$2.50 Batteriser sleeve can extend disposable battery life by 8 times

Aniallation
1 minute ago, Delicieuxz said:

You appear to think that I'm trying to defeat you in some battle over something specific that

You appear to be having some kind of a stroke. o.o;;;;

On 03/06/2015 at 5:25 AM, Aniallation said:

Source: http://bgr.com/2015/06/02/batteriser-battery-life-extension-device/

batterizer_primary-100588462-large.jpg batteriser_bt_keyboard-100588209-large.j

People still use disposable batteries? Everything I've been using recently is rechargeable or wired, I haven't bought disposable batteries in quite a long time. I'm not sure if I believe everything they're saying is accurate though. Why would 1.3V coming from a disposable battery be considered "dead", when a fully charged rechargable variant of the same AA/AAA/C/D battery only puts out 1.2V when fully charged, yet works fine? And why weren't these joule thief sleeves invented sooner when disposable batteries were much more of a thing?

People can't cheat their way out of physical laws or redox chemistry.

To put it simply - this device or how it works is supposed to simply extract more energy from the battery. However, voltage isn't a specification of the ANSI standard. Only dimensions are.

Voltage is nominally 1.5 v however, different devices will have different voltage requirements. Ultimately the energy within the battery is limited based upon reactants (redox reagents).

Part of the design of this device and how it may be 'working' is in reducing the working load in specific devices from 1.5 v to 1.2 v. Since the capacity of the battery is a function of its load.

Cut off values of the device  in terms of workable voltage are device specific ultimately. But the fact remains.

The battery capacity is not being changed or the energy it contains. This 'Batteriser' may be simply fooling some devices to work at a lower voltage and therefore lower load and therefore reducing the load on the battery giving a marginal gain.

Ultimately they should have done a wide range of truly independent tests - via several laboratories.

They didn't do this and therefore it was easy for people to call 'snake oil' on this. Because the principle behind it wasn't explained to the potential customers.

Nor the scientific basis for it.

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

ill just leave this here

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

6 minutes ago, mark_cameron said:

People can't cheat their way out of physical laws or redox chemistry.

Unfortunately marketers can, and do, all the time.

14 minutes ago, bob345 said:

ill just leave this here

That video is nonsensical, because a higher voltage will naturally discharge a battery faster. The device used, the "batterizer" or whatever, slightly increases voltage, allowing for a higher flow of current, allowing for an otherwise-dead battery to possibly deliver a functionable level of current for a bit longer in a device. Applying it to a battery before the battery has reached the point that its not able to deliver sufficient current to power a device will only cause the battery to discharge faster.

Unless the manufacturer advertises it to be used with a still-good battery, rather than only with already-not-working batteries, that video is an artificial premise, and a fallacious argument.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

Unfortunately marketers can, and do, all the time.

Marketers can also be sued for false advertising and can, and do get sued all the time.

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

1 minute ago, mark_cameron said:

Marketers can also be sued for false advertising and can, and do get sued all the time.

But not for enough to make the practice not worth doing.  (Looks at ISPs and VOIP providers)

Just now, MoonSpot said:

But not for enough to make the practice not worth doing.  (Looks at ISPs and VOIP providers)

Well they are less regulated due to 'specific regulations' governing them.

From experience, consumer protection law is on the otherhand much stronger in relation to suing for product liability than it is for service sectors.

6 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

That video is nonsensical, because a higher voltage will naturally discharge a battery faster. The device used, the "batterizer" or whatever, slightly increases voltage, allowing for a higher flow of current, allowing for an otherwise-dead battery to possibly deliver a functionable level of current for a bit longer in a device. Applying it to a battery before the battery has reached the point that its not able to deliver sufficient current to power a device will only cause it to discharge faster.

Unless the manufacturer advertises it to be used with a still-good battery, rather than only with already-not-working batteries, then the video is an artificial premise, and a fallacious argument.

They've basically now started going into the 'differences of different devices' ... and loads etc.

This thing was never going to work in all devices the same way. Since some are intimitent low load and some are continuous high load.

Basically, it seems that the whole thing is being messed up by poor explaination by Batteroo.

9 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

That video is nonsensical, because a higher voltage will naturally discharge a battery faster. The device used, the "batterizer" or whatever, slightly increases voltage, allowing for a higher flow of current, allowing for an otherwise-dead battery to possibly deliver a functionable level of current for a bit longer in a device. Applying it to a battery before the battery has reached the point that its not able to deliver sufficient current to power a device will only cause it to discharge faster.

Unless the manufacturer advertises it to be used with a still-good battery, rather than only with already-not-working batteries, then the video is an artificial premise, and a fallacious argument.

Yes, I agree.

Poor.

27 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

That video is nonsensical, because a higher voltage will naturally discharge a battery faster. The device used, the "batterizer" or whatever, slightly increases voltage, allowing for a higher flow of current, allowing for an otherwise-dead battery to possibly deliver a functionable level of current for a bit longer in a device. Applying it to a battery before the battery has reached the point that its not able to deliver sufficient current to power a device will only cause the battery to discharge faster.

Unless the manufacturer advertises it to be used with a still-good battery, rather than only with already-not-working batteries, that video is an artificial premise, and a fallacious argument.

The YouTube video you are saying is 'non-nonsensical' because you say that it's ridiculous to use this device on a fresh battery actually shows the exact screen shot from Bateriser/Bateroo's FAQ.  Please refrain from criticizing videos that you didn't actually watch.

batteroo.jpg