AMD Hate?

Nosmada09

How is it pissing people off. They all perform better at lower tdps? 

that wasn't known before. Before it seemed like they were relaunching the exact same cards for more money. Now that there are benchmarks out it looks like they did some tweaks to get a nice performance bump out of the gpu. This thread was started before the benchmarks and before that there was just rumours of a 1:1 rebrand.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

So does intel, and nvidia. 

That's a very good point. For 10 years (1998-2008) Intel recycled the Pentium III as the Coppermine, Tulatin, Dothan and the dual core Yonah.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I think that the reason there's a lot of hate is because recently we found out that they are rebadging the 7000 series again, this will be stage 2 of this. But the GPUs are still really good, and I can totally see why people are hating over the rebadge thing, Nvidia doesn't do it. But with the release of the new generations it's not just the exact same card as before...They add more stream processors and they have the core clock set a bit higher, and this time around the 390 and 390X variants will both feature 8GB of memory. But maybe AMD rebranded for a reason, because the Fury X is supposed to boast Titan X performance at a dramatically lower price. But with the FX CPU's, I completely understand the hate towards them. They're not really that good, and despite their fast core clock and lots of cores, they really slack in single threaded performance compared to other CPUs. And despite their fast clock, they don't perform near as many calculations per clock as an equivalent Intel CPU. But with the APUs and Athlon series processors, I think those are actually pretty good...I don't see the hate on those.1

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

Really, I just chose a random benchmark. No cherry picking here.

Of course not, and I find benchmarks informative both from a consumer and it gives us a peek on how these games are written. Before I bought my a10's I spent 2 months researching my options cause research is free. Anandtech tested an A10 APU with twin R9 295's at 4K ultra against others including the I5. Now no sane person would do this but it does give insight how different games utilize hardware differently.

I suspect the game shown is single thread. The 860k has better single thread performance then the 8350 although the 860k is not in the same league as the 8 core. Games will use more cores and I think sooner then later. Also there is cache and that can have as big of an effect as core architecture IMHO.  

Of course not, and I find benchmarks informative both from a consumer and it gives us a peek on how these games are written. Before I bought my a10's I spent 2 months researching my options cause research is free. Anandtech tested an A10 APU with twin R9 295's at 4K ultra against others including the I5. Now no sane person would do this but it does give insight how different games utilize hardware differently.

I suspect the game shown is single thread. The 860k has better single thread performance then the 8350 although the 860k is not in the same league as the 8 core. Games will use more cores and I think sooner then later. Also there is cache and that can have as big of an effect as core architecture IMHO.  

Its not 8 cores as such but 8 integer cores, 4 modules (what would normally be cores if the integer cores weren't split), 8 threads. And while CMT has its benefits, the lower resulting IPC completely negates that.

PMSL

The CPU's are bad at this point and their gpu's are good.

But seriously, this forum loves to jab at amd for days in every thread, but when somebody makes a 3,5gb joke about Nvidia they all cry and get angry

But seriously, this forum loves to jab at amd for days in every thread, but when somebody makes a 3,5gb joke about Nvidia they all cry and get angry

This is the best post I've seen all day...

This is so true I don't think I'll be eating tonight.

FairladyZ | If you want to reply to me, please quote my post! Idiocity, the best money wasting PC build ever!

Everybody likes to bash about AMD on the forum....

Rebrand here and rebrand there.

Making fun of a card rebranded now........

This is the best post I've seen all day...

This is so true I don't think I'll be eating tonight.

Yes? Was It that good? It's true too.

Make a 3,5 GB joke in off topic and wait for the first butthurt person to go 'you know, I have heard that joke quite enough now'

Then go to any AMD news post, first 5 posts are heat jokes and nobody says a thing.

Everybody likes to bash about AMD on the forum....

Rebrand here and rebrand there.

Making fun of a card rebranded now........

Overused jokes all the time, but we AMD owning people just let it slide.

Yes? Was It that good? It's true too.

Make a 3,5 GB joke in off topic and waif for the first butthurt person to go 'you know, I have heard that joke quite enough now'

Then go to any AMD news post, first 5 posts are heat jokes and nobody says a thing.

Yep. It's basically heat, power consumption, or #rebrand.

First off heat and power consumption.........you really expect to have a card similar to Maxwell before the 300 came out?

R9 290X was meant to complete with 780 or Kepler, not some Maxwell card.

59708.png59709.png

59711.pngHigh temps due to crappy reference cooler.

Come on really.......the noise levels

59716.png59715.png

Yep. It's basically heat, power consumption, or #rebrand.

First off heat and power consumption.........you really expect to have a card similar to Maxwell before the 300 came out?

R9 290X was meant to complete with 780 or Kepler, not some Maxwell card.

59708.png59709.png

59711.pngHigh temps due to crappy reference cooler.

Come on really.......the noise levels

59716.png59715.png

Facts don't matter for fanboys

Facts don't matter for fanboys

Which pisses me-and others-right off.

PMSL

Which pisses me-and others-right off.

Yep, they just straight up ignore. 

It's like that kid(he has a 5960X and 3 way 980 SLI) at my school who has no idea about PCs yet he always say NVIDIA AND INTEl. Even show benchmarks yet he always ignores......

Why is there so much hate towards AMD? Can anyone give me an honest non-condescending answer?

I personally don't like take a side one way or the other I just enjoy the tech, but everytime I post something that remotely involves AMD I immediately get replies telling me AMD sucks and I need to use Intel or Nvidia. Most of the time the posters aren't even answering my questions and many of the times are blatantly wrong, suggesting things like the lowest end Intel CPU would be better than a hi end AMD.

I just want to know why there is so much hate and misinformation. Because honestly all of the people that just immediately start sprouting AMD hate and Intel/Nvidia "Pride" are really starting to annoy me and push me away from their products.

AMD has nearly no optimized games on their side while Nvidia pays off every damn game company to use physx and ruin the game for amd gpu's.. Now their CPU's eh just not as powerful as i like it to be( single core performance)

CPU¤Core i5 5675c ¤Cooler¤Ghetto water loop(Cheap tubing & block from amazon)¤GPU1¤Sapphire R9 290x Tri-x¤MOBO¤Asrock H97m Anniversary ¤RAM¤8GB DDR3 1866Mhz¤Storage¤2Tb SSHD & 320Gb HDD¤Case¤Cougar Spike Mini ITX case¤PowerSupply¤500w EVGA 80 plus¤

That's a very good point. For 10 years (1998-2008) Intel recycled the Pentium III as the Coppermine, Tulatin, Dothan and the dual core Yonah.

This was during the race for a higher frequency/clock speed and AMD did the same but at least AMD was making progress at the same if not faster.

Found this, I Used Wikipedia for the chart;

The Pentium III[1] (marketed as Intel Pentium III Processor, informally PIII, also stylized as Pentium !!! ) brand refers toIntel's 32-bit x86 desktop and mobile microprocessors based on the sixth-generation P6 microarchitecture introduced on February 26, 1999. The brand's initial processors were very similar to the earlier Pentium II-branded microprocessors. The most notable differences were the addition of the SSE instruction set (to accelerate floating pointand parallel calculations), and the introduction of a controversial serial number embedded in the chip during the manufacturing process.

Intel Pentium III processor family Standard Logo

Katmai              (250 nm)      May 1999

Coppermine     (180 nm)      Mar 2000

Coppermine T  (180 nm)       Aug 2000

Tualatin             (130 nm)      Apr 2001

Then Intel found it easier to put two cores on one chip rather than having this;

Intel Dual-Core (Dempsey) with Blackford Chipset

blogtext_img_1.jpg

So they came up with this; 

Intel's Dual-Core (Yonah) Mobile Processor

blogtext_img_2.jpg

Above Photos borrowed from http://insight-64.blogspot.com/

I think that the reason there's a lot of hate is because recently we found out that they are rebadging the 7000 series again, this will be stage 2 of this. But the GPUs are still really good, and I can totally see why people are hating over the rebadge thing, Nvidia doesn't do it. But with the release of the new generations it's not just the exact same card as before...They add more stream processors and they have the core clock set a bit higher, and this time around the 390 and 390X variants will both feature 8GB of memory. But maybe AMD rebranded for a reason, because the Fury X is supposed to boast Titan X performance at a dramatically lower price. But with the FX CPU's, I completely understand the hate towards them. They're not really that good, and despite their fast core clock and lots of cores, they really slack in single threaded performance compared to other CPUs. And despite their fast clock, they don't perform near as many calculations per clock as an equivalent Intel CPU. But with the APUs and Athlon series processors, I think those are actually pretty good...I don't see the hate on those.1

NVidia did re-badge (at least it appears to be) once with the Titan and 980 series basically the same things with the obvious difference in core speed, cuda core count and memory size. To be honest at first I was confused at what the difference was besides the huge price offset.

But yeah NVidia core fans to tend to be hostile but so do AMD's. (Fan = Fanatic: a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal)

I am personally a fan of both. I had use ATI in the past but quickly became a fan of 3dFx then NVidia bought it up. I have been on the green team since but only because when it was time to do an upgrade NVidia had the top card at that moment.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER