My 1 year old apartment reeks of nicotine

robbivip

So I know this is a tech forum but I need someone's help, I just moved in to an apartment that was built around mid-2014. The previous owner was a massive smoker, they even had to re-paint the ceiling because it was a different shade of white! I was just wondering if there's any way of getting rid of the smell 100%. I'm also very afraid my clothes and my bed will start to take on the smell.

Anyone got a way to clean this mess up?

Thanks

- Robbivip

So I know this is a tech forum but I need someone's help, I just moved in to an apartment that was built around mid-2014. The previous owner was a massive smoker, they even had to re-paint the ceiling because it was a different shade of white! I was just wondering if there's any way of getting rid of the smell 100%. I'm also very afraid my clothes and my bed will start to take on the smell.

Ask the people that run the place to either repaint and clean the carpets or to move you into a new apartment. 

Is it carpeted?

It's not, although it did come with window sheets.

Thanks

- Robbivip

Ask the people that run the place to either repaint and clean the carpets or to move you into a new apartment. 

The smell is probably soaked all around. I wouldn't pay to live in an environment like that...

System: Thinkpad T460

Do you mean smoke or actual nicotine? :P how does nicotine smell?

Ask Trik'Stari

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Do you mean smoke or actual nicotine? :P how does nicotine smell?

Smoke. :P

Thanks

- Robbivip

I'm having trouble breathing as a write this...

Thanks

- Robbivip

either that or just ask the person that runs the whole apartment complex to move into another room x]

There are only three logical conclusions:

A) Start smoking.

#2 Burn the apartment to the ground.

III. Make it smell like something worse than cigarettes.

Wow.... Windows open already?

So leave the apartment

Hopefully you didn't sign a long rental agreement.... 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Hopefully you didn't sign a long rental agreement.... 

A year actually, so I really need this solved...

Thanks

- Robbivip

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

If your having trouble breathing I'd gtfo and head to a hotel until you get the issue resolved.

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

ouch. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

If it smells like that and your locked in to the rent you should get the land owner to help you out

CPU: i5 6600k OCed to 4.5Ghz @ 1.35v, GPU: R9 390 Nitro, Motherboard: Asus z170-A, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX, RAM: HyperX 2x8 16gb DDR4, PSU: Seasonic x650, Storage: 850 EVO 500gb, WD 1tb blue, Case: H440 White/Black

Well in the US at least you could probably get the lease voided because it's an unhealthy space. The building owner should fix this for you.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Might be an allergic reaction

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black