-snip-

I'm not mocking, I just prefer the numbering cause it's easier to reference and less work than making multiple quotes.

1. Once again, expandable storage is nice to have until you realize Google is trying to make it harder and harder for you to use it the way you want (they don't want you to install apps to it), it's also a security loophole because when someone has access to your password protected phone, if your phone doesn't have expandable storage, they can't access anything on it, but if your phone does, they can pop out your sd card and access your nudes or whatever.

3. That's false, faster cores (higher IPC, higher frequency) can be used in any situations. On the other hand, more cores can only be used in limited situations where the application is written properly for them (usually games). That's why on the PC, people will almost always choose higher ipc, stronger Intel cores over the lower ipc, but more AMD cores. I will also choose fewer, more powerful cores on phones (currently only Apple has that) over more less powerful cores.

4. If 4.4 "blew ios out of the water in terms of fluidity" you wouldn't see this lag in an otherwise clean UI- 

It takes almost a full 2 seconds to launch an app from the multitasking UI instead of instantly. 

Edit: Since youtube isn't behaving itself. I meant 2:23-2:30 in the video.

6. HTC has 1 year of accidental warranty, and if you drop it and it gets damaged, that's your fault for not being careful, not the phone's fault. Drop tests don't prove anything because of the erroneously small sample size.

7. iPhone 4 and 4s- glass front, glass back. iPhone 5 and 5s- taller glass front, glass and aluminium back. Not exactly the same, but an evolution of its predecessor. HTC M7, M8, M9 are all the same- large 1080p screen on the front with stereo speakers, same aluminium casing (with "more" metal). No evolution, just minor tweaks. Galaxy S and S5 were largely the same, S6 is a giant departure from that.

8. Personally, I wouldn't use more than .5A on my phone when possible (I charge through my computer) to preserve battery health and also because it delivers "cleaner" power (according to Luke in a super old WAN show)

9. If only....

I know you are obliged to keep the dbrand skins on in order to get the review units, but I feel like it is an awful partnership. Do I enjoy the videos that come from it? Yes. Do I think that having dbrand skins on these devices is a gross misrepresentation of the product? Yes. I would much rather not have these videos at all. As it stands, I have to go watch a separate review anyways to see the devices without the, sometimes hideous, skins on them.

I highly doubt this will mean anything, as having the content at all is better for you guys as a company, but I hope that you consider trying to partner with somebody else for devices.

1. Once again, expandable storage is nice to have until you realize Google is trying to make it harder and harder for you to use it the way you want (they don't want you to install apps to it), it's also a security loophole because when someone has access to your password protected phone, if your phone doesn't have expandable storage, they can't access anything on it, but if your phone does, they can pop out your sd card and access your nudes or whatever.

Not necessarily.  Some ROMS allow SD card encryption.  IIRC the official HTC one did too.

I'm not mocking, I just prefer the numbering cause it's easier to reference and less work than making multiple quotes.

3. That's false, faster cores (higher IPC, higher frequency) can be used in any situations. On the other hand, more cores can only be used in limited situations where the application is written properly for them (usually games). That's why on the PC, people will almost always choose higher ipc, stronger Intel cores over the lower ipc, but more AMD cores. I will also choose fewer, more powerful cores on phones (currently only Apple has that) over more less powerful cores.

4. If 4.4 "blew ios out of the water in terms of fluidity" you wouldn't see this lag in an otherwise clean UI- 

It takes almost a full 2 seconds to launch an app from the multitasking UI instead of instantly. 

Edit: Since youtube isn't behaving itself. I meant 2:23-2:30 in the video.

6. HTC has 1 year of accidental warranty, and if you drop it and it gets damaged, that's your fault for not being careful, not the phone's fault. Drop tests don't prove anything because of the erroneously small sample size.

7. iPhone 4 and 4s- glass front, glass back. iPhone 5 and 5s- taller glass front, glass and aluminium back. Not exactly the same, but an evolution of its predecessor. HTC M7, M8, M9 are all the same- large 1080p screen on the front with stereo speakers, same aluminium casing (with "more" metal). No evolution, just minor tweaks. Galaxy S and S5 were largely the same, S6 is a giant departure from that.

8. Personally, I wouldn't use more than .5A on my phone when possible (I charge through my computer) to preserve battery health and also because it delivers "cleaner" power (according to Luke in a super old WAN show)

9. If only....

>what captain chaos said below...also ever heard of the term jewgle?

Not necessarily.  Some ROMS allow SD card encryption.  IIRC the official HTC one did too.

>umm ok

>take a look at ios 7 on the iPhone 4 and ios 4 on the iPhone 3g....also ios 7 on the iPad 2

>just like rear ending someone is your fault.....that doesn't mean i'm gonna drive without seatbelts or an airbag.......also the uh oh protection can only happen once

>squared off sides, plastic antenna splitters around the sides, same buttons.....basically the iPhone 5 is what happens when you take the 4s, make it taller, and take away the thickness of the glass sides...there was a screen size increase between the m7 and m8, as well as removal of the plastic sides

>where would one find a half amper?

>yaasss

AS a guy coming from the HTC Inspire (An all metal phone) to the One M7, to the One M9, I gotta agree with most points of the video and the discussion thread.

M7 -> M9 Is a good jump. M8 -> M9 Not good

The button placement is HIGHLY questionable, but I'm getting the hang of it. I'll still occasionally hit the volume down button but I've only had the phone for 20 days.

From an aging M7, the M9 responds faster (I can finally play flappy bird again without a delay in my taps, woo)

Sound quality is better then the M7

The "bult in amplifier" was turned on be default. To me it made the middle and treble louder, and the vocals more clear, but left a lot of the base out. Not a clean mix, as I like to hear my drums as much as my guitar solos.
I see some complaining about the "old design". Call me old fashiuoned but I like the design. It's why i started buying HTC phones in the first place. I'm just glad they put the SD card slot back, because having to let it go from the M7 was a drawback for me. 

The phone fits slightly better in my hand then the M7, not to say the M7 was uncomfortable.

I'm not super duper huge on the camera. It takes good quality photos in most conditions. Not the best, not the worst.

Kinda glad it doesn't come with a quick charger actually. Coming from a background of R/C Hobby Truck racing, quick charging batteries lowers their life span, and quickens how fast they drain. I usually plug it in almosy every night, unless its still got a good chunk of battery, which half the time it does. I dont use my phone a butt ton, so thats probably why.

Call quality on At&t is good. The call on my end sounds good (not super surprising considering the speakers) and the quality on the other end is also good.

Just my quick 2 cents

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

• 5 weeks later...

I actually initially wanted to get the M9, coming from the M7, but after hearing about the issues with the Snapdragon 810 and the inconsistent camera quality (and how it looks too similar to the M8), I got an LG G4 as my replacement instead.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1