ASUS ROG Claymore keyboard, RGB backlit

werto165

CGZV8DRUAAAWBch.jpg

Isn't really much information about it yet so it doesn't really warrant a place on the tech news side. Looks like a nice keyboard. I will not personally be getting one but  it's more options for those looking for one.

"The ASUS ROG Claymore is a new Cherry MX based keyboard with RGB switches which are individually customized backlit keys, offering 16.8 million colors. ASUS has provided N-key rollover, and a passthrough USB 3.1 port. There's also a detachable macro keyboard which allows for a fully custom setup."

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Please tell me it atleast comes with a wrist rest.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I want a ten key less keyboard so bad. But I still have my old razer blackwidow with cherry mx blues and I'd hate to waste money on something I don't need. 

Looks really nice. Am I the only one who thought their Strix mechanical keyboard looked atrocious?

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

edited my bs

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Looks really nice. Am I the only one who thought their Strix mechanical keyboard looked atrocious?

They looked bad. just keep it simple with no bull shit. I think that's why the cm tenkeyless are so popular. 

RGB wrist rest? Gotta RGB everything.

True, true. 

Razer get on that.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It also comes with additional number thingy might get one depending on the software

CGfT19iVIAAn66C.png

I approve of this, but I need to know if it comes with clears, blues or Browns.

Don't think it will come with clears maybe blues but very likely brows and reds.

It also comes with additional number thingy might get one depending on the software

CGfT19iVIAAn66C.png

I like this setup (I had the old Microsoft Sidewinder X11 keyboard that similarly had separate numpad), but the gamer looks are a big turn off. Also non-standard bottom row as with most "gamer" mechs means harder to find custom key caps. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Pitty that the bottom row keys arent standard size for those to like to replace keycaps.

i hope they keep it as a TKL + TK design.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats the most exciting thing i've seen in Computex 2015 considering the idea of this product.Not the product its self though...Bad appearance (thats an opinion ofc) and the Numpad/Macropad looks like its doesnt fit with the whole keyboard...

Im getting this keyboard.

Reasons:

Optional keypad on right side and its a standrad keypad but if you plug it into the left side its a huge macro pad.

Its aluminum (razer get rekt)

Probably easier software than what corsair has

Probably easier software than what corsair has

Everyone's software is better than corsair's. 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I don't really like this too much. It looks uncomfortable to type on.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Its aluminum (razer get rekt)

As much as I don't like Razer, they still use metal in their construction. This keyboard looks to be built in the same way as the Corsair K series. Metal top plate with only the bottom part being plastic. Razer's Blackwiddow isn't just plastic, you know. 

I don't get how that's hard to understand. Mechanical keyboards, at least good ones will have a metal backplate under the keys, but with a plastic body. It's no different to this or the Corsair keyboards. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

As for me, I don't like it. It looks too much like Corsair's design and I don't like that either. Plus, I don't care about backlighting, it doesn't add anything to the keyboard. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

As much as I don't like Razer, they still use metal in their construction. This keyboard looks to be built in the same way as the Corsair K series. Metal top plate with only the bottom part being plastic. Razer's Blackwiddow isn't just plastic, you know. 

I don't get how that's hard to understand. Mechanical keyboards, at least good ones will have a metal backplate under the keys, but with a plastic body. It's no different to this or the Corsair keyboards. 

I prefer a nice looking keyboard but not very tough to the opposite. Got to show that bling, u know?

As for me, I don't like it. It looks too much like Corsair's design and I don't like that either. Plus, I don't care about backlighting, it doesn't add anything to the keyboard.

I think you're looking at the wrong type of keyboards then...

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro

I think you're looking at the wrong type of keyboards then...

What's that supposed to mean? 

What's that supposed to mean?

You talked about not liking the Corsair design and now backlighting. That comes with these types of keyboards. Especially RGB since it is all the rage right now.

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro