Students Save $200 on MacBook Pro at Best Buy

TGBSeth

Don't find any reason to buy a mac still :/

I can give you a list if you like.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I can give you a list if you like.

I mean for a students daily use of course. I know it has lot of good features for like video editing and some other stuff since I've already use my friend's

You obviously don't know what you are talking about, they use out dated hardware in general and overprice everything (new and old hardware) there is making a profit and ripping people off...

Okay here's a challenge for you:

1. Find something outdated about the new Mac Pro: http://www.apple.com/ca/mac-pro/?cid=wwa-ca-kwg-mac-aos

2. Try to build a similarly spec'd system for the same price or better.

No really.

I would absolutely love for you to build a system with two 3Gb Firepro GPUs, a 12 core Xeon processor, 32Gb of 1866Mhz RAM, and an PCI-E SSD for their 3999$ pricepoint. (FYI, the two GPUs and CPU take up 3 quarters of that right off the bat)

Then even if you had matched their price, (which you probably won't) you still wouldn't have factored in the R&D required for their new heat dissipation system (which is awesome by the way) nor have you factored in the fact that they managed to fit all that top tier hardware in to a 9" tall case.

So many people just shit talk mac all day and night without actually looking in to what they do. Sure, Apple does a long list of things that I don't agree with, (Like not lowering their prices of older models, for instance) which is why I personally would not buy their products,

but to say that "everything they release is overpriced and outdated" is one of the most ignorant things anyone could say about Apple. 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Yes but they are over priced for what you get...

Not really. Laptops with similar build quality end up being as expensive or more expensive than Macs. You can definitely find laptops that have the same components or better cheaper but they aren't solid aluminum. Also no one else is putting super High resolution screens on their laptops at the moment so those have no comparisons. I'm a PC gamer though so I don't own a Mac, plan on getting one to supplement my rig one I'm out of college though. 

I mean for a students daily use of course. I know it has lot of good features for like video editing and some other stuff since I've already use my friend's

For students, it can do just as much as a PC.  So it only comes down to the look and feel of the system and what a person prefers to use. 

Okay here's a challenge for you:

1. Find something outdated about the new Mac Pro: http://www.apple.com/ca/mac-pro/?cid=wwa-ca-kwg-mac-aos

2. Try to build a similarly spec'd system for the same price or better.

No really.

I would absolutely love for you to build a system with two 3Gb Firepro GPUs, a 12 core Xeon processor, 32Gb of 1866Mhz RAM, and an PCI-E SSD for their 3999$ pricepoint. (FYI, the two GPUs and CPU take up 3 quarters of that right off the bat)

Then even if you had matched their price, (which you probably won't) you still wouldn't have factored in the R&D required for their new heat dissipation system (which is awesome by the way) nor have you factored in the fact that they managed to fit all that top tier hardware in to a 9" tall case.

So many people just shit talk mac all day and night without actually looking in to what they do. Sure, Apple does a long list of things that I don't agree with, (Like not lowering their prices of older models, for instance) which is why I personally would not buy their products,

but to say that "everything they release is overpriced and outdated" is one of the most ignorant things anyone could say about Apple. 

You know what their new mac may be worth the money but in 5 years time it will still cost the same. But you cant say that they dont over price their products, look at all their mobile stuff, the iPhone 5 is more expensive then the Galaxy S3/4 and yet it is less powerful and has less features then both phones. Now i like OS on the iPhone, it is more organised and easier to use, but the phone itself isnt as powerful and has features missing that makes the Galaxy a superior phone (one thing i hate is that you cant clear the ram on close apps). 

Also back to the Macs, up until last year when they said they were going to make the all new mac pro they were using old hardware, the most obvious was the graphics card, which was from ati's 5 series and it was like a 5850 or 5870 (cant remember off the top of my head) but they would still charge crazy amounts of money for a system with outdated hardware, and that was the only mac that you could upgrade...and the new mac pro looks like a trash can LOL. Now with the MacBook Pro you have to spend over $2.5k before you can get a graphics card in it, and even then its a GT 650M... My point is that they still charge way too much for it, with $2.5 you could get this:

http://www.mwave.com.au/product/sku-ab49669-asus_g75vxt4023_173_core_i7_32gb_256gb_ssd_gtx670mx_3gb_windows_8_64bit

Which you would agree is more powerful then the most expensive MacBook Pro and would give the top of the line Mac Pro (which would be more then double the price) a run for its money in all areas of computing!

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Ignorant.

How is knowing that they solder the NAND onto the board being ignorant? I'd say it's being educated so you don't go buying something you think can be upgraded.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

If I get one of these macs, I won't have enough for the upcoming Nexus 7 2. If I get the Nexus 7 2, I won't have enough for one of these macs.

I think I'll flip a coin for this choice :P

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

wait wait wait, theres a 12core xeon? 8 core ones are like what, $2,000? Im not sure 2 Firepros with 32Gb of ram and a 12 core xeon would be $4,000.

You know what their new mac may be worth the money but in 5 years time it will still cost the same. But you cant say that they dont over price their products, look at all their mobile stuff, the iPhone 5 is more expensive then the Galaxy S3/4 and yet it is less powerful and has less features then both phones. Now i like OS on the iPhone, it is more organised and easier to use, but the phone itself isnt as powerful and has features missing that makes the Galaxy a superior phone (one thing i hate is that you cant clear the ram on close apps). 

The iPhone is not a good example of them charging too much.  The iPhone is actually one of the most expensive phones to manufacture because they do not use cheap materials like Samsung does (plastic in particular.)

Construction of the iPhone is also much more difficult than the average phone, they are generally justified in their prices since they are not somehow way higher than other phones.  S4 vs iPhone 5, basically same price on launch.

Yes but they are over priced for what you get...

VERY true,  which is why I don't or ever will own one, but that doesnt mean I hate them though

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

Apple always had student pricing. If I am not mistaken it's even better than this, as it even give you 100$ worth of app or music purchases in addition to the lower price. And sometimes even gives you an iPod as well.