Forum going down hill

I have found that lately this site has not been as great as it once was. There are many more user that argue, complain, give wrong information, don't follow rules of the forum, etc. But that I suppose is to be expected with a growing user base, but the thing that bothers me the most is that I use to be able to post a question and get multiple answers immediately even when less people were using the forum, but now I have had topics that have gotten literally no post what so ever. Not to mention that if I post something in the general section that should have been some where else I get in trouble, which make since but if I post any where other that general I get significantly less responses. I still love this community and the forum but I guess I just wanted to rant a bit and see if there are others who are feeling the same way or have other complains that maybe the lmg team will take into consideration.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

I have found that lately this site has not been as great as it once was. There are many more user that argue, complain, give wrong information, don't follow rules of the forum, etc. But that I suppose is to be expected with a growing user base, but the thing that bothers me the most is that I use to be able to post a question and get multiple answers immediately even when less people were using the forum, but now I have had topics that have gotten literally no post what so ever. Not to mention that if I post something in the general section that should have been some where else I get in trouble, which make since but if I post any where other that general I get significantly less responses. I still love this community and the forum but I guess I just wanted to rant a bit and see if there are others who are feeling the same way or have other complains that maybe the lmg team will take into consideration.

I feel as if there are too many immature teens on here now trolling, but as you said with growth problems scale up as well. Sad this is true with all forums. A lot of them came for free stuff too lol.

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

It honestly went to cancer a year ago.

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Address you concerns to the mod team. That's all I can say.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

What do you mean by "get in trouble" when you make a thread in the wrong section?

Yes we've already heard this plenty of times before...no need to remind us. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I joined a year ago.

You sayin I cause forum-cancer? /s :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Exactly my thoughts, you brought on some very valid arguments. I am pretty sure some one is going to come and try refute your statement, but truth to be told. The quality, content and depth of the site has certainly degraded quite a bit.

I joined a year ago.

You sayin I cause forum-cancer? /s :P

I've only been active for the last month so I wouldn't know that much. It just feels like a year ago the community was much better :P

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

What do you mean by "get in trouble" when you make a thread in the wrong section?

I get marks on my account which will eventually add up and become strikes or something like that, all I know is got 4 at once without even knowing I did something wrong, however the mod was very nice and changed it to only one instead of the 4 he originally gave me due to me not knowing.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

I see what you mean, but it's not horrible yet... It can be fixed.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

I see what you mean, but it's not horrible yet... It can be fixed.

I fully agree, that is why I took the time to write it, my hopes is the right person will see it with more power than me and be able to start moving things in the Wright direction again.

If you really want to see a forum that has gone downhill, you should see the forum I used to visit. It was made in the end of 2005, and boasted more members than here. (At times, there would be 2,000+ members online at once.) Now, you're lucky to see a post a day, tops. Around mid-2009-2010, the forum went downhill, and spiraled out of control from there.

This is nothing.

An easy fix would be a 5$ pay wall. This gets rid of most trolls and brings revenue for Linus.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Moved to Off Topic.

Did you even bother to read anything I just wrote, as a mod maybe you should be reading it and taking note of how very one seems to agree with me, not literally proving my point and complaint.

An easy fix would be a 5$ pay wall. This gets rid of most trolls and brings revenue for Linus.

Maybe not monthly but I would do a one time or something for sure.

Did you even bother to read anything I just wrote, as a mod maybe you should be reading it and taking note of how very one seems to agree with me, not literally proving my point and complaint.

I see why you get warning points.  :(

You weren't here a year ago? O.o

Address you concerns to the mod team. That's all I can say.

They can't do much about people just being stupid

"Rawr XD"

Please don't be that asshole  that calls something cancer, not a funny thing to joke about.

.... wasn't trying to joke, was just using to describe how bad it went