Americans are soo lucky

sebbiehe

America has pretty low taxes for the most part though. Here in germany we have to pay 19% VAT whereas the average sales tax in the US is somewhere around 10% I think.

Remember also that our social services (healthcare, education, etc) are terribly underfunded to have those lower taxes (never mind that even if they were properly funded, the level of incompetence would be as insane as it is now)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Move to America.

Solved.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well, America is lucky not Americans.

Now I'm in a worse spot, do you think the 980ti is even available in my country right now?

show me where the 980Ti IS available. saudi arabia isnt waiting. its not out yet.

"Try not to think of the price of the part you are cutting in half" 

;)

"If measuring twice doesn't fix it, GLUE will!"

As a Mexican, I can relate to this. Here the Titan X costs $20000 MXN (1320 USD) with taxes included when it should cost $18000 MXN (1160 USD).

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

show me where the 980Ti IS available. saudi arabia isnt waiting. its not out yet.

Sorry for being mistaken.

I found out about this earlier today.

Sorry for being mistaken.

I found out about this earlier today.

it happens. i too was apparently wrong as pny DOES have  980TI available, but lol im sure we were both referring to EVGA//ASUS =]

"Try not to think of the price of the part you are cutting in half" 

;)

"If measuring twice doesn't fix it, GLUE will!"

it happens. i too was apparently wrong as pny DOES have  980TI available, but lol im sure we were both referring to EVGA//ASUS =]

Yeah, we all are about Asus, EVGA, MSI and Gigabyte.

Crazy to think that we're so "lucky," yet out national debt is $18,156,126,461,893. (As of this post.) We, as individuals may have it better in some cases, but not in all, nor the grand scheme of it all, regarding our country. 

23% VAT in greece says Hi. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

holy hell!!!  here in state of Virginia is 5%

Sweden says hi with 25%.

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

Yeah. But we can't have the R33 or R34 GTR. Yet. Be happy those are legal there. Lucky punk

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Also some prices in Sweden:

Titan X = 1200US$

980Ti = 875US$

Yeah. But we can't have the R33 or R34 GTR. Yet. Be happy those are legal there. Lucky punk

I use a CB1000RA Trico.

It's because if they walk out in the middle of the road and get hit by a truck, they have to pay $999999999999 in hospital fees.

Why are PC parts so expensive in the UK? The price of a 980ti in America is the same as a normal 980 here. A Titan X in the US is $1000, well here it is £1000 ($1537) :( I cry

980 ti in UAE will be at least $ 870 USD and guess what, we dont have taxes at all, at least you get health care and other good stuff from paying your taxes, here you pay extra and you dont get anything in return.

I use a CB1000RA Trico.

I love that bike quite a bit. But the R34 GTR was sucha sexy car. Nissan did such a good job designing it

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

In the UK we have 20% Vat + ~17% income tax + 13% National Insurance Contributions. So that's 50% of your income gone before you factor in all the other ways the government take money off you. Such as fuel tax, tv-license, poll tax, car tax etc. We lose around 70-80% of our total income in taxes.

NZ has the same problem. $2000nzd - $1424.98USD for a titan x here.

Tell us we're lucky when Hillary Clinton is calling the shots in our country. Haha.

But yeah, we get the bigger end of the stick when it comes to PC part prices.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

We're lucky in the short run but come the long run we're screwed. I imagine our $16 trillion dollar debt wouldn't be so high if we taxed on par with the rest of the world.

I feel for you all though. I couldn't imagine having to pay the prices you all do.

If it makes you feel any better... Just remember we're hated by pretty much everyone! lol.

Even if we are lucky for having cheaper components... Texas is like a pool right now, and we still have to deal with Detroit.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)