Cooler Master announces the MasterCase; Fully modular mid-tower case

Damikiller37

Source: TechPowerUp

36d.jpg

Cooler Master has announced their new project which is the MasterCase. The MasterCase is a fully modular mid-tower case which allows

you to choose whichever panels you want to have around the custom frame. Cooler Master has partnered with several case modders to bring

the consumers the best frame they can so that additional different exterior panels can be created to suit user needs and allowing

them to make it unique. This allows Cooler Master to sell you different panels when you need them instead of buying a whole new case.

All panels are designed to clip in which should make it more modder friendly if you want to create your own panels.

More press photos (look at the video since it explains the idea better):

36a.jpg

36b.jpg

36c.jpg

Computex 2015 will see Cooler Master debut the MasterCase 5, a 460mm-tall modular tower that comes in three distinct iterations: MasterCase 5,

MasterCase Pro 5 and MasterCase Maker 5.

Users can choose from the MasterCase 5's dual top handles and standard door, the MasterCase Pro 5's elevated mesh top cover,

or the sleek lines, solid top cover and brooding, open-vent front door of the MasterCase Maker 5.

In the MasterCase, FreeForm allows a single case to support a host of different configurations, enabling users to upgrade rather than

replace their case and system. Through a unique clip-and click panel, FreeForm also lets users vertically adjust or entirely remove drive cages,

allowing for multiple system configurations like home servers, water-cooled workstations, or gaming rigs with dual-slot extra-long graphics cards.

The case is currently being showcased at Computex 2015 so expect to see some video coverage from your favourite websites

and YouTubers. For the time being here is a video talking about the project:

The case will be available some time in August 2015. There are no talks about the pricing and options so far.

Personal opinion

I think that it could be a very good idea as long as there is a wide range of panels and doors to choose from. Pricing will

also be a key factor whether it is work buying this case over a case that already has all that you need. Looking at the video

there we some interesting designs so as long as they make the panels/doors very different to suit everyone's preference,

they could have a really interesting product. Especially since this will be a mainstream affordable(hopefully) product

compared to similar ideas from companies such as CaseLabs which are much more expensive.

Of course it would need this gamery design. 

Of course it would need this gamery design. 

it's not that bad.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Oh look, another moronic case with something at the top to restrict airflow.

Seriously, who is designing cases these days?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Clearly haven't read the OP at all. It will be fully modular which means that there will be different types of panels for each side of the case to suit your needs.

Clearly haven't read the OP at all. It will be fully modular which means that there will be different types of panels for each side of the case to suit your needs.

I would need to see a very large range of panels to believe that.

I like the idea, but will they actually follow through on it, or will there just be like, two options for each panel. "airflow" panels and "silent operation" panels.

You can clearly see thats a RAD outside the case with a vented shroud on top of it. 

Its a frame where you can make youre OWN panels / top

Let's agree to disagree

"modular"  hardly. being able to take off a few panels is not what id call modular. 

random rad in the last pic with nothing being watercooled?

I wish more cases had basements like this. cleans up builds so much

Looks p cool.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

"modular"  hardly. being able to take off a few panels is not what id call modular. 

random rad in the last pic with nothing being watercooled?

I wish more cases had basements like this. cleans up builds so much

I don't think that's a radiator in the last picture. It looks like frame for the fans to fit in the higher compartment instead of near the motherboard.

You can clearly see thats a RAD outside the case with a vented shroud on top of it. 

Its a frame where you can make youre OWN panels / top

I hear them using a lot of catch phrases, I only see one case. And how exactly does one make their own panel?

I don't think that's a radiator in the last picture. It looks like frame for the fans to fit in the higher compartment instead of near the motherboard.

You're right. Although there is a RAD in one picture.

When is the mastercase airflow coming out?  :rolleyes:

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

From what i understand,the picture posted in the OP is not actually the final and only product. The video is actually more about Cooler Master new design concept as a whole for a certain case lineup where there'll be several different designs and components to choose from and make your own case unique. Think outside the box people. 

From what i understand,the picture posted in the OP is not actually the final and only product. The video is actually more about Cooler Master new design concept as a whole for a certain case lineup where there'll be several different designs and components to choose from and make your own case unique. Think outside the box people. 

I tried to explain that in the write up since the images are pretty crappy. The video does show the whole idea much better.

I tried to explain that in the write up since the images are pretty crappy. The video does show the whole idea much better.

Some people just have really short attention span. I'd be awesome if CM can offer the motherboard tray in different orientations.

It actually looks okay, but not great.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Seems interesting, can it fit Nepton 280L cause it's hard to find a mid-tower that can fit it.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Seriously Cooler Master - you have got to stop it with your logo. it's too god damn big and obnoxious on what is otherwise a nice looking case

their last case Linus reviewed, I made the same comment and was one of the top rated. obviously CM doesn't keep up with feedback

I will wait for the review on this.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.