Out of Memory :(

Regank
Go to solution Solved by connorpiper,

That program will run from time to time because it is updating or scanning, if you leave your computer on for like 2 hours alone it should have done its job. 

I tried playing GTA today but it crashed and said I was out of memory! I have 16GB! I opened task manager and found that "Antimalware Service Executable" is the number one program using the most memory. I am using 69% of my memory right now. Please help!

Thanks!

CPU: Intel i7 4790k  Motherboard: MSI Z97S Sli Krait Edition  RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyperx Fury (black)  GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX970  
Case: Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5  Storage: 1TB WD 120GB Samsung OSD  PSU: Corsair RM750  Monitor: Acer 23"  
KeyboardCM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Blue  OS: Windows 10     Working on hardline watercooling!  :D

Download memtest. Burn it to a disc or mount it on USB. Boot to it, run it for at least 24 hours.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

Do you think that I should just reinstall windows? I don't really want to sit and troubleshoot all day. 

CPU: Intel i7 4790k  Motherboard: MSI Z97S Sli Krait Edition  RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyperx Fury (black)  GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX970  
Case: Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5  Storage: 1TB WD 120GB Samsung OSD  PSU: Corsair RM750  Monitor: Acer 23"  
KeyboardCM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Blue  OS: Windows 10     Working on hardline watercooling!  :D

Sounds like a memory leak. I see you have a Realtek NIC, they're reknown for having a few drivers that causes memory leaks. Try updating your Ethernet Drivers to the latest version.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4315#dl

I don't use ethernet, would this still be a problem though?

restart the PC and see how much RAM it uses at idle

then start opening the programs and look again

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Well, if you didn't use ethernet we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Wireless adapter :)

restart the PC and see how much RAM it uses at idle

then start opening the programs and look again

I've done this multiple times and I still get about 67%-70% I just got done playing GTA when after like 10 minutes it just quit again. I also updated my ethernet drivers. 

That program will run from time to time because it is updating or scanning, if you leave your computer on for like 2 hours alone it should have done its job. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I think that's what happened, it's back to normal now. THANKS EVERYONE!