980 Ti HOF and HOF EX WC

cesrai

GALAX-GeForce-GTX-980-Ti-HOF-EX-WC_3.jpg

GALAX showed off their GeForce GTX 980 Ti HOF EX WC and GTX 980 Ti HOF graphics cards at Computex 2015. Both cards are based on custom designs, featuring water and air cooling solutions along with high performance PCB layouts for demanding overclockers and enthusiasts. Both cards are far superior to the reference cards and will be priced superior too, compared to the reference price range of $649 US.

Now the 980Ti HOF is air-cooled and it's white and silver not blue and white, and the 980Ti EX WC is water-cooled.

I think Galax HOF cards have a great design ( white almost everything ) and is a good OCing card from what I've seen, and the water-cooled card is a great edition for water-cooling enthusiasts that want a white card.

[source=http://wccftech.com/galax-unveils-geforce-gtx-980-ti-hof-wc-gtx-980-ti-hof-cards-white-colored-highly-modified-pcbs/]

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I think that 12phase power design on the watercooled is kinda op but I don't really think people which are on a low budget gonna buy this limited card ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I think that 12phase power design on the watercooled is kinda op but I don't really think people which are on a low budget gonna buy this limited card ^^

I don't think anyone on a low budget will buy a 980Ti.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I mean even if your budget is enough to buy a "normal" 980ti this is way more expensive

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I mean even if your budget is enough to buy a "normal" 980ti this is way more expensive

We shall wait and see.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

So it doesn't yellow...right? Not that any enthusiast would keep a GPU for that long or anything, but still. 

So it doesn't yellow...right? Not that any enthusiast would keep a GPU for that long or anything, but still.

Haven't seen any reports of the 980 going yellow but it hasn't been that long either.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Yeah sure a shitpost that's locked makes mine a repost, #legit #retoast #sense #logic

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

People will buy them just cause they are white so yea....

I know someone that got two of the 970 hofs cause they are white and high end x99 system and all he plays is osu and mobas -____________________-

People will buy them just cause they are white so yea....

I know someone that got two of the 970 hofs cause they are white and high end x99 system and all he plays is osu and mobas -____________________-

Athletics matter a lot to some people.

His system must be beautiful, and it should last for long time.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Athletics matter a lot to some people.

His system must be beautiful, and it should last for long time.

guess the resolution of the monitor and you'll cringe

guess the resolution of the monitor and you'll cringe

1360 * 768 ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Yeah sure a shitpost that's locked makes mine a repost, #legit #retoast #sense #logic

Yes, they posted it before you. You should have checked that there was not a similar topic. this is in the rules for this section.http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-read-before-posting-in-this-section/

Hello This is my "signature". DO YOU LIKE BORIS????? http://strawpoll.me/4669614

Haven't seen any reports of the 980 going yellow but it hasn't been that long either.

I believe 980 HOF used EK's clear acrylic. I'm not familiar with Bitspower GPU blocks, or whether or not white acrylic stains easy.  

Yes, they posted it before you. You should have checked that there was not a similar topic. this is in the rules for this section.http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11724-read-before-posting-in-this-section/

Have fun with your ignorance, if this is a repost it will be locked.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

close but lower

1280 * 720 ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

1280 * 720 ?

close but still nope

close but still nope

Then the fuck is it ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Then the fuck is it ?

close but still nope

1024 x 600?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

close but lower

1280x1024!

He could be a CRTryhard

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

1024 x 600?

you_got_it.jpg

1280x1024!

He could be a CRTryhard

he is lol 

-snip-

Sigh... Just 1 970 could drive that at 240 fps without breaking a sweat if it had a connector good enough to handle it. That said, the way CRT's refresh, that may not even work. I made Atari 2600 games once, and I remember why that book is called "racing the beam." You literally had to do the math to change your colors and positions of sprites and field elements with enough clocks to spare before the electron beam makes it to your pixel. In a way it was so much fun constructing intricate loops and jumping patterns and using both the extra vertical and horizontal sync times, but damn was it hard! My final project was a 2-person fencing game. It was a 3-week class over our winter term, more than 14 hours a day just fiddling in assembly and pushing our creativity to its limits...

The CRT warriors need to lay down and let the era go. It's time to move on.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

• 1 month later...

So this vs zotac amp extreme 980 ti, which wud u go for?