XFX Radeon R9 390X pics

Bouzoo

It's on their 290X site. Again, this is not the HBM card, this is the 290X rebrand (they have surely changed something).  From what we see it'll have 8GB of GDDR5, 2xDVI, 1xHDMI and 1XDP (and lifetime warranty if bought at best buy :P ).

Read the part below. Based on that people are assuming it's gonna have the same specs. These are not yet official.

XFX has leaked their own Radeon R9 390X Double Dissipation graphics card on their website confirming that the card is based on the existing Hawaii GPU architecture. The pictures of the card were uploaded by XFX on the webpage for their Radeon R9 290X Double Dissipation graphics cards which means XFX was or would be using the same data for their new graphics card but someone made a mess over at the site and now we have an official confirmation.

After you've read that everything until now, proceed.

The XFX Radeon R9 390X Double Dissipation comes with the Grenada (Hawaii) core which packs 2816 stream processors, 176 texture mapping units and 64 ROPs. The card comes with 8 GB of GDDR5 VRAM which is clocked at 6 GHz as opposed to 5 GHz on the Radeon R9 290X. The memory operates along a 512-bit interface and pumps out 384 GB/s bandwidth. There are no clock speeds given except the older specs from Hawaii GPU but it is expected that the card will get a 50 MHz core bump (reference) so this card may be further factory over clocked. From a design perspective, the card features the XFX Double Dissipation cooler with a custom PCB design that has two fans to push air down a central Direct Contact base heatsink system incorporated with several heatpipes. Display outputs include Dual-DVI, HDMI and a Display Port. Card may be provided power by either 8+8 or 8+6 Pin connectors, expect a price range around $449 US when the cards officially hit the market on 16th June.

XFX-Radeon-R9-390X-8-GB-Graphics-Card_1-

Radeon-R9-390_1.jpg

XFX-Radeon-R9-390X-8-GB-Graphics-Card_2-

XFX-Radeon-R9-390X-8-GB-Graphics-Card_4-

Source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

This is the 290x?!

Looks pretty

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

Seems good for about $450

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

THATS SO PRETTY

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ugly.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Seems good for $450

from OP

"range around $449 US"

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It's pretteh. However, If it is an R9 290X rebrand so basically smaller die, more efficient, similar performance to the R9 290X?
Wouldn't have it been better if AMD had made something completely new in the same TDP of the R9 390X? Though I did notice some differences that you and XFX listed. Primarily 4GB... I think that XFX might have been teasing their first 390X card or perhaps AMD isn't going to do what we thought/hope.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

It's officially on their site. It's and X model with 8GB of GDDR5. It will have 1GHz base clockwith 5GHz memory clock, 512 bit memory and 2816 stream processors. Again, this is not the HBM card, this is the 290X rebrand (I'm sure they changed at least something). Even the URL sas R9 290X.  :unsure:

People wanted official specs? Here you have them. It's... nothing spectacular. People are expecting it to have a $449 price tag but I'm not so sure.

Source

Official site

It says it 4GB on XFX's site?  :blink:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

from OP

"range around $449 US"

I am part of the literate population too :). jk but I just meant around that price range

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

@Bouzoo Your link from XFX is about the 290X, not the 390X.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I am part of the literate population too :). jk but I just meant around that price range

Wait it ssaid 850$ in your post before....

Wait the OP link is to a r9 290x....

I'm underwhelmed .

Pretty ugly too .

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Wait, it's just a rebrand of the 290X for 450 bucks? I'm on newegg right now and I see 290Xs for 400 (full price), but almost all of them are on sale for under 400.

Why couldn't AMD create a new card instead of constantly rebranding the 7000 series cards?

OH WAIT A MINUTE, AMD SPLURGES ON ADVERTISING INSTEAD R & D LIKE BEATS! SILLY ME, I FORGOT!

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Wait it ssaid 850$ in your post before....

huh

I will continue to sit here with my fingers in my ears ignoring all of these rumors, because I simply can't bring myself to accept AMD would do a 1:1 rebrand of a last gen GPU and use it in the same tier. If it was a 290x rebranded as a 380x, that would be understandable. I could even understand if there was some sort of revision or if there was a price cut or something, but this is just asinine. If these are the final specs and the final price, AMD will be lucky to sell a single one.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

It says it 4GB on XFX's site?  :blink:

They copied the specs from R9 290X 4GB

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I'm done with rumors with this card. It's getting to be really stupid.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

They copied the specs from R9 290X 4GB

fail. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I will continue to sit here with my fingers in my ears ignoring all of these rumors, because I simply can't bring myself to accept AMD would do a 1:1 rebrand of a last gen GPU and use it in the same tier. If it was a 290x rebranded as a 380x, that would be understandable. I could even understand if there was some sort of revision or if there was a price cut or something, but this is just asinine. If these are the final specs and the final price, AMD will be lucky to sell a single one.

Watching your Avatar gif, I imagine that's AMD running for its life, If re brand rumors turn out to be true. +.+

Born to game, forced to work.  -_-

having the memory clock bump to 6ghz is nice, but It better actually be Vram rated for 6ghz, and not just the same 5Ghz Vram being overclocked. I run my 290 ram at 6.2Ghz stable with ease by bumping up the voltage (note: memory voltage on hawaii is tied together with core voltage), so if this is better binned Vram rated for 6ghz, a 7ghz Vram overclock on a 390x would see really nice fps gains, especially with that 512bit bus. will it catch up to a 980? maybe at 4K. Definitely not something I would buy though, Hawaii is getting old and runs hot (and loud with air cooling).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

wow 390x is a rebrand from 2013 and the new fury gpu is watercooled. even the biggest fanboys will switch to nvidia after this.