.. but segmentation is damaging as well,

Details separate people.

I just use it within my own circle cause they know that i'm not really serious

This is a exact description of me, except I finished highschool last week so I can longer do this.

Congrats!!!!

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

I think it's annoying when people take PCMR and Console peasantry seriously. It's honestly ridiculous. Some play games for the enjoyment rather than the graphics. It's about the gameplay not the graphics. Those are secondary. Form follows Function. Yes PCs are more functional however their current form is not ideal (meaning how they're used) which generally is meant for a more personal experience since the ideal PC use is at a closer range than a console. This means that in a living room setting Windows isn't exactly the best OS to be used from a distance since you're going to have to interface with the OS at one point, SteamOS fixes this. However current SteamOS support is just about as good as OS X and Linux support and that's partially because SteamOS is technically a Linux distro in itself.

From an aesthetics stand point Xbox OS [Xbox 360, One] and Orbis [PS4] they make it much easier to handle from a living room perspective since their primary interface is their respective controllers. Of course their input isn't as accurate or as fast however if you're gaming in your living room, you're probably not going to really care about how accurate your controller is or how fast your controller is. All you care about is the experience, and honestly that's the most important part. Graphics and SFX are important too but you can have a pretty game but not much to it. (I hate to point out a PS4 game [since I think that will be my choice for the current generation of consoles]) but The Order: 1886 from pretty much most of the reviews it's a gorgeous game but it's lacking content. That content is what matters most. A PC or Console game can have great graphics but it can also have the lack of a story or a non fluid story. Bloodborne seems to have both a good story and good graphics but just because the PS4 would technically be inferior to a gaming PC shouldn't automatically mean that it's bad, there are other benefits too. Such as the much better social aspect of the PS4 [sure Steam has it but not on the scale of what the consoles offer] (or most consoles for that matter [*cough* Wii U *cough*]). 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I have the pcmr filter on, and it reads "potato peasants" to me, lol. but, yes I am tired of all the hate, why hate when you can game?

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

-Snip-

This^^

Read all of it.

In highschool, we were taught on how to use a computer. I literally wanted to leave that class so bad. But later I learned that HALF. YES I said HALF of the class failed. Ill give you some of the questions here:

"What is a USB port used for?"

"What is a peripheral?"

"What does a CPU stand for"

"What does RAM stand for"

Let me tell you that our school does allow you to use your phone for whatever you want. So I pulled out my phone and started to watch south park. (Pausing for classwork) but I got a 100% on that test. 

I 100% agree with you and your lovely dog. Have a nice day. :)

Used to be I'd only roll my eyes whenever someone used the term "PCMasterRace" in a completely serious, unironic sense. Now it's so damn prevalent that any time I see the term/logo/banner/wallpaper/someone with a honest-to-god framed fucking picture of Gabe Newell on their desk I just want to reach through the monitor and slap some sense into them. I can't take any of them seriously and automatically assume that they are all twelve year olds.

“Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?”

When I was an Xbox player about 2 months ago, it was very hard to ignore it. I already knew PCs were more superior than consoles after getting it shoved into my face 1 million times, but what if I just want to play my games? I built a PC and still loving it and glad I did it, but it was very annoying of how many arguments I got into.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub