I noticed there are no threads on Apple Music or their recent announcements

Misanthrope

I expected to see several threads and duplicates and what not and seemingly not a single fuck has been given here on LTT. Am I missing something or did nobody here, not even Apple enthusiasts, cared about it?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Apple is poopy, I hate their music service, I don't care, google play music all the way, Apple please stop making overpriced products and stop telling artists to pull their music from other services.

blackshades on

I don't think anyone cared to be honest :P

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well I just don't care about it.

Maybe because it's nothing revolutionary and we already have see implementations like it for a long time... just meh. Feels like Apple is trying to catch up and make a big woop of it by how the revolutionise this and how they invented that.

Maybe because it's nothing revolutionary and we already have see implementations like it for a long time... just meh. Feels like Apple is trying to catch up and make a big woop of it by how the revolutionise this and how they invented that.

Not saying this is not 100% accurate, just saying that in the past it doesn't seems to matter and people do get exited. I guess Apple is not as strong as they'd like to believe outside of phones and laptops.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I expected to see several threads and duplicates and what not and seemingly not a single fuck has been given here on LTT. Am I missing something or did nobody here, not even Apple enthusiasts, cared about it?

It was all contained in the WWDC thread,

there is not much to say about it really.. its a music service, it seems well priced and good features 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Trying to catch up? Apple has the most used and most profitable media service on the planet. Apple is ahead of the curve in most marketing aspects of business out there. While I don't really agree with their high costs, their ability to move units shows how successful they are. You're hating on them because you don't like them, not because their products are shit. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Perhaps you could include some information for those of us who dont know what their announcements were...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It's not like everything Apple releases should have it's own thread. They haven't released anything revolutinary in years, nothing special.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Perhaps you could include some information for those of us who dont know what their announcements were...

Sure, A music service that will come to windows and android relatively soon, bunch of rappers support it with curating services. They also doing an update to OSX El Capitan called but not sure what it entails other than some window arrangement thingie...same for ios. Apple watch will now run apps independently of an iphone I know that was a big one and something about the UK now accepting apple pay...I think

http://www.techspot.com/category/apple/

-------

Current Rig

-------

My suspicion is that people probably don't give enough of a shit.

I do, I just dont need to discuss it on the forum lol

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Trying to catch up? Apple has the most used and most profitable media service on the planet. Apple is ahead of the curve in most marketing aspects of business out there. While I don't really agree with their high costs, their ability to move units shows how successful they are. You're hating on them because you don't like them, not because their products are shit. 

Who said I was an Apple hater? I just don't buy into their marketing nor do I use their products but it doesn't mean I dislike them. All I see with Apple Music is a solid alternative to Spotify and/or Rdio for those that are looking for a music/radio streaming service. They are just making a service to compete with what is already available. As far as I can see that's all there is to it hence why not many people are talking about it in my opinion.

Who said I was an Apple hater? I just don't buy into their marketing nor do I use their products but it doesn't mean I dislike them. All I see with Apple Music is a solid alternative to Spotify and/or Rdio for those that are looking for a music/radio streaming service. They are just making a service to compete with what is already available. As far as I can see that's all there is to it hence why not many people are talking about it in my opinion.

yeah pretty much, I am sure I will switch from Spotify to Apple music, but its a music service, its not exactly special, and there is not much to discuss other than going "oh look a music streaming service"

It was all contained in the WWDC thread,

there is not much to say about it really.. its a music service, it seems well priced and good features 

this, and nobody seems to care enough to post a dedicated thread.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

well it doesn't do anything different that other streaming services, only 2 thing highlighted about it, for me anyways, which is their connect feature, (aka instagram in itunes for artists) and that is coming to android, besides that, there's nothing impressive, maybe that it will be available in more places that spotify currently does, also you can't stream the same songs available for purchase in itunes, completely different libraries, though i'm not sure if you can stream songs already purchased in itunes

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

also you can't stream the same songs available for purchase in itunes, completely different libraries, though i'm not sure if you can stream songs already purchased in itunes

What? it steams the "ENTIRE" apple music catalog and it lets you stream your own purcahsed music including music ripped from CD- so this replaces iTunes match too!!!

It says right on their website

"Apple Music 

Apple Music is a revolutionary streaming service and app that puts the entire Apple Music catalog at your fingertips across your favorite devices. Starting with the music you already know — whether from the iTunes Store® or ripped CDs — your music now lives in one place alongside the Apple Music catalog with over 30 million songs. You can stream any song, album or playlist you choose — or better yet, let Apple Music do the work for you."

Of course there aren't any threads, not when Apple gives us not-exactly-the-greatest codecs when we can get better ones on bandcamp or soundcloud or something, often without a price premium.

If there were anything revolutionary or worth reporting from apple, trust me, you'd hear about it here. Just trust me on that one.

If there were anything revolutionary or worth reporting from apple, trust me, you'd hear about it here. Just trust me on that one.

You mean stuff like "Probalby the smartest Oven with Nvidia K1 SOC" ? I think Apple launching the music service is a little bit more interesting than an oven

-------

Current Rig

-------

You mean stuff like "Probalby the smartest Oven with Nvidia K1 SOC" ? I think Apple launching the music service is a little bit more interesting than an oven

A cookie-cutter music service over an internet-of-things thing? I'd rather hear about the oven tbh. Imagine that, roast chicken at a buttery 60fps...

Are you kidding? We'd never hear the end of it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Are you kidding? We'd never hear the end of it.

don't hold your breath; it's not nearly as bad as it used to be...

I think you know who I mean.