What is your take on "Anonymous"

Adler Polk

Anonymous is a group of people that started as a group of "trollers" on 4chan, but lately they are supposedly hacking into government websites and passing out information.  They claim to be a non-lethal group that is helping raise awareness for the people of America and countries around the world.  I watched a couple videos and read some articles on this group and at first glance to an average person the seem like terrorists and that is usually how the media presents this.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZKEXK4ueFY

They seem to know what they are doing, and my opinion of this group is positive.  Nobody is standing up to our horrible government which is getting away with murder and doing nothing to help american citizens.   

I encourage you to watch the video above and post your comments below.  I welcome any feedback on this topic and thank you for your time. - Adler P.

Meh, I guess they are raising awareness but I doubt attacking government websites will help the situation but I don't really care what they do... probably because I don't live in America which is fucked up in many ways.

The problem I find with this clip, this is not anonymous.

Anonymous does not represent people of 1 or 2 countries, they represent the people of the world.

This clip was made by an American who just doesn't like the government and abuses the name of Anonymous for this.

I don't know what I think about them, There is a right way and a wrong way to do things, but if the right way to do things does not bring justice because the governing bodies are corrupt then the wrong way is no longer wrong.

Food for thought anyway.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I used to like them, back when they used to do funny and stupid shit, all the way up to their attack on Sony. Now I couldn't care less though, do they really make a difference to anything?

Meh...I don't know really...Here in Europe we don't hear alot from them anymore. On one side, I disapprove of what they are doing, but in certain cases I do approve, so I'm kinda stuck between those two.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

im not afraid of adding my comments, what are the nsa going to do? break into my house and bash my head on the keyboapahisdolufbhaulikjsdvrrggrg

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

"If a computer could tell you it's going to beat the shit out of you this is what it would look like"

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

im not afraid of adding my comments, what are the nsa going to do? break into my house and bash my head on the keyboapahisdolufbhaulikjsdvrrggrg

Not the slightest bit original but still hilarious :D

Not the slightest bit original but still hilarious :D

lol i think it was originally a chuck norris joke...

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

They hacked PSN so to hell with them.

BLAOW!!!!

Hacking PSN was kinda stupid, but they gained alot of attention. which is good?

as long as they dont start being terrorist's and such then, FUCK NSA! Annonymous FTW!

They didn't hack PSN, that was LulzSec -_-

Do some research before making uninformed accusations.

the last thread of the same name got deleted the NSA are watching so I won't say a word.

I AM PART OF ANONYMOUS! 

The sad thing is I could actually see the NSA reading and believing that...

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO

they are cool.

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

As for what I think of them, I'm neutral. Reason being that they've grown to point where they're so popular that its hard to tell what press releases are actually theirs. I disagree with the comment on the banking system in the video above, for one. Fractional reserve banking was designed to allow for loans that keep the economy turning. Like any system, though, it can be abused. Kinda like monopolies in capitalism. There needs to be a stricter set of rules on loans. (I say that even though I'm going into college and need all the loans I can get.) And there was in response to the economy's fall in '08. As far as interest rates, the bankers have to make money somehow... But as far as DDoS attacks on major businesses/governments, I think its ok. They aren't gonna destroy the business for that organization, and its akin to sit-ins. Trolling websites is even more so, but since that's impossible as some don't have forum areas, DDoS is fine. Anonymous should start trolling the hell out of officials they deem unfit for office. DO IT FOR THE LULZ!

CPU - FX 8320 @ 4.8 GHz

| MoBo - Sabertooth 990FX | GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7870 GHz Ed. @ 1.075 GHz | CPU Cooler - H100 | RAM - 16 GB Dual Channel Vengeance @ 1600 MHz (didn't care to push these...) | OS - Windows 8 Pro | Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 (120 GB Boot), Samsung 830 Pro 64 GB, WD Black 1 TB, some random 320 GB from a laptop | PSU - CM Silent Hybrid Pro 850W (MDPC Sleeving) | Case - 800D | Monitors - ASUS V238H/ X Star DP2710LED | Mouse - M90 Keyboard - CM Quickfire Rapid w/ custom key caps

"When life gives you lemons, Don't make lemonade, make life take the lemons back!" - Cave Johnson, CEO