Teacher jams students

http://www.cultofmac.com/324794/cell-jamming-gives-science-teacher-an-important-legal-lesson/

About this, I understand the law, but i believe the teacher is right. Back in 09 when i left high school, students were already to focused on the phone. Now i believe it to be far worse since better phones are more available.

p.s. LOL at Verizon having a cell tower on a school.

At my school I last attended we were allowed to use our phones in class when the teacher isn't talking, and allowed to use them in the halls, just not when the teacher was teaching

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Can't use a jammer, kinda sucks you can't. Really should get your head out of your phone....posted from phone...

im not sure about the US but in panama the teachers always say "next time ill take it away" but they never do it, so atleast there its the teachers problem.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Lol,our school has a jammer that only lets us use their wifi which is actually pretty good. They've got like 20 modems, Kindda like the one Linus used in his DIY home wifi project with the cement house. 20up 5 down xD but we only have access in the lunch room and gym and certain devices like the Google ?Nexus they let students use can be anywhere. It's quite cool

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

lol our college is on teh summit of a hill so no one gets signal anyways, clever thinking i guess even though the site is a few hundred years old.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

im not sure about the US but in panama the teachers always say "next time ill take it away" but they never do it, so atleast there its the teachers problem.

i have seen plenty of phones taken away. In college some teachers will answer your phone, talk to your friends, its really funny, others will kick you out, take your crap.

Jammers are illegal in the US for civilian use.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

My daughter had one teacher in highschool who made students put their phones in a box and then get them after class was done.  As for this teacher in the article using something to jam the signals that seems extreme and I guess it was illegal but it says quite a bit about the frustration teachers and other people dealing with today's youth are having because of these products.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Yeah, I got affected by this when i was visiting my cousin...

Welcome to Florida, home of the Floridiots.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

The US teachers don't even do that anymore.

They just say "Put it away"

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

i have seen plenty of phones taken away. In college some teachers will answer your phone, talk to your friends, its really funny, others will kick you out, take your crap.

i love it when they confiscate them, always makes me happy :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

The rules most schools have about phones are bs. They shoukd not ve allow at all in school. Heck i would even say that about college. All phone do in the hands of children is distract, and sure therr are good students that will not be distracted but they are not the majority or the most disruptive

Good for him for being tired of putting up with it. As someone who doesn't even have a phone, I don't have a desire to stare at one through the period at which I am supposed to be learning. 

Yeah, not a smart thing to do to handle your class.

If a kid doesn't want to learn, let them. It shouldn't be your responsibility. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

The US teachers don't even do that anymore.

They just say "Put it away"

That's because they can't take them away and it's more distracting to deal with a student who is arguing about relinquishing their phone.

I never had a phone until after I graduated high school.  In college though the amount of people dicking around on their phones/tablets/laptops was ridiculous.   Also my teachers used to joke that instead of taking in logbooks at the end of the year they should just take in cell phones because there was more data (in picture form) than recorded in the books.

hmm glad i finished school befor cell phones made it big and actualy learned stuff nwo these kids are going through school and learning nothing and coming into the world doing poorly at their jobs and make us hard workers like me suffer becuase of it... i think that all schools should have cell jamming devices and just have land lines for emergency purposes... otherwise we are just breeding a new generation of idiots and aint nobody want that.

Kids never paid attention in class.  Nothing has changed.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

hmm glad i finished school befor cell phones made it big and actualy learned stuff nwo these kids are going through school and learning nothing and coming into the world doing poorly at their jobs and make us hard workers like me suffer becuase of it... i think that all schools should have cell jamming devices and just have land lines for emergency purposes... otherwise we are just breeding a new generation of idiots and aint nobody want that.

That's because they can't take them away and it's more distracting to deal with a student who is arguing about relinquishing their phone.

I never had a phone until after I graduated high school.  In college though the amount of people dicking around on their phones/tablets/laptops was ridiculous.   

You're allowed to take phones. You just have to give them back at the end of the day, usually. It's the end of the next school day at might high school

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

In my high school the teacher was allowed yo jack your phone for 24 hours if you were caught using it and some schools made it so only a parent or guardian can re-acquire it.

In my university most modern buildings have a jammer for non-emergency calls during primary class hours but most students get around it with a messaging app.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I also tend to forget how much phones are off contract, could of just got your 800 usd phone taken up. Teacher's should be able to hit kids... Just saying.

Has anyone ever built a jammer before? I'm looking into making one. I know they're illegal, but... Any real consequences?

Jammers are illegal in the US for civilian use.

Really? Makes sense though.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

at first when i read the title i thought a teacher crashed a party and was jamming out with the students 

at first when i read the title i thought a teacher crashed a party and was jamming out with the students 

If they take your stuff, that's thievery. Doesn't matter if the student is being disruptive or not.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch