HTC’s epic One M9 disaster keeps getting worse

The software keys are not really "bezels."

Might as well be. It's taking up valuable screen space. The black bar was justified before because it had capacitive buttons but now HTC believes in #bezels

It seems that phone makers are caring less and less about one thing in phones, the actual telephone.

Agreed and the service providers really aren't any better. Verizon tech support actually told me to try using a third party program like Skype or Google to get better call service from them and more use of my brand new droid turbo.

I remember HTC having lots of momentum on several occasions but they have only themselves to blame for losing it. The earliest chance to corner the Android market I can remember is around the HD2 launch. It's not a bad looking phone even by today's standard and it's features held up well over time considering how fast phones age. HTC could have taken the Android market that was getting fedup with small displays on slow phones.

But nope, they went for the easy money with Sprint (LOL) and later with Verizon instead of launching their own unit and securing the Android market before Samsung and LG even entered let alone really tried. Next thing you know, HTC is paying the price for playing it safe with carrier deals, Samsung and LG entered and are both going all out competing.

I always loved their design language, elegant devices that were easily recognizable. Android was theirs to rule and their growth would have been second only to Apple.

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?

That's a weaker set of specs. Snapdragon 615. It's a typical midrange/budget phone, while the Zenfone 2 (like the OnePlus One before it) is bringing flagship performance to a midrange price point.

performance is not the most important thing though... battery life and screen is where it's at. I would even take OPO/Alcatel over Zenfone today... Not to mention zenfone is sooo ugly and bulky.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

performance is not the most important thing though... battery life and screen is where it's at. I would even take OPO/Alcatel over Zenfone today... Not to mention zenfone is sooo ugly and bulky.

This. You don't buy a $250 phone to keep it for 3+ years. The OPO/Alcatel are overall better phones even if outperformed by the ZenFone, and I also agree that it's ugly af

"Rawr XD"

They are all important. You can't enjoy a great screen and long battery life on a laggy phone.

They are all important. You can't enjoy a great screen and long battery life on a laggy phone.

They aren't laggy though. They won't run games on max, but software runs very well on both of those phones.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.