HTC’s epic One M9 disaster keeps getting worse

whos your avatar?

Mio Akiyama

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Can we really blame 1 phone for their stock price drop? Even if it's a flagship, people are not gonna not buy a lower end HTC phone because their flagship was bad. Calling it a "epic M9 disaster" seems far fetched.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Well the HTC One series was a disappointment with each model. Well designed, but sub par camera, overheating problems during the summer and so on...

And their lower end models are utter poop compared to the competition with high prices.

Camera was definitely terrible on the M8.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Really, i wouldn't be surprised if they went bankrupt at this point. Profits are falling so low after the M9 fiasaco that they probably aren't worth selling anything anymore.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Honestly if HTC would slim down the god damn bezels. There's essentially 3 bezels on the bottom alone. Speaker, random HTC black bar, and then the software keys.

Honestly if HTC would slim down the god damn bezels. There's essentially 3 bezels on the bottom alone. Speaker, random HTC black bar, and then the software keys.

The software keys are not really "bezels."

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I hope they can turn this around again. I hope they can tough it out until the M10 or whatever they decide to name it. But im not sure it will make much of a difference since their demise seems inevitable.

I personally wont buy another HTC device after my last phone the HTC Evo 4G, It was on Gingerbread when i bought it, and 3 years later it was still on gingerbread (I rooted to ~4.0.4 I think.) And i bought it when it was a flagship phone..  Thank god for Samsung and my Note 3.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

ZenFone 2? 

It was overhyped. Screen is meh, camera is meh, battery life is poor. 

Move on.

Definitely meh for a $400/500 phone, but it costs $200/300. It has flaws, but it's damn cheap.

That's a sad one. My last two phones were desire z and one m7, both had no proper replacement since release. I dont want to go back to non-m7 speakers and flimsy plastic build, but m9 blows, ehh.

As a HTC M7 owner I'm kinda sad now because I was waiting for the M9 and it kinda blows now my battery decided to start failing as well.

Guess i'll be going for the ZenPhone 

Good idea, just got the Fonepad 7 and ZenUI is nice af :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I recently "upgraded" from the HTC Droid DNA to the Motorola Turbo and unfortunately I am not having any luck with the new phone. I love the battery life with the Turbo but really call quality, signal strength and volume was much better with the HTC phone. I hope they pull out of a dive and get back into the swing of it.

yeah, I didn't mean they were going to go bankrupt (they even make ships, I doubt they'll go down anytime soon) but rather that they'd sell less and less flagship phones.

The problem is that the note 3 was what, 800$? That's the price for a pc, not a phone. And there isn't much that justifies it either: the 1440p screen at this point is more a gimmick than anything else, and the cpu is just the nth iterative increase that in the end makes very little difference in day to day use. There are not enough good games on android to use the phone as a console (and still, 800$ for a handheld console are way too much) meaning all that power sort of goes to waste, while hindering something that actually matters like battery life. Ultimately it does little more than, say, a zenfone 2 that costs half as much. While the zenfone is a little rough around the edges, I can easily forgive that after sparing 450$. On top of that, the zenfone actually offers something interesting that many others do not: an x86_64 cpu and 4gb of ram. That phone is perfectly capable of running desktop windows 10, or any desktop linux distribution (although for linux a chroot would achieve the same without compromising android) without noticeable hardware limitations. Not something that the avg joe would care about, but the avg joe would be perfectly fine with a 150$ phone.

599.99 quickly dropped to 499.99

I recently "upgraded" from the HTC Droid DNA to the Motorola Turbo and unfortunately I am not having any luck with the new phone. I love the battery life with the Turbo but really call quality, signal strength and volume was much better with the HTC phone. I hope they pull out of a dive and get back into the swing of it.

It seems that phone makers are caring less and less about one thing in phones, the actual telephone.

"Rawr XD"

As a HTC M7 owner I'm kinda sad now because I was waiting for the M9 and it kinda blows now my battery decided to start failing as well.

Guess i'll be going for the ZenPhone 

Go for a Droid Turbo on contract, its $150(base) $199(Ballistic) for the 64Gb 

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Woah.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I just ordered my Nexus 6 today after pondering for months and months on whether to get one or not lol.

Good thing as well as the mother decided to wash her iPhone the other day. I'll be donating her my HTC One M8, great phone (unlike the M9). She'll love it :)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

599.99 quickly dropped to 499.99

fair enough, but that's still hella expensive, especially at 600 bucks. 500 are more reasonable, but not by too much.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Honestly I see samsung going down the same hole if they don't change their pricing scheme. They have nothing to justify a 700$+ price tag anymore, eventually users will notice. They don't really have apple's name to carry them, or not to nearly the same degree.

You do realize Samsung is way larger than apple could ever dream to be?

You do realize Samsung is way larger than apple could ever dream to be?

sure, I didn't mean they risk bankruptcy, just that their flagship ohones may start to loose relevance soon.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

VS, maybe worth putting in your OP but I just read in a Dutch article that Asus said that them buying HTC could be a possibility. They did talk about it internally.

You guys often make it sound as if the M7 was their first phone. They've had good phones before but forgot how to innovate and tried to get in bed with Apple.

I never liked the look of the M series and I couldn't care less about the oversized front facing speakers. They should have offered a phone like the ONE X with mid to hig end specs but at a lower price point.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

VS, maybe worth putting in your OP but I just read in a Dutch article that Asus said that them buying HTC could be a possibility. They did talk about it internally.

Yup I read that this morning and will update. It does seem more likely as HTC can't really compete without a major Injection of resources and talent.