ASRock Rack Announces EP2C612D24 and 4L Server Motherboards, 24 DIMM slots for up to 1.5TB of RAM

AlexGoesHigh

EP2C612D24-4L-2(L)_678x452.jpg

EP2C612D24-4L notice the two extra network ports 

ASRock has announced a new server motherboard for Intel Xeon E5 v3 platform with support for 24 sticks of RAM total, giving a max capacity of 1.5TB of RAM this motherboard can hold on, this is possible since the Xeon E5 memory controller can support 3 DIMM's per channel, though if all the slots were populated according to the Xeon E5 spec memory will downclock from 2133mhz to 1600mhz 

The motherboard also features narrow ILM sockets to save space, three PCIe 3.0 x8 slots which are open ended, allowing for x16 sized cards to come in, although one slot will be limited to reduced width cards as some of the DRAM slots would encroach a super long co-processor. Ten (10) onboard SATA ports are supported, and M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 slot (its between the PCIe slots and RAM slots for the first CPU) and an onboard USB 3.0 Type-A port for in-chassis licensing dongles or Live-USB OSes.

there's only difference vs the normal and 4L version, the 4L comes with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports instead of 2 in the normal one, both are powered by a Intel i350 controller, the port above the USB 3 ports is for the AST2400 which provides IPMI 2.0 network management.

EP2C612D24-2(L)_575px.jpg

EP2C612D24

EP2C612D24-1(L)_575px.jpg

Top down view of EP2C612D24

Source: AnandTech

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

1.5TB RAM? What could that be used for?

Medical research, a massive render farm, massive server.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Host a database. If you put it on the hard drives (other than for backup, save states), then access would be super slow. Most databases are housed in RAM and are backed up.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

:o..P server board the future is cumming ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But I think we should research in having higher capacity Ram modules than just more space to put them in :/

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

RAMDisk for your steam library or a modded skyrim xD

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

RAMDisk for your steam library or a modded skyrim xD

omg, imagine a RAMDisk with this :o

Server motherboards just have to be green :/

I don't think anyone who will use this gives a shit about the color.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

They do not. The people using enterprise equipment have a function-over-form mindset. Asides from standard matters such as labelling and cable management, they do not care a single bit about how the equipment looks; they only care about whether or not it fufils the required tasks at the intended scale.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I know that, they will also be hidden from sight, motherboards like this just look sexy when they are black

They do not. The people using enterprise equipment have a function-over-form mindset. Asides from standard matters such as labelling and cable management, they do not care a single bit about how the equipment looks; they only care about whether or not it fufils the required tasks at the intended scale.

Hahaha yeah that's a big true. Equipment aimed at gamers is always masturbatory, while equipment aimed at professionals is pure function. I personally don't give a single heck about what the inside of my computer looks like. I don't need a window side panel so I can whack off to how epic my rig looks, I'd rather have one or two more fan mounts to cool it better. Everything aimed at gamers is sickeningly flashy for my taste.