AMD Hate?

Nosmada09

Would i buy amd over nvidia even if it was to save $100?No and theres many reasons for that 

I'd like to hear them... why would you buy a 960 if an r9 290 was priced the same?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'd like to hear them... why would you buy a 960 if an r9 290 was priced the same?

He should have phrased it 'an AMD equivalent'.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

He should have phrased it 'an AMD equivalent'.

would you pay 100$ more for a 970 over a 290x?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I'm glad I chose the 3570k over the 8350 back when 3570k vs 8350 was hype. Idk why it was such a difficult decision to make back then, most of those graphs above clearly shows which one performs better.

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

would you pay 100$ more for a 970 over a 290x?

Depends on the situation, which cooler the card has, whether or not its winter etc (that's an actual consideration BTW, if my Xeon X5450 at 4GHz can warm my room overnight while folding, and my GTX 970 has a slight impact, an R9 290X would do an even better job).

PMSL

though i do have to admit i've been pretty big time let down by AMD lately, Not just the graphic card rebrands, also that one time i saw a new amd cpu teased but all it turned out to be was a water cooler for the 9590, rather than even some 10-12 core FX Chip with slight improvements to the architecture (or 28nm?) to help keep it going until zen (cause zen is still damn far away)

I have to admit that i am a pretty huge fan of AMD myself, ever since i had my old athlon 3800+ rig, but to sum it up....i'm kind of feeling empty about AMD's offerings right now, Unlike Nvidia whom seem way more exciting to follow at the moment.

though to be honest i do want to test out a 8350/9590 someday, coming from a ex 3770K/Now 4820K owner.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

Depends on the situation, which cooler the card has, whether or not its winter etc (that's an actual consideration BTW, if my Xeon X5450 at 4GHz can warm my room overnight while folding, and my GTX 970 has a slight impact, an R9 290X would do an even better job).

any cooler but the reference one would be just fine to be honest ^^ and yeah, they do keep the room warm in winter. I'm not sure I'd fold on one in summer, but this was more of a gaming consideration. There aren't a lot of reasons to pay 100$ more for a 970... in fact there isn't much reason for nvidia to keep the price where it is, but they can do it because amd is rebranding  <_<

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

any cooler but the reference one would be just fine to be honest ^^ and yeah, they do keep the room warm in winter. I'm not sure I'd fold on one in summer, but this was more of a gaming consideration. There aren't a lot of reasons to pay 100$ more for a 970... in fact there isn't much reason for nvidia to keep the price where it is, but they can do it because amd is rebranding  <_<

I'm honestly still surprised that AMD can't even do the logical thing of bumping everything down a tier, improving where possible then adding the 'Fury' as the 390X. Then again the term logical hasn't applied to AMD for quite a few years.

PMSL

"everytime I post something that remotely involves AMD I immediately get replies telling me AMD sucks and I need to use Intel or Nvidia"

Where? When?

Probably whenever he says he asks which is the better CPU, a $244 8350 or a $245 i5?    

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Short Answer: As Carey Holzman once said: "They are basically identical. The only difference is the socket."

My Answer: For the longest time, AMD has fallen behind in both the GPU & CPU Market. This is due to their R&D Division not getting enough funding, as AMD decided that most of it's money should go to marketing, as well as chip manufacturing. But when it comes down to it, it is just an elitist argument. People say that AMD is for poor people, only because it is cheaper. But when you compare the FX-83## to whatever equivalently priced i3, you will see a massive gap in performance (FX winning). Or when you compare the 960 to the R9 280, that is not a fare comparison, as the R9 280 runs about $80 less than the cheapest GTX 960. A more fair comparison would be the GTX 960 to the R9 290, as they are equally priced.

But when it comes down to it, they are just being hated on for having the lesser product, nothing more.

EDIT: Alright another way saying this is that people who use AMD think & know they drive a lesser vehicle, say a VW Passat, Where as people who use Intel & Nvidia are using a slightly classier Passat, but they think they are driving a Bugatti.

Probably whenever he says he asks which is the better CPU, a $244 8350 or a $245 i5?    

You've been changing your profile image a lot.

PMSL

You've been changing your profile image a lot.

Sorry the bouncing tits got boring.  However I have only changed it twice since before April, I wouldn't exactly call that a lot.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Short Answer: As Carey Holzman once said: "They are basically identical. The only difference is the socket."

My Answer: For the longest time, AMD has fallen behind in both the GPU & CPU Market. This is due to their R&D Division not getting enough funding, as AMD decided that most of it's money should go to marketing, as well as chip manufacturing. But when it comes down to it, it is just an elitist argument. People say that AMD is for poor people, only because it is cheaper. But when you compare the FX-83## to whatever equivalently priced i3, you will see a massive gap in performance (FX winning). Or when you compare the 960 to the R9 280, that is not a fare comparison, as the R9 280 runs about $80 less than the cheapest GTX 960. A more fair comparison would be the GTX 960 to the R9 290, as they are equally priced.

But when it comes down to it, they are just being hated on for having the lesser product, nothing more.

EDIT: Alright another way saying this is that people who use AMD think & know they drive a lesser vehicle, say a VW Passat, Where as people who use Intel & Nvidia are using a slightly classier Passat, but they think they are driving a Bugatti.

The funny thing is, if you want to find the answer that you're looking for, you'll always find it somewhere.

I've said this numerous times: the people who find benchmarks or reviews that say AMD's CPU's are as good or better than Intel's are just like the woman in the 'if Google was a guy part 2' video where she asks Google for "vaccines cause autism". Google responds and says "well I have this one article here.." she cuts him off and says "I.. KNEW IT." She takes the article and leaves.

yep, and what architecture is it using, hmm?

ahh, right. it's identical to the 7850K, which came out about a year ago.this is why people are fed up with AMD. They just upped the clocks a bit.

Mate, my pc with a 7850k is a year old and that APU was already old when I built it.

Good chip though. I rather like it.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Mate, my pc with a 7850k is a year old and that APU was already old when I built it.

Good chip though. I rather like it.

I have a 5800K machine that is about to be repurposed as a FreeNAS box. The APUs are great for things that are more suited to servers and esoteric stuff like streaming.

The funny thing is, if you want to find the answer that you're looking for, you'll always find it somewhere.

I've said this numerous times: the people who find benchmarks or reviews that say AMD's CPU's are as good or better than Intel's are just like the woman in the 'if Google was a guy part 2' video where she asks Google for "vaccines cause autism". Google responds and says "well I have this one article here.." she cuts him off and says "I.. KNEW IT." She takes the article and leaves.

What's your point?

What's your point?

That AMD CPU's are bad.

My Phenom is king.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

My Phenom is king.

And benchmarks will prove that as well.

PMSL

I'm on a FX 6300 right now with a samsung 850... everything literally loads instantly (photoshop, games, etc).. If I switched to a intel i5 or whatever, would the speeds even be noticeable though? Everything is so damn fast I cannot imagine it being faster lol

I'm on a FX 6300 right now with a samsung 850... everything literally loads instantly (photoshop, games, etc).. If I switched to a intel i5 or whatever, would the speeds even be noticeable though? Everything is so damn fast I cannot imagine it being faster lol

In games yes. And the SSD is what's making everything appear fast, not the CPU.

PMSL

In games yes. And the SSD is what's making everything appear fast, not the CPU.

So you're saying my games would load up even faster than they are now? Hell, I might buy an INTEL then lol.

But, I would need to upgrade my mobo :(

My Phenom is king.

No no, AMD finally caught up with Phenom II with Excavator :P It is sad that Excavator is the only Bulldozer revision better than Phenom II.

Someone give me benchmarks for proof that intel increases games FPS's as compared to amd chips.

Or a video by linus is fine too :) Thanks! on the verge of switching to intel ~ ty ty (using fx 6300 atm)

No no, AMD finally caught up with Phenom II with Excavator :P It is sad that Excavator is the only Bulldozer revision better than Phenom II.

No, they didn't. On the same manufacturing process a Phenom II would still be faster.

PMSL