Please recommend me a GPU under 400$.

Ethre

I have a i7-3770. Looking for a decent GPU that is under 400$. Was thinking about the GTX 960, what do you think guys?

GTX 970.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

G1 Gaming 970 or Strix 970

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

I have a i7-3770. Looking for a decent GPU that is under 400$. Was thinking about the GTX 960, what do you think guys?

GTX 970

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvn970g1gaming4gd

Or if you want to try something new, R9 390

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr939g1gaming8gd

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/powercolor-video-card-axr93908gbd5ppdhe

"Rawr XD"

Not Strix.

Why not? AFAIK they're perfectly fine, I've had one for a while and no problems.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

Why not? AFAIK they're perfectly fine, I've had one for a while and no problems.

Mediocre power delivery and cooler is nothing special either

"Rawr XD"

7970 for $90 ~ $120 used on ebay is a phenomenal deal.

Unless you have more than 60Hz monitor or higher than 1080p, 7970 is still a perfect card.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

7970 for $90 ~ $120 used on ebay is a phenomenal deal.

Unless you have more than 60Hz monitor or higher than 1080p, 7970 is still a perfect card.

but a 970 is much newer thus will last longer

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

MSI twin frozr 970!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PC Part Picker: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/hZCypg  ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700k ; MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5RAMCorsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2400 MHz (spray painted the top part red); GPUGTX 1070 - Gigabyte Variant (Custom painted the Cooler and Fans Red); Case: NZXT S340 (Red); PSUCX 750W  (Bronze 80+); SSD: Crucial 256GB (Boot drive and for applications) and Sandisk 480GB Extreme pro SSD and a Samsung T3 1TB External USB-C SSDHDDWD Blue 1TB, Seagate 3TB (Both Run at 7200RPM); Displays: Asus something (1080p @ 144hz) and LG 27UD68-W 4K 60Hz IPSLaptop: Dell XPS 15 9550 (i7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD, GTX 960M)

but a 970 is much newer thus will last longer

costs more than twice as much and NVIDIA pascal is not that long wait.

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

They are fine if you don't want to OC, but otherwise just about any other card is better.

Because the G1 Gaming is usually better in most cases, Asus RMA is apparently hell, and as stated already, the Strix cooler really isnt anything to boast.

Plus, theyre both usually the same price, so Ill just let that speak for itself I guess :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Because the G1 Gaming is usually better in most cases, Asus RMA is apparently hell, and as stated already, the Strix cooler really isnt anything to boast.

Plus, theyre both usually the same price, so Ill just let that speak for itself I guess :P

ASUS RMA is pretty good, one of the fans on mine was kinda messed up so I sent it in with no problems and they fixed it.

ASUS RMA is pretty good, one of the fans on mine was kinda messed up so I sent it in with no problems and they fixed it.

Well at least from what Ive heard forum users around the forums, Asus hasnt been on their good side, but hey I guess everyone's mileage may vary :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Buddy of mine has the 980 strix and absolutely loves it.  I have the G1 Gaming 970 and love it.  They're both very good cards, so to say one is bad is pretty dumb imo.

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 |