VideoCardz | Sapphire Radeon 300 series list leaked

zMeul

and whoever thinks that Fury, with HBM, will be cheap ... oh boy, they need a reality check

Who said fury will be cheap?

I guess they have rebrands because they are simply incapable of making completely new dies every year with a good performance gain compared to the old ones, so instead they refresh the old GPU's and have only a couple (or one/two in this case) actually new cards that do have a reasonable performance gain.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

AMD fanboys really hoped AMD 3xx series would not be rebrands/rebadges/wateva' .. they should start cooking that crow any time now, 8 days more until the big reveal

and whoever thinks that Fury, with HBM, will be cheap ... oh boy, they need a reality check

There's something really wrong with you and I'm taking an educated guess here and saying you're probably 12 years old. If you aren't, then the future isn't bright for you.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

let's see, case of R7 370:

• no TrueAudio
  • no FreeSync
  • DirectX 12 features level limited to 11_1

nothing wrong there, right?

---

AMD's goal is to increase their market share, this is exactly how not do it

a R9 290X owner will buy a R9 390X for what reason?

Why would they want a 290X owner to buy a 390X?

AMD fanboys really hoped AMD 3xx series would not be rebrands/rebadges/wateva' .. they should start cooking that crow any time now, 8 days more until the big reveal

What price are you expecting for the cards? You seem to be implying that you even expect the Fiji PRO to cost over $800 and Fiji XT to be $1000.

Why would they want a 290X owner to buy a 390X?

would they buy what?! a Fury? for at least double the cash and half the VRAM?

owners of HD7xxx series, jumped out of their chairs to buy 2xx series? no they didn't

What price are you expecting for the cards?

at least 600$

at least 600$

That's double the price only if you bought it in the last 6 months, in which case you probably weren't going to upgrade so soon either way. You're being extremely silly.

Actually, I don't think that there are even any $300 8GB 290X's in the first place.

That's double the price only if you bought it in the last 6 months, in which case you probably weren't going to upgrade so soon either way. You're being extremely silly.

Actually, I don't think that there are even any $300 8GB 290X's in the first place.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/379672-new-pricing-r9r7-3xx-pricing-possibly-confirmed/

Ya that's the bottom line. AMD doesn't need anything new to easily beat cards like the 750ti on performance. An ancient 7870 midrange from 2012 is enough. They will only develop what they have to. E.g. They had to make a new high end (Fiji) to stay with NVIDIA. When you are trying to achieve profitability you have to spend your resources intelligently.

I dont see why more people dont notice this. Everyone seems to think the Maxwell series is somehow leaps and bounds ahead..aside from power efficacy (which, though good, unless fighting the "good fight" of fanboyism a majority of people completely dont care about). The the 2xx series still keeps up extreeeeeeeeemly well especially when you factor in any kind of price to performance rating. Give them a spit shine and polish em up a bit and they'll be more than enough to compete. The only real area amd is lackin in (in the gpu market) is the extreme high end, which they actively dumped R&D into for the Fiji gpus...it was the smartest thing they could have done with the limited R&D budget they had.

67703.png

Oh wait...300 200 dollars (math is hard) for 6 more fps #stuggleisreal #amdisbasicallydead #rebadgeslol

67717.png

^ you only pay a CHEAP CHEAP $35.09 per extra frame with your 980!

67721.png

And lets not be like "LOL BUT 980 TI DOH!" Right lets compare the 290x to a gpu thats literally double the price #value

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

You were talking about 290X owners. Now you're talking about new buyers. Stop moving goalposts, and your math still sucks. Also, nobody expected $400 Fiji.

what!?

Also, nobody expected $400 Fiji.

really!? so weren't those AMD fans tears when Fiji was initially rumored to be around 800$

they were all over reddit crying that AMD can't do this to them  :lol:

let's see, case of R7 370:

• no TrueAudio
  • no FreeSync
  • DirectX 12 features level limited to 11_1

nothing wrong there, right?

---

AMD's goal is to increase their market share, this is exactly how not do it

a R9 290X owner will buy a R9 390X for what reason?

Well the R9 270 didn't TrueAudio either, and I doubt it makes any difference. If you can afford a FreeSync monitor you shouldn't be getting a low level graphics card. Might be the reason they dropped it to an R7 instead of R9.

Well the 390X has much more memory and could help with 4K. I can't say anything based on performance because the card has yet to be released... For someone with a lot money, they can easily afford a new 390X and 4K monitors to go with it... If you don't have money, you're not going to upgrade and you don't want your recent card to be much worse than the 390X. Not like there was much to make 780 owners go to 980 (other than better Hairworks performance).

There won't be anything truly news breaking in terms of graphics card until we get HBM. Maybe if high spec monitors magically got affordable, then we would probably want to upgrade. I don't expect AMD to crazily bump up their performance when Nvidia can't do crazily either. Only thing that AMD should really look into changing is their CPU line because that is where they truly are lacking behind.

Well the R9 270 didn't TrueAudio either, and I doubt it makes any difference. If you can afford a FreeSync monitor you shouldn't be getting a low level graphics card. Might be the reason they dropped it to an R7 instead of R9.

Well the 390X has much more memory and could help with 4K. I can't say anything based on performance because the card has yet to be released... For someone with a lot money, they can easily afford a new 390X and 4K monitors to go with it... If you don't have money, you don't want to your  not going to upgrade and you don't want your recent card to be much worse than the 390X. Not like there was much to make 780 owners go to 980 (other than better Hairworks performance).

the 280X would've been perfect for mid-range gaming and if FreeSync were actually cheap, as AMD marketed it as

would've been perfect with a FreeSync monitor with a VRR window of 30Hz to 60Hz+

the only card that makes sense in the new 3xx series is the R9 380(X)

Too much fanboyism these days. Wait and see what performance will be like.

I had a 6970 -> gtx770 and now waiting to see the AMD equivalent to the 970.

If these apparent leaks are true, then seriously f**k AMD and I'll get another green team card.

AMD took this long and if its a disappointment then they can consider this war over.

Until LTT and overclockers do reviews I'll just wait patiently.

Usually when new GPU series is announced I'm like a schoolgirl in a Justin bieber concert but for some reason this AMD release is like 'meh'. But anyways, we'll know in approximately a week or so.

Too much fanboyism these days. Wait and see what performance will be like.

I had a 6970 -> gtx770 and now waiting to see the AMD equivalent to the 970.

If these apparent leaks are true, then seriously f**k AMD and I'll get another green team card.

AMD took this long and if its a disappointment then they can consider this war over.

Until LTT and overclockers do reviews I'll just wait patiently.

Usually when new GPU series is announced I'm like a schoolgirl in a Justin bieber concert but for some reason this AMD release is like 'meh'. But anyways, we'll know in approximately a week or so.

An entire new memory interface not exciting?

This is the most exciting thing to happen to GPUs in a long time in my opinion...

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

I'm holding out hope that the 390x is the fully unlocked hawaii core, but I'm starting to doubt that and thinking it's just a higher binned 290x. It'll be a real shame if that's the case, because I like AMD.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I'm holding out hope that the 390x is the fully unlocked hawaii core, but I'm starting to doubt that and thinking it's just a higher binned 290x. It'll be a real shame if that's the case, because I like AMD.

Again, I still dont see the issue with this. Its a re badge yes but even if its performs even slightly better it'll be right up there matching the 980 except $110.00 cheaper (assuming the "rumored price" of 389.00 is correct). People seem to be either overestimating the maxwell cards or underestimating the 2xx series.

An entire new memory interface not exciting?

This is the most exciting thing to happen to GPUs in a long time in my opinion...

Apparently only the fury will have HBM. That is not exciting to the 99% of gamers who are not willing to spend so much money on this.

Most of us buy cards up to about $300 with still a high amount at the $400+ mark but stuff like titans and the upcoming fury will be for enthusiasts. But hey, maybe AMD are playing a deception game and will have HBM on most of the new cards. I certainly hope so. We'll have to wait and see.

the 280X would've been perfect for mid-range gaming and if FreeSync were actually cheap, as AMD marketed it as

would've been perfect with a FreeSync monitor with a VRR window of 30Hz to 60Hz+

the only card that makes sense in the new 3xx series is the R9 380(X)

AMD never really marketed FreeSync as cheap, it was a standard that was implemented and allowed manufacturers to implement it for free. No new technology is going to be cheap, especially when the FreeSync monitors are all going to be high spec'd.

The 380(X) looks good for a mid range card. Though, the push for 8GB VRAM seems more enticing, which is seen in their 390(X). Probably would work exceptionally well when crossfired for high resolutions, though Crossfire/SLI still lacks love from devs. Hopefully DirectX12 improves that. Aside from that, I don't think much people get interested in the lower range cards, but they are still there. Would have to wait for performance benchmarks and official pricing for those mid-low ranges.

Apparently only the fury will have HBM. That is not exciting to the 99% of gamers who are not willing to spend so much money on this.

Most of us buy cards up to about $300 with still a high amount at the $400+ mark but stuff like titans and the upcoming fury will be for enthusiasts. But hey, maybe AMD are playing a deception game and will have HBM on most of the new cards. I certainly hope so. We'll have to wait and see.

Eh, i have no hope of there being HBM on anything lower than the FURY cards but any new technology coming into an enthusiast grade gpu will eventually trickle down and we havent seen anything major like this in years is all i'm saying. 

Again, I still dont see the issue with this. Its a re badge yes but even if its performs even slightly better it'll be right up there matching the 980 except $110.00 cheaper (assuming the "rumored price" of 389.00 is correct). People seem to be either overestimating the maxwell cards or underestimating the 2xx series.

Pretty sure its a bit of both. AMD gets a lot of bad publicity while with Nvidea is basically all "They are great and magnificent and amazing and use less power so we save so much money in electrical bills"

Most people seem to believe the 900 series is waaaaaaay beyond the 200 series while actually they are quite close, with the 200 series indeed using a bit more power and running a bit hotter (Wtf does heat have to do with anything anyways, as long as whatever GPU i have doesnt die because of it, idgaf), but having much more performance per dollar.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

AMD never really marketed FreeSync as cheap, it was a standard that was implemented and allowed manufacturers to implement it for free. No new technology is going to be cheap, especially when the FreeSync monitors are all going to be high spec'd.

The 380(X) looks good for a mid range card. Though, the push for 8GB VRAM seems more enticing, which is seen in their 390(X). Probably would work exceptionally well when crossfired for high resolutions, though Crossfire/SLI still lacks love from devs. Hopefully DirectX12 improves that. Aside from that, I don't think much people get interested in the lower range cards, but they are still there. Would have to wait for performance benchmarks and official pricing for those mid-low ranges.

They marketed it as cheaper than gysync which from what i understand is 100 percent true. The also marketed it as "free" as there is no licencing fee specifically for it. Which again..is also true. Nvidia guys seem reaaaally butthurt about it though. 

The Fury seems more like a test of HBM in my opinion. I don't really like the idea of early adoption but it is there. HBM will be far ways off before it becomes affordable like any other new tech. Maybe they just wanna show off the possible performance benefits of it, so we get more interested later.

Pretty sure its a bit of both. AMD gets a lot of bad publicity while with Nvidea is basically all "They are great and magnificent and amazing and use less power so we save so much money in electrical bills"

Most people seem to believe the 900 series is waaaaaaay beyond the 200 series while actually they are quite close, with the 200 series indeed using a bit more power and running a bit hotter (Wtf does heat have to do with anything anyways, as long as whatever GPU i have doesnt die because of it, idgaf), but having much more performance per dollar.

Yah, its the whole "lets pretend we care about power usage" thing. Which as much as  the 3 or 4 guys on here will argue is all important, a majority of gamers just care about pure raw performance and numbers. 

EDIT: INB4 they were saying it didnt matter when the 480 was idling at 70c lol. God people defended that card like it was thar jobs....my how the the tables have turned.

EDIT 2: "We wanted to let you know that we’ve also heard your concerns about GTX 480 with respect to power and heat," Nvidia state in a blog post. "When you build a high performance GPU like the GTX 480 it will consume a lot of power to enable the performance and features I listed above. It was a tradeoff for us, but we wanted it to be fast. The chip is designed to run at high temperature so there is no effect on quality or longevity. We think the tradeoff is right"

A direct quote from nvidia on the GTX 480. Remember when amd said basically the same thing about the 290x? yah...they got smashed for that comment. Sigh.