depression anxiety loneliness

lukky211111

Anyone ever feel like this? That even though you have people around its like no one exists? I hope this is against code of conduct

askdjfasdf

I think the general word for this is Depression.

Go out more with friends, spend less time on the PC. If you think its serious enough then go to a doctor and talk to them about it.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Go out more with friends, spend less time on the PC. If you think its serious enough then go to a doctor and talk to them about it.

Spending time with friends is hard with loneliness...

Spending time with friends is hard with loneliness...

You can still feel lonely even with friends if you dont spend time with them.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You can still feel lonely even with friends if you dont spend time with them.

I feel lonely even with friends because I can never get in contact with them (apart from 1)

90% of day is spent dealing with panic attacks so I know all about anxiety all to well. Depression is a royal crapper I deal with it alot myself.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

yeah, pretty much all the time..

just remember there are people who care about you and love you :) 

don't try to make yourself feel down

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It's a mind thing, man. The human brain is a weird and fragile, but somehow a very enduring thing. Pretty much the best advice is to try and get rid of such thoughts, and leverage that brilliant problem-solving machine we are all born with to fix things up. True depression though is a complicated beast, and keep in mind those sorts of things can be best handled by a professional.

With that said, there are some things you can do if you don't suffer from severe depression. Try to "get out" if you can every so often. I know it's hard but think of what interests you, and go to places where those sort of people would congregate if possible. If you don't have interests that require you to go somewhere, try volunteering in the community. Good people tend to do volunteer work, and you can meet them. Just realize it's normal to feel alone or left out, and there's nothing bad about it. If you can, just do something. If you can do something every time you feel lonely (try to do something physical that'll benefit you), it'll be easier, and you'll have a habit of doing things when you start to feel "down", and feel "down" less often, as you'll think about it much less. You'll also have more pride in yourself, as you'll have bettered yourself through it.

It might be tough if you're a teenager, but it's like that for every teen-aged person at times, even if they don't show it. Hormones and a not fully developed brain are tricky things to deal with, but it happens to everyone. So, you're not alone, and try not to think that you are. That line of thinking could lead to some dark places, so remember, it's not just you.

I don't do signatures.

im actually not on the computer a lot i work a lot and try and do other stuff but sometimes it just never helps.

askdjfasdf

Anyone ever feel like this? That even though you have people around its like no one exists? I hope this is against code of conduct

I'm no longer depressed, but I feel like people don't even acknowledge my existence in high school, that has less than 100 students in total, where basically everyone knows something about everyone. I'm only called upon when necessary (like schoolwork, future event plannings etc.) but for example for small talk? Nope. Conversations with me typically don't last longer than 30 seconds while in-person. Even in group sports like dodgeball, no-one bothers to target me directly even if I'm like 2 meters in-front of the person with the ball, looking at him in the face.

I'm fine with being left out of attention, though. In fact, I prefer not being acknowledged over getting loads of attention. Though having friends would be nice, I don't classify them as necessities for myself.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

loeliness is a feeling not a fct. pls do not swell on it

Notice: I'm not a doctor. I don't study human psychology. Everything I'm saying is based on personal experience and research (hours of browsing).

Corrected typos.

(I was going to format this, but since I typed it in Notepad++ and it's so long I'm going to pass. Hopefully everything is still conveyed as I intended for it to be.)

@lukky211111
Anxiety and depress do not just effect teenagers. I've dealt with anxiety, depression (both minor and more severe), not fitting in and rejection. I'm not going to say any of it is easy to deal with. Sadly, it is all part of life. Someone giving you advice if they haven't been there isn't going to mean much. Many people don't get that you lose interest in things which once mattered most, that you may feel numb, uncertain, etc. Depression and anxiety are capable of vastly affecting one's though process, causing very different mindsets (or ways of thinking); some which may be very adverse. Before continue, I would like to mention SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), which is a type of depression.

Moving on... I do know what you're talking about. I won't go as far as saying that I don't care: what others think or say, about
feeling alone, that it seems others don't exist or that I don't, etc. While I may feel as such once in a while, I just continue on with
life. It depends on each individual, you're not me and I'm not you. If you feel suicidal, etc then I suggest that you seek help even if
you don't feel like it. You do matter. While I'm a complete random stranger, I wouldn't won't you to commit suicide or anything.
Regardless of what anyone has ever done in their life, their life has a greater value than any and all of their shortcomings or
wrongdoings. I'm merely stating that we all have the potential to be better than we are, no matter how good we get.

Don't get down on yourself. I know that's easier said that done. Take some time away from all the distractions in life. Grab something to write with (best to use a pen or pencil) and some paper, then write down what you like to do, what you currently do that you don't like (such as habits), what you want to do, what you truly want in life, etc. Then take on each of them one at a time. It's not easy, but it does work. As for people, well, I'll address that in a minute.

@lukky211111 & @Ruostunut kokis
Not everyone is going to like your or approve of you, what you like, what you do, what you don't do, what you don't like, who you are
with, etc. It's wise to listen to others, but in the end it comes down to you. Don't just do something because someone say something.
Also don't let people plant seeds in your head. You know yourself better than anyone else does. There are around 7 billion people on earth, and that is just going to sky rocket over the next few decades. Don't allow yourself to be used by others or walked on. I know that's not always easy to do, especially if you always feel alone. I assure you there are people out there who do realize that you exist and do sincerely care about you; even if you do not know them. You have value and you do matter. It's not whining or crying or weakness to express how you feel or to seek help. No two people live the exact same life, so it's truly impossible to fully relate to someone. Just ignore those people. On that same note, since others are not capable of truly knowing us, we are not capable of truly knowing them.

Here's an example, and I'm not trying to justify anything. People hate a murderer or rapist, yet they don't know their past; they know nothing about them. Not everyone tells the things that happen to them, and the media always twist things. They need to be disciplined justly for what they have done and be held accountable, but we need to also learn the cause of the behavior. We are very complicated beings. Things which we are unable to remember consciously are still there in our minds and may greatly affect us. (Sadly lost train of though due to surroundings, sorry.) All I'm saying is we all need to take things into consideration, more than what we see or hear; the same goes for you. Don't let people get you down.

@Ruostunut kokis
Friends are a necessity, at least to some extent. By our very design we need social interaction and to have relationships with others. I understand not wanting loads of attention, but it is nice to feel like you at least exist. I'm speaking from experience and not targeting you. Sadly, I tend to push others away because I spend so much time with devices (phone, computer, etc). You will find friends, though it may take a while. It was nearly 3 decades before I found actual friends (I'm fairly strict about what a friend is). Though, when you have the right friends, it will make you forget about everything else; it becomes irrelevant.

In general to all others...
-> Doctors don't know everything, they're often wrong. They also aren't always able to help, and sometimes make things quite worse.

-> Depression isn't some thing you can just turn on or off with a switch. It's not a just about thoughts. I've tried to change my thoughts when I've been depressed (and know many others that have as well) and it just doesn't work.

-> Loneliness is not* affected by how many friends you have, going out, being physically alone or with others, etc. It goes far beyond that. Mental and emotional states play a role as well as just being around others or doing activities. I'm not saying that friends and activities don't help, as they do; so long as the people one is around are actually friends and the activities are not counter-productive to what one is dealing with.

G²

I prefer to not talk to people because I'm not really social type, I don't even know what I should tell them, so basically the talk goes like "how are you" and then just silence. As I said it's not a big issue for me as I was always alone and did things on my own but sometimes I wish I had someone with me.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

90% of day is spent dealing with panic attacks so I know all about anxiety all to well. Depression is a royal crapper I deal with it alot myself.

im sorry to hear that dude:/ it is a crapper 

askdjfasdf

im sorry to hear that dude:/ it is a crapper 

Yeah a few days ago I went to try to go get some stuff at a mall neat me was there for about 15mins and had to leave due to panic attacks and couldn't get my breathing under control way way to many people for me.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Yeah a few days ago I went to try to go get some stuff at a mall neat me was there for about 15mins and had to leave due to panic attacks and couldn't get my breathing under control way way to many people for me.

yep ive been there before. i donbt think i have as severe as ones as you do but when i get them its just the most overwhelming feeling ever.

askdjfasdf

I've a ~70% chance of falling into depressions - (something very private psychological thing here at my side) - so kind of 70% of my life is - depression... even if it's not about loneliness...

Talking to others with similar problems helps me every time...

You are allowed to have animated avatars on LTT, but - try to have images like "userbars" in the signature - no chance...

Excels last cell is XFD1048576 and once was IV65536.

(if you want to have the most effective mousepad - use a colored matte floor tile)

snip

you summed it up pretty well and i know its not jsut a teenager thing since im not a teenager im actually almost 22 years old 

askdjfasdf

I've a ~70% chance of falling into depressions - (something very private psychological thing here at my side) - so kind of 70% of my life is - depression... even if it's not about loneliness...

Talking to others with similar problems helps me every time...

yep it does help talking with others that have been in the same boat as me. and yeah most of my life has been nothing but depression as well.

askdjfasdf

It's a mind thing, man. The human brain is a weird and fragile, but somehow a very enduring thing. Pretty much the best advice is to try and get rid of such thoughts, and leverage that brilliant problem-solving machine we are all born with to fix things up. True depression though is a complicated beast, and keep in mind those sorts of things can be best handled by a professional.

With that said, there are some things you can do if you don't suffer from severe depression. Try to "get out" if you can every so often. I know it's hard but think of what interests you, and go to places where those sort of people would congregate if possible. If you don't have interests that require you to go somewhere, try volunteering in the community. Good people tend to do volunteer work, and you can meet them. Just realize it's normal to feel alone or left out, and there's nothing bad about it. If you can, just do something. If you can do something every time you feel lonely (try to do something physical that'll benefit you), it'll be easier, and you'll have a habit of doing things when you start to feel "down", and feel "down" less often, as you'll think about it much less. You'll also have more pride in yourself, as you'll have bettered yourself through it.

It might be tough if you're a teenager, but it's like that for every teen-aged person at times, even if they don't show it. Hormones and a not fully developed brain are tricky things to deal with, but it happens to everyone. So, you're not alone, and try not to think that you are. That line of thinking could lead to some dark places, so remember, it's not just you.

I know you mean well and that's still good overall advise but you can't treat depression with willpower alone, please don't bring that "just be happy!" misconception here it doesn't works: people clinically depressed need therapy and likely drugs like SSRI's to overcome it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I know you mean well and that's still good overall advise but you can't treat depression with willpower alone, please don't bring that "just be happy!" misconception here it doesn't works: people clinically depressed need therapy and likely drugs like SSRI's to overcome it.

I know that, That's why I said:

"True depression though is a complicated beast, and keep in mind those sorts of things can be best handled by a professional." and immediately after: "With that said, there are some things you can do if you don't suffer from severe depression." I then said he could try to ignore it. I never gave the impression anyone could just "will away" severe depression by just being happy. I said a method of dealing with loneliness is to distract yourself and try to meet people.

I understand you may not have had the time to read my whole post, so if you have the time, be my guest and see what I had to say.

I don't do signatures.

I know you mean well and that's still good overall advise but you can't treat depression with willpower alone, please don't bring that "just be happy!" misconception here it doesn't works: people clinically depressed need therapy and likely drugs like SSRI's to overcome it.

Well, yes you can treat it without pills, in fact, it will most likely make you feel worse for a while first, assuming it will work at all.

No, willpower alone is not enough, you need to find the source of why you feel the way you do.

Meds dont solve it, neither does running away from it

Face the source, and try to do something about it, but dont be afraid to ask for help

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

yeah, pretty much all the time..

just remember there are people who care about you and love you :)

don't try to make yourself feel down

Just make sweet love to your pc while looking in a mirror while playing games lol jk

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.