Planning a few mods, need advice...

Hello there,

I am now in the middle of planning the necessary case and PSU mods for my rig's sister build (same base specs)...

The build is planned to be a semi-SFF because I lack the space on where to put it...

I found this guide to DIY a vesa mount onto the plain side panel of the case... I'll be looking at a few monitors next weekend to see what would be suitable (probs 15"-17: 16:9 monitors)...

Would this be suitable to hold up the monitor (~1.5kg)?

What screws do I need?

Also, I'm planning on sleeving wrapping the PSU wires with black cloth (nylon most likely), but would it be possible to just paint the wires black?

and if it is possible, what paint should I use?

Plasti-dip is not an option because I would be going way over budget...

other than those, I'd also be putting some sort of keyboard and mouse holders and a carry handle if possible...

thanks in advance...

-Hermit

I dont know. anything i guess because wont really catch on fire or produce heat

I have access to high temp automotive paint... the type that they use for exhaust pipes and engine accents... but I'm not sure if it's non-conductive...

I have access to high temp automotive paint... the type that they use for exhaust pipes and engine accents... but I'm not sure if it's non-conductive...

i dont think conductivity would be an issue because of the rubber on the wires

-SNIP-

The wires do not get hot or cause any wire problems but absolutely do not paint them with spray paint. Spray paint is inflexible and will crack/flake everywhere. I would suggest leaving it or using some sleeved extensions.

As for mounting the monitor on the side of the case I don't see any problem with that, I would suggest getting a low profile tilt vesa mount to allow you to get a good straight on view of the screen and to just bolt it through the side panel. Just make sure the side panel's decently thick or you might want a backer plate.

Perhaps you should consider cable extensions.... I can't see painting wires going well... no matter the paint. Silverstone makes great extensions. I think I priced out all the sleeving tools and some colors to be about $60 one time... Another route to consider...

Can't go wrong with handles from mnpc tech!

GL!

Perhaps you should consider cable extensions.... I can't see painting wires going well... no matter the paint. Silverstone makes great extensions. I think I priced out all the sleeving tools and some colors to be about $60 one time... Another route to consider...

Can't go wrong with handles from mnpc tech!

GL!

The PSU is a gutless wonder so losing it won't hurt too much... I'll still be replacing it asap because it's got poor efficiency (around 60% only)... I was just wondering if painting it would be possible...

and since it's an SFF build, extensions are not an option since the wires may get into the CPU fan...

60USD is a bit much... I'm only allocating 5USD for the mods (that's as much as I can afford)...

The PSU is a gutless wonder so losing it won't hurt too much... I'll still be replacing it asap because it's got poor efficiency (around 60% only)... I was just wondering if painting it would be possible...

and since it's an SFF build, extensions are not an option since the wires may get into the CPU fan...

60USD is a bit much... I'm only allocating 5USD for the mods (that's as much as I can afford)...

Alright. My mods weren't in the plan from the start, but you may consider spending more money on componentry now, and postpone mods.

Alright. My mods weren't in the plan from the start, but you may consider spending more money on componentry now, and postpone mods.

The vesa mount mod is essential due to a lack of available desk space... the cable mod is just an option...