What did you do today? Tech related only

Eniqmatic

Messing around a little bit with my newly-built PC, playing CS:GO that I got from Steam 2 days ago (don't know how to control spray  :(), and trying to learn how to use Rainmeter.

Drilled a hole in the wall for ethernet and now there is a crack.

Soldered an e-cig to a usb cable, no more batteries \o/

Made a AC unit out of old pc fans...

You did? How did you make your compressor unit?

I opened up my PC so I could rip out the drive cage and ghetto mount my hard drive on some foam because it was vibrating like crazy and driving me up the wall. I also cleaned the dust filters and tried (and failed) to manage my cables a little better. I can't wait to replace this godawful non-modular PSU.

G27a1bn.jpg

Keep an eye on temps. HDDs rely on air flow for cooling and that will be suffocating it if it is anything like my storage drive.

-snip-

Keep an eye on temps. HDDs rely on air flow for cooling and that will be suffocating it if it is anything like my storage drive.

Will do. It's close to the intake fan so it's resting comfortably at 31 °C right now. I'll be moving into a new case very soon (fingers crossed) so it shouldn't be there for too much longer.

“Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?”

Installed Ubuntu Gnome

Uninstalled Ubuntu Gnome since GRUB would only boot 50% of the time.

Spoiler

CPU:FX 8350 4.4 ghz (Upgrading to a 6700k!).Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R 2.0 (Upgrading to a Z170 Pro4!).GPU: Sapphire R9 290 (Arctic Cooler).RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 (Upgrading to 16gb ddr4 2400mhz!) PSU: Cooler Master B700. HDD: 120gb Hyper X Fury SSD, 500gb 5400rpm Caviar Blue Cooling: Hyper 212 (Switiching out with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim for new build) 2x stock case fans.
Future Upgrades: h100i cooler, corsair sp120 fans, 1080p monitor, AMD->Intel CPU Switch

I posted this and we are on a tech forum. Legit i might say...

Attempt to figure out Laravel 5...

Still can't work out how the forms would work... Currently waiting on my instructor for assistance...

Tried to overclock my GPU - AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650 (POS). It's stock clocks are 550MHz Core and 800MHz Memory. I overclocked it to 700MHz Core and 850MHz Memory and gained a MASSIVE 3 FPS in the GPU test. Then for no apparent reason MSI Afterburner glitched and won't apply the Clock settings anymore. LOL.

Oh and also HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008! (Sorry if late I typed this from Internet Explorer using South African Internet). /jk

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Finally knows how to optimize my GPU fans, and maybe I will try to add another RAM next week

And what does mV stand for?

I have been battling suspected psu issues. My RM1000 sometimes just cant be bothered to power up. This morning I had to remove it from my pc case, open it up, look at it, close it up again, plug in 24 pin and it fired up. Then shut it down replaced psu in the case and nothing. Disconnected all but 24 pin and nothing. Removed from the case again, with everything plugged in and it's working fine.

Maybe it just doesn't like my case. :(

e2a just did a restart, no problem. Then I shutdown and it would restart until I had undone the 4 screws which hold the cover on the psu. Nothing else, just undone the screws. 

You know I had that problem so many times( I fix PCs) I call this "the walkers" cause the like to go outside, normaly is just static so you should chechk all the ground in your setup and any faulty wire good luck 

Reserved my free upgrade to Windows 10.

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

I've just been skyping and watching youtube pretty much after ii got back from school.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

I opened my fractal XL after 6 months to DE-dust it with a HOOVER-ah-ah-aah!

...yes a hoover.

It went well and surprisingly little dust inside anyway.

Got this email... post-120379-0-96963100-1433372238.png

You know I had that problem so many times( I fix PCs) I call this "the walkers" cause the like to go outside, normaly is just static so you should chechk all the ground in your setup and any faulty wire good luck 

cheers for the advice, hadn't thought of it being that kind of issue. I think my grounds are fine (I will check that out though) and I am always checking the cables for security. Definitely seems to be an over current fault of some kind though as now that I have turned down the graphics on Pcars (my main game that always shut down the system) and it seems to be running more reliably. My R9 295x2 seems to try to turn my psu inside out when it is being pushed hard.

Played some Minecraft, repaired a shitty AeroCool fan that started ticking after 3 days of use, made some flat icons for a windows ipack, started programming my own markup backup program in java, played more Minecraft, stared at my sick computer I'm really proud of an not afraid to brag about.

1Ha5k4e.jpg

blackshades on

Did a "deep clean" on my printer because It wouldnt print a shipping label

piece of shit

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Trying to find out what the hell is going on with my laptop, temp going really high ...

Spoiler

lost my internet conection at home.  (currently at school, crying inside cuz my parts are in shipping and i dont know/cant check when they arrive/iff they have arrived)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Learned the uni computers don't like me typing faster than 55-60WPM.

And... they run on network NUC's

Marvuled at how far tech has come.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Outside of work, I bought a d3200 and 18 Metres of aluminium angle and 3 cans of flat black spray paint (making a road case for my pc/recording gear),  Organized a refund for a DOA IDE to sata converter.   And finally stared at the unholy mess that is my theatre room, it looks like the floor of a small tech workshop at the moment with PC crap everywhere.  So much so that I got depressed and decided to leave it all and concentrate on something else. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Did some migration of data from the left to the right for a client:

post-115539-0-97325900-1433422136_thumb.

Also ordered a new custom build for another business.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications