What do you think of young techies?

Panzer003

Ok, so this is a question for everyone on the forum...

What do you guys/girls think of young people (like my age 13-14ish) helping you guys out with your tech?

Like for say, if you had a massive problem with your computer, and a 13 year old just comes up and fixes it?

I know this sounds silly, but what do you guys think of people like me?

As long as you are giving valid advice and staying ontopic then you are no different from a 30 year old on this forum.

I see a lot of adults on this forum saying stupid things.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Well obviously they are smart and nice :) It's great of them to help others in fixing issues! Thanks to you guys we get great computer builds :P

If ya fix it I'm fine with it!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The question is indeed silly but everyone asks silly questions at times... 

If someone younger than me solves a technical issue I have with a computer I'd be ashamed of myself honestly. 

I think people like you have lots to learn in general. Rule of thumb here, "Think, Before You Act"

kdl480X.gif

It's invaluable.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'm too biased, as im 14, but hey, first? that's what we do right?

Well, I sure try my best! :)

As long as you are giving valid advice and staying ontopic then you are no different from a 30 year old on this forum.

I see a lot of adults on this forum saying stupid things.

Really? That's actually surprising.

Well obviously they are smart and nice :) It's great of them to help others in fixing issues! Thanks to you guys we get great computer builds :P

Well, thanks for that! :D

The question is indeed silly but everyone asks silly questions at times... 

If someone younger than me solves a technical issue I have with a computer I'd be ashamed of myself honestly. 

I think people like you have lots to learn in general. Rule of thumb here, "Think, Before You Act"

kdl480X.gif

It's invaluable.

You'd be ashamed? Ok, everyone has their own feelings. Don't worry, I think before I act.

Really? That's actually surprising.

Not at all. Them being an adult doesn't grant them instant knowledge about technology.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Well, thanks for that! :D

And you're from Australia even better. So am I :P

Keep helping people out hehe

You'd be ashamed? Ok, everyone has their own feelings. Don't worry, I think before I act.

You know its quite common for people to feel ashamed of themselves when they're outsmarted by someone younger than them... 

In this particular scenario more so because of my background in IT work... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Not at all. Them being an adult doesn't grant them instant knowledge about technology.

That's true, I guess that's why I'm the one who fixes the computer all the time. xD

And you're from Australia even better. So am I :P

Keep helping people out hehe

It's not like I had a choice haha

Hell, I'm 12 and I built a computer. I'd say you'd need to be at least 8 years old (the time that I understanding computers) to start becoming a tech pro. Honestly, it's not that hard. Building computers is just like adult LEGOs. Coding is basically just typing accuracy to me :P

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

You know its quite common for people to feel ashamed of themselves when they're outsmarted by someone younger than them... 

In this particular scenario more so because of my background in IT work... 

Well, then yeah, I guess you would.

It's not like I had a choice haha

I read the last 2 words. Does that mean I am tracking you down?

Hell, I'm 12 and I built a computer. I'd say you'd need to be at least 8 years old (the time that I understanding computers) to start becoming a tech pro. Honestly, it's not that hard. Building computers is just like adult LEGOs. Coding is basically just typing accuracy to me :P

I've seen better than 8.

I like JayzTwoCents

I read the last 2 words. Does that mean I am tracking you down?

Well, are you?

I've seen better than 8.

I like JayzTwoCents

Exotic child.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

A 13-14 year old can know as much as any 40-50 year old.

As long as you give valid advice and don't do stupid things (spamming, making meaningless threads), I've got no problem with anyone giving advice.

(18-Year old speaking)

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Exotic child.

That's what happens when you live with a dad with a like $20k computer,

With mostly collected and parts from sponsors.

A 13-14 year old can know as much as any 40-50 year old.

As long as you give valid advice and don't do stupid things (spamming, making meaningless threads), I've got no problem with anyone giving advice.

(18-Year old speaking)

I wish I knew as much as @Linus and @Slick...

I wish I knew as much as @Linus and @Slick...

Meh, 

They know so much because of their job / hobby.

Linus used to work at NCIX (Computer parts) and as a computer fixer (Evidence can be seen in his Ultimate TechBag video)

+ The fact that they grew up with all the hardware/software releases : DOS(Maybe) .... Windows 95 .... Windows 10 helps A lot.

Nowadays kids (in my country) don't even learn a basic thing in Computer Class. They get this : Windows Folder structure, basic networking (never having to connect a network themselves), Powerpoint, Word and GameMaker ... They don't even see basic programming, a bit of command line or simply the workings/ internals of a pc.

I (luckily) had some computer education by my dad/myself and primary school (only the hardware part: We happened to get an afternoon to dissassemble 40pc's or so for parts... Was fun!)

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/