Americans are soo lucky

sebbiehe

VAT?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Taxes! and ours are equally expensive when we actually pay the taxes. Remember that our prices don't include the taxes like everyone else in the world does.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Why are PC parts so expensive in the UK? The price of a 980ti in America is the same as a normal 980 here. A Titan X in the US is $1000, well here it is £1000 ($1537) :( I cry

One second I am going to edit this but you are going to have your mind blown

UK Build that I made for someone the other day: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/xX3pLk

US Same build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xX3pLk

You guys pay for different things that we don't and vice versa. Your money is worth more than US dollars.

As a Canadian, I can sympathize.  We don't have it that well made either.  We have to deal with taxes (usually provincial and federal) on top of the weakening Canadian dollar conversion.  And we're just north of the border!

So yes, 'Murica... you guys are lucky.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Well, America is lucky not Americans.

Now I'm in a worse spot, do you think the 980ti is even available in my country right now?

its not available anywhere right now 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

VAT and other taxes... on the plus side we don't pay (directly) for healthcare, our education system is arguably more successful and a lot more people have a decent living standard due to a sensible minimum wage. Plus our welfare system is a bit better than $29 a week for food.

Got to look beyond the bomb cost.

Taxes! and ours are equally expensive when we actually pay the taxes. Remember that our prices don't include the taxes like everyone else in the world does.

America has pretty low taxes for the most part though. Here in germany we have to pay 19% VAT whereas the average sales tax in the US is somewhere around 10% I think.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

U.S. prices don't include taxes. That adds 6 - 8% usually Sometimes you don't have to pay sales tax on things bought online, but it really depends on where the facility is located.

I don't do signatures.

VAT and other taxes... on the plus side we don't pay (directly) for healthcare, our education system is arguably more successful and a lot more people have a decent living standard due to a sensible minimum wage.

Got to look beyond the bomb cost.

Yeah, the minimum wage here in the part of California where I live is terrible. It's like 8 bucks an hour. San Francisco, however, it's like 13 bucks but living there is super expensive.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

America has pretty low taxes for the most part though. Here in germany we have to pay 19% VAT whereas the average sales tax in the US is somewhere around 10% I think.

Around 7-8% is what it is in most places. Here in Kansas it's 8%or something.

I don't do signatures.

Around 7-8% is what it is in most places. Here in Kansas it's 8%or something.

Lucky. Here in the UK it's 20%.

As said, most of the difference is VAT.

But look at it this way,... usually there are little to no trouble supply of new cards in the UK.. always hearing of low availability in US but the likes of OCUK and Scan always have stock. (or nearly always)

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Yeah, the minimum wage here in the part of California where I live is terrible. It's like 8 bucks an hour. San Francisco, however, it's like 13 bucks but living there is super expensive.

Dude where I live it is around $7.50 so $8 isn't that bad, only $.50 more an hour still makes a difference.

Dang. Sorry man.

I don't do signatures.

21% in Ireland. :S.. also have to consider the import duty the businesses have to pay

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

21% IVA in spain :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

23% VAT in greece says Hi. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sales tax isn't included in retail price here, so add 7%~ to everything. 

VAT and sales tax premiums are a popular way of implimenting a progressive tax system. 

Import taxes also try to encourage spending on domestic companies.  Which is pretty stupid when there's no domestic alternative.  For the UK what's it supposed to do, "Oh, I can't afford the taxed to hell 980ti and no GPUs are made in the UK.  Guess I'll go buy some british manufactured tea?" 

Most social-democratic European countries make heavy use of these. 

ahahahahahahahaha, My native country doesn't even have any of this shit, we have to either order from China or India, or bigger companies will import and put what ever price tag they want