Skylake reportedly to be unveiled at Gamescom in August

DigiTimes reports that Intel is gonna unveil some Skylake enthusiast CPU models at Gamescon in August this year. Other chipsets and CPUs are coming later, as well as notebook CPUs.

CPUs that are gonna reportedly gonna be shown are:

• i7-6700K
  • i5-6600K

After that, Intel is supposed to show between August 30-September 5:

• i7-6700
  • i7-6700T
  • i5-6600
  • i5-6500
  • i5-6400
  • i5-6600T
  • i5-6500T
  • i5-6400T

Also most MBO manufactureres should start announcing their MBOs for Skylake on August 5th.

Intel's 14nm Skylake processors and 100-series chipsets for desktops are expected to be unveiled in early August at Gamescom in Germany. Intel will announce the Core i7-6700K and Core i5-6600K as well as Z170 chipsets initially targeting gamers, according to sources from the upstream supply chain.

Intel will then unveil its Skylake-based Core i7-6700/6700T, Core i5-6600, 6500, 6400, 6600T, 6500T and 6400T, and H170 and B150 chipsets between August 30-September 5.

The H110 chipsets are scheduled to be released between September 27-October 3, the Q170 and Q150 chipsets are set for October or November.

Most motherboard players will start announcing their 100-series-based motherboards on August 5. The Skylake platform adopts an LGA1151 socket design and supports DDR4 memory.

Notebook versions of Skylake processors are planned for the fourth quarter of 2015 and Intel's notebook reference design for the Skylake platform includes support for USB 3.1 Type-C ports.

If this is true, you might wanna wait a bit more to upgrade.

Source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Hopefully mobile quad core chips follow soon after and not 6 months down the line. 

What is hype may never die - Cleganebowl 2016

\ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) / Hype train!! \ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

It says it support DDR4, but does it support DDR3 too?

And I hope Skylake will make older CPU's cheaper

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Hopefully mobile quad core chips follow soon after and not 6 months down the line. 

They say Q4 2015, so we shouldn't wait that long if this is true,

\ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) / Hype train!! \ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) /

It says it support DDR4, but does it support DDR3 too?

And I hope Skylake will make older CPU's cheaper

Skylake will support both DDR3 and DDR4, it's up to the motherboard manufacturer to decide what generation of RAM to use.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I just want the surface pro 4 to have skylake but the timing doesn't work out it seems

Skylake will support both DDR3 and DDR4, it's up to the motherboard manufacturer to decide what generation of RAM to use.

AFAIK there are even boards that support both, DDR3 and DDR4, but I don't know which OEM made it I think it was BIOSTAR

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

im really happy Intel made the smart decision to go with 20 lanes on skylake

people who sli and use an m.2 at x4 get issues

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

AFAIK there are even boards that support both, DDR3 and DDR4, but I don't know which OEM made it I think it was BIOSTAR

Interesting.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

im really happy Intel made the smart decision to go with 20 lanes on skylake

people who sli and use an m.2 at x4 get issues

They're still *insert expletive here* for not making it 24 lanes so people could either tri-fire/ tri-SLi or use two cards in SLi plus two M.2s in RAID 0.

But I guess they fear the anti-trust on the horizon if AMD can't catch up. In addition to wanting more money for less effort, of course.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

They're still *insert expletive here* for not making it 24 lanes so people could either tri-fire/ tri-SLi or use two cards in SLi plus two M.2s in RAID 0.

But I guess they fear the anti-trust on the horizon if AMD can't catch up. In addition to wanting more money for less effort, of course.

Raid 0 some m.2 hyperX ssds for that 2gb/s reads, oh baby.

All Z170 mobo leaks we've seen so far only support DDR4. Sure, we still know very little about the available models, but still...

And by mobo, I mean mobo from a REAL manufacturer, like Gigabyte, MSI, Asus or EVGA.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Why would someone on a mainstream board do that? They should be looking at X99 if that's the case.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

I thought it was DDR3L not the norm DDR3?

EDIT: Nevermind I didn't read that the manufacturer will decide which RAM to use.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Why would someone on a mainstream board do that? They should be looking at X99 if that's the case.

X99 doesn't have support for M.2 RAID. And no, I do not agree at all. There's no reason to make as few PCIe lanes as 24 a "premium" feature.

Don't be a corporate apologist.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Um ok, how am I corporate apologist? I asked a question then you say that.

If you read my other post in other topics you'll know I am actually the opposite.

Just look at your profile title "BitFenix fanboy", you are more likely to be a corporate apologist than I'm ever be.

X99 doesn't have support for M.2 RAID. And no, I do not agree at all. There's no reason to make as few PCIe lanes as 24 a "premium" feature.

How did you come with that conclusion?

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

When you have triple graphics cards you kind of need the extreme platforms for the extra CPU power, you can't run triple Titans or Fury's on a single 1150cpu without boging your gpu's down in some situations. When you're going that crazy it makes sense to jump to X99.

I don't get it has anyone bought 5000 series chips yet?

AMD not releasing anything for years and Intel every two month?

What is this a joke?

All Z170 mobo leaks we've seen so far only support DDR4. Sure, we still know very little about the available models, but still...

And by mobo, I mean mobo from a REAL manufacturer, like Gigabyte, MSI, Asus or EVGA.

I am pretty sure that the board was to be sold, just can't find it now, but it had 2DDR3 and 2 DDR4 slots afaik

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

people were bashing on amd for releasing product during E3 because E3 is about gaming. where is the bashing on intel for releasing during GAMEScom

people were bashing on amd for releasing product during E3 because E3 is about gaming. where is the bashing on intel for releasing during GAMEScom

I honestly can't remember people bashing on AMD because of that.