Corsair K70 VS Ducky Shine 4

Bob Jim

Hi,

I am planning to get a mechanical keyboard and have narrowed my chooses down to the K70 and the Ducky Shine 4. Which is best in your opinion? Please say why.

Thnaks

I dislike both, but the Ducky is probably better.

Corsair keyboards have horrible stock keycaps, and the bottom row is non-standard layout so you can't change them.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I would chose the K70 for build quality and RGB lighting but the Ducky shine 4 is good if the K70 is too expensive. If you are talking about pure keyboard typing experience then both will be equal assuming you have the same key switches.

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

I would chose the K70 for build quality and RGB lighting but the Ducky shine 4 is good if the K70 is too expensive. If you are talking about pure keyboard typing experience then both will be equal assuming you have the same key switches.

Not true.

Depends on keycap quality as well.

K70 is also hella expensive for what you get.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Not true.

Depends on keycap quality as well.

K70 is also hella expensive for what you get.

Their keycaps are fine?

I can totally agree they are expensive though. They are worth $100 tops.

Their keycaps are fine?

I can totally agree they are expensive though. They are worth $100 tops.

Nah, they're crappy ABS. Like p bad.

1RD7n.jpg

Why this you ask? You can get it free at your local library or school! :D

Main Rig

Case: NZXT H440 White | CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K @5.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition | RAM: HyperX Fury White & Black Series 16GB (4x4GB) OC to 2133MHz | Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti ArcticStorm | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB & Samsung 840 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA 750W Supernova G2 80+ Gold | Display: BenQ XL2420G & Samsung S20D300 | Headset: Corsair 1500 | Mouse: Logitech G700S | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Silver RED LED

XENON Build:  

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 @3.3GHz | Intel DZ68BC | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x4GB 1866MHz | Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB | MSI GeForce GTX 680 | Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey | Seasonic 520W 80+ Platinum Fanless

Office Build:

Case: Fractal Focus G White | CPU: i5-8600K | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB-2666 | GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6GB GAMING X | SSD: Kingston A400 240GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA BT 450W+ Bronze

Phone

iPhone XS Max 512GB Gold

I bet @STRMfrmXMN has a good say in this. Out of those two I prefer the ducky shine.

Nah, they're crappy ABS. Like p bad.

They seem completely fine to me. Better than anything I've ever used :P

They seem completely fine to me. Better than anything I've ever used :P

You obviously haven't used PBT keycaps then.

I can't wait until I build my own keyboard lol. Then I can actually speak from experience instead of other peoples experience/collected knowledge.

I dislike both, but the Ducky is probably better.

Corsair keyboards have horrible stock keycaps, and the bottom row is non-standard layout so you can't change them.

I own the k70, so I guess it's biased but.. I've used pbt keycaps before, the feel is different but.. To most people plastic is plastic man. The brushed aluminum looks great on the k70, but I can't really say it was worth 150. And I absolutely cannot recommend the new rgb keyboard, the software = shit. (i personally own an older k70)

I've never liked the look of the Corsair mechanical keyboards, and find them somewhat ugly. (Still awesome for you people that have them!)

I prefer the more clean look. And as said, the if you potentially feel like customising the keycaps, the Corsair bottom row is non-standard, which is annoying.

The Ducky Shine 4 is more my style, but I prefer the slimmer bezels of the Ducky Shine 3. 

Both expensive mechanical keyboards :)

Hi,

I am planning to get a mechanical keyboard and have narrowed my chooses down to the K70 and the Ducky Shine 4. Which is best in your opinion? Please say why.

Thnaks

Ducky Shine is made better and doesn't have infamous LED issues. Go Ducky

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Ducky Shine is made better and doesn't have infamous LED issues. Go Ducky

Hey, good news. Get on Google Hangouts when you have a minuet :P

You obviously haven't used PBT keycaps then.

I can't wait until I build my own keyboard lol. Then I can actually speak from experience instead of other peoples experience/collected knowledge.

Wait. So you're steadily saying Corsair's keycaps are bad in comparison to other keycaps but you aren't speaking from experience?

Have you personally used a corsair keyboard at all?

Wait. So you're steadily saying Corsair's keycaps are bad in comparison to other keycaps but you aren't speaking from experience?

Have you personally used a corsair keyboard at all?

I have not, but I've used ABS keycaps as well as PBT. It's world better. ABS keycaps are more or less similar in feeling/quality across the board. It's plastic, not a ton of variation can be made.

A lot of my negative opinions come from being around on Geekhack a bit/being around keyboard enthusiasts. 

Ugh, both keyboards have Cherry stabilizers.  Nothing worse than having mushy stabilized keys.

I own the k70, so I guess it's biased but.. I've used pbt keycaps before, the feel is different but.. To most people plastic is plastic man. The brushed aluminum looks great on the k70, but I can't really say it was worth 150. And I absolutely cannot recommend the new rgb keyboard, the software = shit. (i personally own an older k70)

All plastic is plastic, but some plastic is more plastic than others. :)

PBT > ABS anyday errday.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Hi,

Im kinda in the same boat as the op. Only difference is, is that im looking between the k70,ducky shine 3, das model s

Im reading here that the ducky isnt that great.. What other boards would you guys reccomend then?

My budget for a mech bord will be around 150 euro's wich is the cost for a ducky shine 3 here.

and a k70 is around 140 although im probably not getting that one anymore since its way to much gamer and less typist + no standart bottom row.

I prefer the shine 4 because I bought one (turning up in a month). Its really which one you like the look of more, and if you plan on customizing it. Duckys are easy to customize, but the k70 has a non standard layout on the bottom row which makes it difficult to get new keycaps. Both keyboards have great build quality though, so go for whichever one looks cooler/is cheaper. I live in Australia so they both work out to be like $220 aud or something. 

If you want RGB get the K70. If not get the Ducky.

That's really all there is to it.

Until the Shine 5 launches . . .

Well OP didn't say he's waiting until the 5 launches.

Do you know when the shine 5 is being released?