Teen Killed After Using App To Track Smartphone

jos

That's just ignorance. The world isn't all flowers and stuff. He should be ready for everything.

Ready for everything? What would that look like? You would have to be paranoide in everyday situations. 0,54 of 100.000 People in Canada get killed because they get shot and he should expect that all the time.

I can do this, I just want some cake. - Linus Sebastian

Ready for everything? What would that look like? You would have to be paranoide in everyday situations. 0,54 of 100.000 People in Canada get killed because they get shot and he should expect that all the time.

He should still be wary. He was at fault aswell.

Yes, he should be more wary. He should have let them drive away instead of holding on to the driver's side door.

I can do this, I just want some cake. - Linus Sebastian

I can't believe he didn't call the police first and let them know the situation.  Also taking down a license plate and giving that information to the police would have been smart.  Now I am all about people getting justice but man this guy just didn't think.  Now let me say also what some have said in this thread and that is the police here in Canada don't care about stolen property at times.  I remember going to the police and saying I needed to file a report that a package delivered improperly was stolen in my apartment building and they looked at me like I was crazy.  I was told to do this by the company I bought the item from and they and I would have thought the police would care people are stealing things but I guess not.

When people think they can fill the role of the police.

But in today's society, what really even is that role... I mean lets be honest.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

He should have had insurance and just claimed.

Troll aside, tragedy. Absolute tragedy, all for a piece of unrequired tech. :(

why would you go looking for your phone at 5am? 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Canada? Really?

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

But in today's society, what really even is that role... I mean lets be honest.

Ensure corporations legal desires are carried out, ensure people pay taxes, punish anyone who violate either of these two premises......

that's about it as far as I can tell.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Obviously he didn't know they were an immediate threat. 

What a sad story. A phone is replaceable, even if you have to use a $10 dumb phone. 

Ensure corporations legal desires are carried out, ensure people pay taxes, punish anyone who violate either of these two premises......

that's about it as far as I can tell.

Basically.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Geez, you're blaming someone that was murdered. You are cold hearted man.

If this was a police officer who shot the guys in the car, everyone would go batshit insane and blame the cop.

Honestly that's sad that he lost his life over trying to find his phone. Honestly t if he would have just called police to retrieve his phone he wouldn't have died. It's a shame that he was killed, and I hope his killers have been or will be prosecuted. 

@Stuff_ Pretty much, I mean I think he should have just let it go or call the police. Though true sometimes police need to use their gun to defend themselves and sometimes it requires they kill someone as unfortunate as it is usually we don't get the full story but a modified more news friendly version of what happened where details might be left out or something re-worded. That's pretty much how journalism seems to work. Honestly it's not his fault he probably wasn't thinking or assuming that anyone would have been there and honestly neither would I. Though aforementioned he should have waited until morning and then just called the police to see if his phone had moved and if it had where did it go and have the police go to where a thief might be.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

If this was a police officer who shot the guys in the car, everyone would go batshit insane and blame the cop.

Especially if the people in the car were a minority.

......why not just call the police once you get to the point where you can say for certain where the phone is?

Maybe the police wouldn't give a shit. They were pretty useless when my friend across the street got his house broken into. Solving crimes doesn't make them money unless drugs are involved and thus they can seize and auction property.

Maybe the police wouldn't give a shit. They were pretty useless when my friend across the street got his house broken into. Solving crimes doesn't make them money unless drugs are involved and thus they can seize and auction property.

...So apparently the police in Canada are worthless, and yet strong gun laws are okay because "the police will protect you"....

WTF Canada.

...So apparently the police in Canada are worthless, and yet strong gun laws are okay because "the police will protect you"....

WTF Canada.

To be fair I'm talking about American cops, who are pretty useless.

This is Canada we're talking about, though I'm sure Canadian police can be just as effective as US police (which isn't really effective and sometimes violent).

US Police are this way yes, though I think in Canada the police might be slightly different which I'm not sure if its for the better or the worst. (I'm going for better but I don't know).

Hmm, no. I'm just pointing facts. I'm cold hearted when I need to and this case isa tragedy indeed, but a stupid tragedy that could be avoided. If I were him i'd say fuck that shit, I can get another one in maybe 8-12 months, if it were a present from a family member or a close friend then he should be extra careful and cherish what he got. I grew up with cherishing and protecting what I got,because I knew that if I lost/broke what I had there was no replacement also having 3 brothers and living with a single parent and relative low income makes you harden emotionally.At least that was the result for me.

Honestly, I would congratulate the officer if he shot the guys in the car, sometimes prison isn't enough for some people.

To be fair I'm talking about American cops, who are pretty useless.

Ahh....true enough. Although from what one or two people have said, the Canadian police are just as useless

This is why you don't have phones worth several hundred dollars. Just find something that you like, does everything you want and let it grow old instead of throwing it in the bin.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

This is why you don't have phones worth several hundred dollars. Just find something that you like, does everything you want and let it grow old instead of throwing it in the bin.

Pretty much I mean I currently own a Moto G 2014 it costed $160 because Amazon took a little off the price. My only complaint is I'd like more storage with a brighter, more accurate and higher (FHD) resolution screen and maybe with 2.5 GB of RAM at most and like a Snapdragon 801 because the 410 gets rather hot when its doing more intensive things, which I think might be better handled in like an 800 or 801 even though its a more powerful chip.

Pretty much I mean I currently own a Moto G 2014 it costed $160 because Amazon took a little off the price. My only complaint is I'd like more storage with a brighter, more accurate and higher (FHD) resolution screen and maybe with 2.5 GB of RAM at most and like a Snapdragon 801 because the 410 gets rather hot when its doing more intensive things, which I think might be better handled in like an 800 or 801 even though its a more powerful chip.

I just stick with my 2005 model Sony Ericson K750i. The only problem is finding apps for it since at that time smartphones hadn't really kicked off.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I just stick with my 2005 model Sony Ericson K750i. The only problem is finding apps for it since at that time smartphones hadn't really kicked off.

Still using my Samsung Galaxy mini from 2011. Won't replace it till it's dead for good.

The title should be Teen killed after taking on armed thief. I'm sure most people using that app don't get shot to death. It's great if you've just lost it and nobody has it. If someone does have it then have the common sense to walk away. Unless it really means that much to you, but whatever, I guess dying isn't the worst thing that can happen. :P