Fallout 3, today?

Altaren

How would a heavily modded Fallout 3 compare to recently released titles? Ive played the game when it came out and ive enjoyed the main story but i havent played the DLCs yet. What are your guys opinion on them?

Also is it possible to ignore it like in Skyrim or will my vault run out of water or something if i dont do the main quest?

Playable as fuck. Fallout 3 is a sweet game though I've yet to mod mine apart from the crash fix I've had to apply.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

It would be a very pleasant experience. Depends on the mods but with a sound overhaul, water and flora + Weather envents if youd like it will be a very good game to enjoy.

Groomlake Authority

-snip-

heavily modded it looks pretty awesome, tough naturally it doesn't stack up to the newest games realeased today.

the DLC's are amazing tough, my favorites are Mothership Zeta and The Pitt. (The Pitt is amazing!)

definitely worth playing through it again! and yeah, you can just ignore the quests if you dont want to do it. no drawbacks really

The DLCs vary between each, with some being better for story and others great for loot.

And you can ignore any quest for as long as you like, nothing bad will happen

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Thanks guys. Has anyone had issues on win 8.1? Read there is some patching needed and whatnot. I dont want to find instability even before i start modding... 

It's been so long since I play Fallout 3.

Every time I've tried it, the game crashes pretty much on launch, not sure why, but I played it to death on console, and I've just not been motivated to really figure out what is causing the crash.

If I was inclined, I would definitely mod it though.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Fallout 3 is my favorite game. You think you've seen and found everything then you find something else.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Thanks guys. Has anyone had issues on win 8.1? Read there is some patching needed and whatnot. I dont want to find instability even before i start modding... 

i've been playing it for ages on my laptop with win 8.1.

tons of mods, never any instability isseus!

BRB gonna take a screenshot of Fallout 3 vanilla no mods.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

If anyone knows of a good mod that improves the way the game looks would you be able to direct me :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Even vanilla... this shit is still amazing, i mean the atmosphere alone trumps the graphics!

9HJZUh.jpg

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

It's been so long since I play Fallout 3.

Every time I've tried it, the game crashes pretty much on launch, not sure why, but I played it to death on console, and I've just not been motivated to really figure out what is causing the crash.

If I was inclined, I would definitely mod it though.

You could have a go at opening the Fallout.ini file in My Documents\My Games\Fallout3 then follow this ---> http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1328904.html

See if that helps. That is what I used and so far I haven't crashed yet.

You could have a go at opening the Fallout.ini file in My Documents\My Games\Fallout3 then follow this ---> http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1328904.html

See if that helps. That is what I used and so far I haven't crashed yet.

I'll check it out when I get the time. Overloaded with schoolwork at the moment.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

i don't know whether to put money on my steam account so i can open some cases i have in CS GO, or buy Fallout 3 and mod the hell out of it??? given the fact i put roughly 150 hours into the console version with all the DLC.

Looking for a job

i don't know whether to put money on my steam account so i can open some cases i have in CS GO, or buy Fallout 3 and mod the hell out of it??? given the fact i put roughly 150 hours into the console version with all the DLC.

mod it. Player homes and old school flapper music will always have a place in my heart.