Steam Refunds

Bleedman0xx

Good.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I did this a long time ago and they gave my refund for some Tom Clancy game.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I doubt it will be real easy though.

no. it's easy

This + Summer Sale = Steam Support getting completely raped

It'll likely be refunded for the price you bought it for.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

*Looks at 200+ games in library*

Well, it's too late for me

Current System Setup | Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D | CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @4.0GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Hydro Series | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB (2x4GB) | Graphics Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X | SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250GB | HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair HX750W 80+ Gold | Display: Dell UltraSharp 24" U2414H | Headset: Tritton Kunai | Mouse: EtekCity Scroll X1 | Keyboard: Microsoft SideWinder X4 RED LED

Awesome, glad to see Steam finally start to up their game in costumer service.   Now only if they'd let me change my Steam account name, I made it when i was 13 and its really bad :P

Too bad we can't refund broken games that we bought before this system they needed to introduce years ago.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Awesome, glad to see Steam finally start to up their game in costumer service.   Now only if they'd let me change my Steam account name, I made it when i was 13 and its really bad :P

You can change your Steam name. The only person who will see your old name is you when you log in.

can no longer find a fault with valve...sigh, I need something new to hate.

customer support?

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

For all the love valve gets, how is it that they have gotten away with this for so long? I mean most countries have laws in regard to refunds and such, it really boggles my mind.

Didn't this happen like a year or 2 ago?

Edit: nvm that was Origin lol not surprising.

Hmm......why they didn't do this when i bought Gmod, wasted a few bucks of my life. Only played like 20 minutes of it and got bored. 

eu has also been doing the same thing

joint effort

-snip

but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look.

-snip-

I have hundred unplayed games that I bought a few years ago, should I try? :D

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

I have hundred unplayed games that I bought a few years ago, should I try? :D

You can't there's a hard limit of ~6 months

This is very good. And about time. I am normally careful about which games I buy reading a lot of user-reviews etc and that has worked well for me up to now. But this system will allow me to maybe make a few more 'risky purchases'.

For all the love valve gets, how is it that they have gotten away with this for so long?

They had a lot of good PR with the community because they almost single handedly saved PC gaming and made it thrive again. They also were the first movers in the industry so previously there was nothing to compare to steam. At the time they also used to make games and everybody likes to love devs. Now consumers are more savvy and put more pressure back on them combined with the EU. Also now origin,GOG,steam have no choice but to learn from and compete with each other. The benefits of PC being an open platform...

What they need to fix is customer care. They said a couple of months ago that they have a new system in the works. Let's see.... I find the steam client itself pretty awesome both on windows and linux. But they deserve the bad rep on support.

I have a 100 games I wish I could refund :(

Why do so many of you guys buy games much faster than you'll can play? Just because it's cheap doesn't mean you have to buy it... No point having dozens of games on backlog. Give that money to charity or something unless you really like throwing money at game devs and valve. There will always be more sales in future so don't ever think that you are missing out... Buy games that you want to play now or in the very near future. It's digital as well so there is no supply problem you can always come back later.

Go ahead, try your luck?

just to let you know, steam said no for GTA V refund there reason was i played more than 2 hours, what a shame

just to let you know, steam said no for GTA V refund there reason was i played more than 2 hours, what a shame

> Steam refunds on steam-bought games

> "we'll all make millions!!!!!"

> spams refund option

[emoji14]

No, you won't. It's been said above; if a game genuinely has wasted your time then you will not have two hours of playtime on the log, and will get a refend.

I don't agree with refunds "because you didn't like it" - back in the day when all we had were trailers, maybe; but there's so much news coverage on pretty much any game out there that you can avoid purchasing games you wont like.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Now they should add the ability to sell games in your library or something. I would like to get rid of the stuff I dont play. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

It'll likely be refunded for the price you bought it for.

I'm just saying, that the steam support isn't going to be ready for that many refund requests.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

No, you won't. It's been said above; if a game genuinely has wasted your time then you will not have two hours of playtime on the log, and will get a refend.

I don't agree with refunds "because you didn't like it" - back in the day when all we had were trailers, maybe; but there's so much news coverage on pretty much any game out there that you can avoid purchasing games you wont like.

i was 99% sure i wont get a refund but i did it because why not + hoping that steam maybe press on rockstar to do something about the hackers, since they arent doing anything about them atm.

back in the days all we had trailers true, but most of the devs cared about their product + did their best to fix it if it broke at some point unlike now, and if u did see any GTA V review you will see all of them saying the game is good and its a good port and all of them generally review the story mod only.