Dota 2 vs LoL

mrswagbhinav

I want to start playing a f2p moba with my friends and I can't decide which one to invest my time into. I've tried LoL but not Dota and one of the problems I faced was how long it took me to find matches. But I don't how Dota is so can someone just tell me the pros and cons of both of them?

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Prepare for the fanboys ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I only tried a bit of LoL and did not really like it.

The community seemed to be very toxic too.

If you have tried LoL, why not try Dota 2 a bit to try it out?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

They are both shit, don't play them.

simple as that.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Prepare for the fanboys ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

I only tried a bit of LoL and did not really like it.

The community seemed to be very toxic too.

If you have tried LoL, why not try Dota 2 a bit to try it out?

Dota 2 community is just as or even more toxic  :lol:  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

They are both shit, don't play them.

simple as that.

132051635885.gif

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Dota 2 community is just as or even more toxic  :lol:  :lol:

Well from what I had seen, it was less toxic, but I guess I don't have much experience with it.

if you are not competitive prepared to get rekt, and flamed.

Every community is shit when they get big enough

doesn't matter what games, what platform, more people = more shit happens

it comes down to your self to filter that all that bad stuff.

DotA 2 has a very steep learning curves and most top end players have been playing for 7-10 years+.

I wouldnt recommend DotA if you dont have a significant ammount of time to invest. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Well from what I had seen, it was less toxic, but I guess I don't have much experience with it.

Dota 2 has voice chat. All I'm gonna say.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Dota 2 and League of Legends are best compared on a Venn Diagram, versus a table of pros and cons. That being said, I'll do my best to outline them both for you. 

Dota 2:

• Time investment returns greater reward in the longterm. (Mastering Dota is much harder than League of Legends, but teaches you much more advanced mechanics.)
  • People in the MOBA community will respect you more and not call you a filthy casual. 
  • Directly supported from Valve, so it has closer "ties" to PC gaming.
  • Takes itself a bit more seriously than Riot does League of Legends. (Is that a pro or con?)

League of Legends:

• Casual. Playing feels less stressful than a match of Dota 2. 
  • The overall experience is light-hearted, with its visual representation, champion quirks, and so on. 
  • A much larger, albeit not as mature community. 

This is what I could think of without injecting bias in to either. I play League of Legends myself, but half of the people I know are Dota players.

So far Dota sounds like the moba equivalent of BO II

flame+war.gif   

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Thread 1 out of 1000. Still dont play either. :) 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

So far Dota sounds like the moba equivalent of BO II

Black ops 2? How so?

Black ops 2? How so?

I think he means in terms of community. Not gameplay. 

I found lol and dota to be both pretty tedious. On the other hand I sort of like heroes of the storm, it's more lighthearted and generally more fun in my opinion.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I found lol and dota to be both pretty tedious. On the other hand I sort of like heroes of the storm, it's more lighthearted and generally more fun in my opinion.

well,because both are variations mod from Warcraft III

That game is hard, and definitely not for everyone

when people play the game, they were expect at least you understand the basic thing like using skills and all the stuff

well,because both are variations mod from Warcraft III

That game is hard, and definitely not for everyone

when people play the game, they were expect at least you understand the basic thing like using skills and all the stuff

I'm a diamond level starcraft 2 player... I'm no Flash, but I think I know what I'm doing ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

and you are right, the game is tedious.

it was never targeted for casual players, because there's no single players campaign.

I'm a diamond level starcraft 2 player... I'm no Flash, but I think I know what I'm doing ^^

In a sense its as competitive in dota. Most SC pros come from SC1, same for Dota. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

CSGO > mobas

But I can't afford CS GO, if I could I'd be playing that instead

But I can't afford CS GO, if I could I'd be playing that instead

Dude, how old are you. The game is fucking dirt cheap. It's a bottle of whiskey or less.

Like somebody mentioned. Dota and lol are shit.

Dude, how old are you. The game is fucking dirt cheap. It's a bottle of whiskey or less.

Like somebody mentioned. Dota and lol are shit.

I'm 13

Play LoL: HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE BRBRBRBRBRBRBRBRBR

Play Dota2: Cyka cyka cyka cyka RURURURURURURURU

I'd recommend not playing either. Play CS:GO.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build