Best optical gaming mouse?

Profoundsoup

Logitech G502

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

the corsair m65 has done me well. i recommend that. but im sure there are better options at higher price points. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Price isnt an issue

Not sure if it's "the best", but the Razer DeathAdder is probably one of the best optical gaming mice.

And no, it does not brake after a week. I have mine now for over a year and it works great.

Logitech G502 or Razer Deathadder. I've had the Deathadder for a year and a half and I have had no problems on it :)

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

Main Rig: i7-4790K | Corsair H100i | Asus Z97 | 16GB Ripjaws | 4TB WD Black/512GB SSD | x2 R9 290x | NZXT H440 | HX1000i | 6 Noctuas   [spoiler=SILENT BUILD] Silent build: i5-4460, Be Quiet! Pure Rock, Asrock H97, 8GB HyperX, Samsung 850 Evo 500gb, MSI GTX 970, Be Quiet! Silent Base 800, EVGA Supernova GS 650w 

AMD CPU's. [spoiler=] thats right m8 get 420 no scoped 

Steelseries Rival  is prob the best right now imo. Anything from Zowie. Roccat optical are good also but they have high lod.

I would suggest a Deathadder like some people already have. I used to have one and the only thing I can critisize is the coating rubbing off after 1.5 years of use. (Deathadder black edition)

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Steelseries Rival  is prob the best right now imo. Anything from Zowie. Roccat optical are good also but they have high lod.

What Zowie mouse would you reccomend? 

Been looking at Zowie, Logitech G502, Corsair and the Razer Deathadder 

Deathadder. Had it for 6 months so far and no problems.

G502

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

What Zowie mouse would you reccomend? 

FK1 which uses 3310 sensor .The rest  of zowies mice all use the 3090. Which is still great also.

FK1 which uses 3310 sensor .The rest  of zowies mice all use the 3090. Which is still great also.

I see they have new mice, the ZA series 

I see they have new mice, the ZA series 

Yah I've never used or seen one.. But it uses the 3310 sensor so I don't see why it wouldn't be just as good.

the zowie fk1 and fk2, za series, and ec-a series all are quite good with the 3310 sensor.

generally, cloth mouspads are more popular then hard plastic mouspads and laser sensors perform poorly on cloth mouspads. The m65 and sensei have laser sensors that perform poorly on cloth mouspads. If a mouse has a max dpi of 8200, chances are its laser and will perform poorly on a cloth mouspad.

If you are committed to a hard mouspad, the sensei or m65 is fine . If you are getting a new mouspad, generally cloth is more desirable for several reasons. Cloth pads tend to be more control then hard plastic, hard plastic tends to warp, cloth pads are typically larger, cloth pads are typically easier on your hand and wrist, and cloth pads are easier to transport because they can easily roll up.

All the recent new fps mice have been optical for this reason. Recommendations would include the Mionix Avior 7000 (not 8200 which is laser) it has a great sensor, is slightly lighter then average, and great build quality. The Logitech g303 would be another good choice, which has great build quality, even lighter then the Avior, and probably the best lmb and rmb clicks of any mouse, the shape is unusual though and a lot of people dislike it. The Zowie ZA series would be another great choice, i'd guess the 11 or 12 for the average user would be appropriate as the 13 is very small, so unless you are into small mice (which lots of people are, nothing wrong with it). Great sensor and shape, and great rubber cable. The Scroll wheel is a little questionable though.The Roccat Kone Pure military would be another good light weight option, which is small and right handed, with a great scroll wheel, but has a fairly stiff braided cable.

If you want a heavier mouse, the Logitech g502 is probably the highest regarded but beware, despite a customizable weight system, there is no truly light weight option with it. Even with all weights removed, its a bit heavier then average. The Roccat Kone XTD Optical would be another great option.

generally, cloth mouspads are more popular then hard plastic mouspads and laser sensors perform poorly on cloth mouspads. The m65 and sensei have laser sensors that perform poorly on cloth mouspads. If a mouse has a max dpi of 8200, chances are its laser and will perform poorly on a cloth mouspad.

If you are committed to a hard mouspad, the sensei or m65 is fine . If you are getting a new mouspad, generally cloth is more desirable for several reasons. Cloth pads tend to be more control then hard plastic, hard plastic tends to warp, cloth pads are typically larger, cloth pads are typically easier on your hand and wrist, and cloth pads are easier to transport because they can easily roll up.

All the recent new fps mice have been optical for this reason. Recommendations would include the Mionix Avior 7000 (not 8200 which is laser) it has a great sensor, is slightly lighter then average, and great build quality. The Logitech g303 would be another good choice, which has great build quality, even lighter then the Avior, and probably the best lmb and rmb clicks of any mouse, the shape is unusual though and a lot of people dislike it. The Zowie ZA series would be another great choice, i'd guess the 11 or 12 for the average user would be appropriate as the 13 is very small, so unless you are into small mice (which lots of people are, nothing wrong with it). Great sensor and shape, and great rubber cable. The Scroll wheel is a little questionable though.The Roccat Kone Pure military would be another good light weight option, which is small and right handed, with a great scroll wheel, but has a fairly stiff braided cable.

If you want a heavier mouse, the Logitech g502 is probably the highest regarded but beware, despite a customizable weight system, there is no truly light weight option with it. Even with all weights removed, its a bit heavier then average. The Roccat Kone XTD Optical would be another great option.

The G502 is 7 grams heavier than the average mouse. That's slightly more than one US Quarter. The G303, G402, G502 are the best mice sensor wise. The form of the Mionix and Zowie mice is superior for most medium to large hands. The Logitech last the longest quality wise.

Full specs

The G502 is 7 grams heavier than the average mouse. That's slightly more than one US Quarter. The G303, G402, G502 are the best mice sensor wise. The form of the Mionix and Zowie mice is superior for most medium to large hands. The Logitech last the longest quality wise.

Full specs

Do you know if all Zowies use the same switches?

Do you know if all Zowies use the same switches?

they all use huano switches

What mouses all use omron? 

other name brands use omron at least for the lmb and rmb. Pretty sure Zowie is the only exception.

other name brands use omron at least for the lmb and rmb. Pretty sure Zowie is the only exception.

Hmmm wonder why...

Hmmm wonder why...

it might have to do with Zowie's focus on FPS. In FPS, the preference for huano or omron over the other seems very subjective. The consensus seems much more against huanos when you switch to high APM games, where you have to click very rapidly

The one that feels the best in your hand is the best option. All the ones you've mentioned have great sensors and very similar features. I'm not a fan of the feel of the G502, I got one and ended up returning it(too many buttons and it just felt odd) I prefer the deathadder or fk1 personally for shooters.

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker