R7 370 Pictured. <150 watt tdp confirmed

marldorthegreat

The Radeon R7 370 is based on the Pitcairn core architecture which was renamed to Curacao during the launch of Radeon 200 series. It can be expected that AMD won’t rename the chip again but the card is using the same nomenclature as its predecessor, the Radeon R9 270 series. The only thing that has changed is that AMD has decided to place it in the Radeon R7 series instead of the Radeon R9 series due to the large performance gap and the sub-$149 US pricing this card will feature. Everything above this card will be included in the Radeon R9 series that include the R9 380 series (Tonga) and R9 390 series (Hawaii).

So why do we believe that AMD is using Pitcairn core inside the hood of this card? It’s simple, there’s a single Crossfire connector on the board instead of the recent XDMA technology which eliminates the need of gold fingers and channels data from cards through the PCI-Express bus. All of GCN 1.0 family use a CrossFire port while the Bonaire core is the only one to use such connector but it’s hard to see a Bonaire chip in such a high branding as the 370 when it was previously using the 260 series naming scheme. Since AMD hasn’t designed any new GCN 1.0 or 1.1 chip since Hawaii, it can be concluded that this is actually the Pitcairn based rebrand.

From the looks of the card, it can be seen that it uses a single Crossfire connector which allows 2-Way Multi-GPU functionality, a 6-Pin connector which leads to 150W typical board power (75W 6-Pin and 75W PCI-E). The rest of the PCB is quite compact and the display outputs include Dual-DVI, HDMI and a single display port. The card features a similar design scheme as the high-end Fiji parts and the same shroud surface texture can be seen on the card as well. The two Radeon logos can also be spotted however it is not known whether they too lit up in red when the card is operational. There’s a single blower type fan which sucks air inside the card and pushes hot air out of the exhaust vent at the back of R7 370 card.

AMD-Radeon-R7-370-Performance1-635x358.p

The 6-Pin connector reveals that this card might be based on the Pitcairn XT revision featured on the R9 270 or the Pitcairn Pro revision featured on the R7 265 since the R7 270X demands two 6-Pin connectors and AMD just couldn’t magically cut down power consumption on the full core other than toning down the clock speeds as they did with the R9 270. The specifications may include 1280 stream processors, 80 TMUs, 32 ROPs which is the same as the Pitcairn XT but clock speeds could be toned down around 975 MHz range (Base/Boost). The 2 GB GDDR5 memory will operate along a 256-bit memory bus at 5.6 GHz clock speed, pumping out 179 GB/s bandwidth. It is highly likely that the Pitcairn XT will launch as the Radeon R7 370X graphics card later. In terms of performance, the card is aimed at the GeForce GTX 750 Ti (GM107 Maxwell) so it will be priced in the budget range and deliver 20% better performance as AMD’s own slide claims. There’s more to be revealed over the next couple of days so stay tuned.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r7-370-graphics-card-pictured-features-pitcairn-core-compact-pcb-design-6pin-connector/#ixzz3cT0uunGH

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

First to comment..what to say?

UM, potato! 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Wow, surprisingly that all black cooler looks nice ^_^  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

At least its tdp is much lower this time...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Hardly. It's just a link. This post is much, much better. 

I know, just stating the obvious :P

I saw this on OC3D, everyone says it's confirmed but nothing is confirmed. All we have are 2 pictures. They are basing stuff on connectors? THe same is with the 390X. Also there are rumours that cards are gonna be GCN 1.2 and 1.3 so yeah, nothing concrete. All we know it's should be faster than 750Ti.

Is this confirmed? It isn't, so you might wanna change the topic title.

From the looks of the card, it can be seen that it uses a single Crossfire connector which allows 2-Way Multi-GPU functionality, a 6-Pin connector which leads to 150W typical board power (75W 6-Pin and 75W PCI-E).

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Oh wow it's 20% faster than a year and a half old gpu. :|

And here's me actually try to upgrade mybHD7850, it's like AMD doesn't want me to have a better card xD.

If they compare it to 750ti then price should be the same :?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Soooo it's an R9 270... :D

More like 280 from what I've heard all the 2xx series cards besides the "fury" and 390x are just going down one 10 from where they were. So 270~360, 280~370, and so on.

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

More like 280 from what I've heard all the 2xx series cards besides the "fury" and 390x are just going down one 10 from where they were. So 270~360, 280~370, and so on.

Where did you hear that? Because at that rate the 380 is gonna be 290 and the 390 is gonna be...?

Oh wow it's 20% faster than a year and a half old gpu. :|

Over year old rebranded GPU is faster than over year old GPU.

Dude x70 cards are r9 not r7..

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

285 I believe.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

They are what AMD says they are..

Which they havn't confirmed either way yet so untwist those panties.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

AMD-Radeon-R7-370-Graphics-Card-635x260.

285 I believe.

No way. r9 270 is already 20% faster than 750ti.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1130?vs=1080

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Over year old rebranded GPU is faster than over year old GPU.

Saying the sky is blue isn't any new information. The card was faster to begin with because a 750 Ti isn't exactly powerful.

Please change the font colour for Us dark theme users 

The fact that they're pricing this vs the 750ti makes me hopeful they won't fuck up the pricing too much. The 390x might still be reasonably priced to compete with the 970 and leave fury variants to take on the 980 and 980ti

-------

Current Rig

-------