Intel's new 65-Core Smartphone

Waterblocks are easily got. 

Cut the I/O down and lob off the lone DVI port. 

Octo SLi Titan Z. May the end card RIP with the ungodly high water temperature. 

Actually I just realized you could only get away with 3 anyway, because you need x16 lanes per card, which takes up all 40+8 on the X99 platform.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Actually I just realized you could only get away with 3 anyway, because you need x16 lanes per card, which takes up all 40+8 on the X99 platform.

They can run off a 8x slot just fine. The built in PLX chip takes care of the GPUs. 

So 5 or 6 at best. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

They can run off a 8x slot just fine. The built in PLX chip takes care of the GPUs. 

So 5 or 6 at best. 

8x only works if you have a single GPU. SLI requires each single GPU has at least 8 lanes.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Zen Phone 2 and Iphone 6 have the same battery life, so I'm not sure what you're getting at...

It does not, not even close.

74355.png

Haha, Intel firing shots from across the map, 360 no scope, through walls, collateral.  

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Real world experience begs to experience with a canned benchmark Apple devoted part of its SOC to skew results.

74355.png

Not really, as Apple had to move to 3 cores to beat Nvidia's Denver Tegra in benchmarks (not that Denver was going to make it into phones without a super low power 14nm process).

The Nexus 9 and Air 2 are effectively tied in single thread, but Apple still holds a big lead in IPC (2.5ghz vs 1.5ghz). But the Air 2 wins in multithreaded.

Straight from Geekbench's Browser:

d12bff80a6.png

450e83d401.png

f44ae6d3a6.png

85f070af42.png

Real world experience begs to experience with a canned benchmark Apple devoted part of its SOC to skew results.

Web browsing tests are as real world as they can get (for me) because I spend the majority of the time on my phone in Safari. One thing Anandtech can change is to use automatic brightness, because let's face it, everyone uses that. But I understand where they're coming from and the need to limit the variables to show just SOC, modem, and screen power consumption. 

Haha, Intel firing shots from across the map, 360 no scope, through walls, collateral.  

2 kills 1 bullet.

What are the capacities for both handsets? Surely the zen phone has a larger battery.

Battery capacity has pretty much nothing to do with everyday battery life besides how long you can make calls for and how long you can keep hotspot running. Everything else is greatly influenced by screen power consumption, cpu/gpu power consumption, and the modems. 

8x only works if you have a single GPU. SLI requires each single GPU has at least 8 lanes.

The PLX chip splits the lanes between both GPUs. Both GPUs are receiving 16 lanes from it. The rest are for communication between the PLX chip and the CPU through the PCI-E slot. 

The Titan Z in the 4x slot will function just fine. They only limitation as far as i can see is that the bandwidth between the CPU and PLX chip is being limited because they have to communicate on a 4x slot on the CPU side of things. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The Nexus 9 and Air 2 are effectively tied in single thread, but Apple still holds a big lead in IPC (2.5ghz vs 1.5ghz). But the Air 2 wins in multithreaded.

Straight from Geekbench's Browser:

Did you just tie IPC to clock speed? In raw performance, Apple has a lead, 3 cores to 2. In terms of IPC, Apple may win, but in SCALING, Tegra K1 wins quite easily. Apple loses 50% of the gains off the 3rd core (1800 x 3 should be 5400).

The PLX chip splits the lanes between both GPUs. Both GPUs are receiving 16 lanes from it. The rest are for communication between the PLX chip and the CPU through the PCI-E slot. 

The Titan Z in the 4x slot will function just fine. They only limitation as far as i can see is that the bandwidth between the CPU and PLX chip is being limited because they have to communicate on a 4x slot on the CPU side of things. 

And you'd handicap even the graphics performance at that point.

Now that's how to play the core count game lol.

If you regard my facts as wrong, feel free to rectify it.

——————————————————————————

If you regard my opinions as wrong, feel free to ignore it.

Did you just tie IPC to clock speed? In raw performance, Apple has a lead, 3 cores to 2. In terms of IPC, Apple may win, but in SCALING, Tegra K1 wins quite easily. Apple loses 50% of the gains off the 3rd core (1800 x 3 should be 5400).

I guess I wasn't very clear. K1 has about 66% higher clock speed as the A8x but has roughly the same performance, which means A8 and A8x has a massive IPC advantage over K1. Now, whether the scaling you're talking about is a result of geekbench or thermal throttling, is a different question. In Anandtech's test, A8x doesn't throttle until hours later of running the same benchmark over and over, so it might be a result of Geekbench, at the time, wasn't properly optimized for a triple core. 

As one can see, the iPad Air 2 is one of the best performers on this test, considering its frame rate and runtime. While NVIDIA's GK20A GPU in Tegra K1 can get close to the GX6650 for short periods of time, over a long workload it's pretty clear that the GX6650 on 20nm has better sustained performance and significantly superior efficiency as it doesn't throttle until the 200th iteration of the test. It's important to note that the iPad Air 2 is running at a higher native resolution here, so relative to SHIELD Tablet a scaling factor needs to be estimated in order to get an idea for performance at the same resolution. During this test I saw that the skin temperatures never exceeded 45C, so this isn't the result of Apple choosing to run the device hotter than most.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8666/the-apple-ipad-air-2-review/5

Edit:

About scaling- 3200 is about 84% of 3800. And 4500 is 83% of 5400. The scale roughly the same. 

RIP AMD,Radom Thug Came A Rekted Them JK

aww... why'd the thread get moved? :(

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5