Weird 980Ti UK price?

ben 9902

So I was looking at the reviews for the 980Ti and saw that in the US it's price is around $650. I then saw that this translates roughly into £430 which is really weird due to the fact that the cheapest normal 980 on scan is £427 http://www.scan.co.uk/products/4gb-msi-gtx-980-4gd5-ocv1-pcie-30-7010mhz-gddr5-gpu-1152mhz-boost-1252mhz-cores-2048-dp-hdmi-dvi

So is this going to mean that the 980Ti is the same price as the regular one? Or will Nvidia bump the price upto around £500-£600?

-snip-

US prices are without tax. so you have to add that too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

US prices are without tax. so you have to add that too.

Ahh right, but then wouldn't it still be cheaper to import it from the US

So I was looking at the reviews for the 980Ti and saw that in the US it's price is around $650. I then saw that this translates roughly into £430 which is really weird due to the fact that the cheapest normal 980 on scan is £427 http://www.scan.co.uk/products/4gb-msi-gtx-980-4gd5-ocv1-pcie-30-7010mhz-gddr5-gpu-1152mhz-boost-1252mhz-cores-2048-dp-hdmi-dvi

So is this going to mean that the 980Ti is the same price as the regular one? Or will Nvidia bump the price upto around £500-£600?

Sadly it doesnt work like that Ben. If its $650 for us its going to be £600

No. Import tax + shipping charge. Plus warrently.

Gigabyte is the best for us UK boys as they have a base here.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Most likely not, because of all the import rates and the shipping in general.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

you have to pay tax on imports.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Most likely not, because of all the import rates and the shipping in general.

Surely import tax isn't like £100 though?

Sadly it doesnt work like that Ben. If its $650 for us its going to be £600

No. Import tax + shipping charge. Plus warrently.

Gigabyte is the best for us UK boys as they have a base here.

Would import tax and shipping charges be over £100 though?

Surely import tax isn't like £100 though?

Well, yeah it is.

The shipping and import tax together are about 100 GBP or even more

Any idea when they will be up for grabs in the UK? Amazon to be specific?

Not sure man, I'm thinking about getting one for my university PC but I'm not sure

Would import tax and shipping charges be over £100 though?

You got to play extra 20% of worth of item, then additonal 2%. Then you have to pay shipping... So yes over 100 mate.

If you want to buy a GPU there are many cheaper options.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Holy shoot the 980ti will cost €750+ here in the Netherlands!?!?!?!

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Well, yeah it is.

The shipping and import tax together are about 100 GBP or even more

Oh shit really? That's a bit crap isn't it?

You got to play extra 20% of worth of item, then additonal 2%. Then you have to pay shipping... So yes over 100 mate.

If you want to buy a GPU there are many cheaper options.

Yeah I know I have a 970 atm but I want to keep this PC at home and get another one for uni

Holy shoot the 980ti will cost €750+ here in the Netherlands!?!?!?!

Not bad considering the 980s are currently around 620 euros

People be looking for a reason to flame.

Not bad considering the 980s are currently around 620 euros

At least it's not €1000 xD

I think I can sum this thread up, with the statement "Screw UK taxes" ;)

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

I think I can sum this thread up, with the statement "Screw UK taxes" ;)

Haha yeah true!

I'm more interested in the UK 980 price-drop. I've been hearing rumours that they could be getting down as low as £300...which means I need to return my unopened 970 asap!

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

I'm more interested in the UK 980 price-drop. I've been hearing rumours that they could be getting down as low as £300...which means I need to return my unopened 970 asap!

You have an unopened 970???! WTF

Nah they would pop it too 360 or something because that would kill the 970 :P

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.