Does a gtx 970 work fine with a144 Hz monitor ?

KiVVi007

i have a gtx 970 and want a good monitor. should i choose a 144 hz monitor ?  :rolleyes:

( i play games like battlefield and gta V) 

The only games you will be getting 144fps on are minecraft and minesweeper lol

Im guessing 1080p?

if its gsync 144Hz then that would work great, but just 144hz wont be worth it if youre only getting 60-120fps in most games

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Sure. I love my 144hz monitor. Makes a significant difference, especially in games such as tf2 and cs go.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Yes. Theoretically speaking it will run 144hz, if you're asking if it was PERFORM at 144hz, then I'd say most games that need high fps, for example CS:GO, LoL, and BF3

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

144hz monitor is quite nice, and will improve the experience in shooters like battlefield.

Ips 144hz is also an option but it is ridiculously expensive at the moment...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

if its gsync 144Hz then that would work great

Why is that?

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

The only games you will be getting 144fps on are minecraft and minesweeper lol

Im guessing 1080p?

if its gsync 144Hz then that would work great, but just 144hz wont be worth it if youre only getting 60-120fps in most game

it is 1080p  :P

Why is that?

because it would adjust the screen's refresh rate to what is being output from your GPU, giving you no lag, stuttering, or tearing.

with gsync you want your monitors refresh rate to be higher than what your GPU can do, because if your GPU is getting over 60fps and your gsync monitor only goes up to 60fps, the gsync is then useless and you will get tearing, unless you enable vsync which will give stuttering, the two things that gsync fixes

so with your fps lower than 144Hz, gsync can do its work and remove both to give you that perfect smooth experience

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I love how in these threads people pretend that the only games in existence are those that were released in the last six to eight months. You can get over 60 fps in most new games at 1080p on that card. If you play games because they're good and not just because they're new, you can get 144 fps on modern GPUs and CPUs relatively easily.

I love how in these threads people pretend that the only games in existence are those that were released in the last six to eight months. You can get over 60 fps in most new games at 1080p on that card. If you play games because they're good and not just because they're new, you can get 144 fps on modern GPUs and CPUs relatively easily.

usually people who upgraded their GPU in the last 6-8 months is because they want to play the new games released in the last 6-8 months

Spoiler

usually people who upgraded their GPU in the last 6-8 months is because they want to play the new games released in the last 6-8 months

OP already has a GTX 970, it's the monitor they're upgrading. If they play a mix of older and newer games and the 144Hz is only achieveable in the old games is it suddenly a waste of money? I don't think so. Personally I'd go 1440p instead, but people aren't bothering to find out what kind of games OP even wants to play on the thing before touting what could very well be utter rubbish.

OK OP says they play GTA V and Battlefield which is fair enough, but it's always worth mentioning the bigger picture.

OP already has a GTX 970, it's the monitor they're upgrading. If they play a mix of older and newer games and the 144Hz is only achieveable in the old games is it suddenly a waste of money? I don't think so. Personally I'd go 1440p instead, but people aren't bothering to find out what kind of games OP even wants to play on the thing before touting what could very well be utter rubbish.

When do you think the 970 was released? lol

Do you think he had it from 2008???

Spoiler

When do you think the 970 was released? lol

Do you think he had it from 2008???

You're clearly confused. I'm going to give you a minute to think this through.

Would work great for CS:GO,Dirt 3,Bf4 etc other games wont do that many fps.

You're clearly confused. I'm going to give you a minute to think this through.

Wow you obviously have no idea when the 970 was released...

It was launched september 2014, 8 months ago

This means OP upgraded his GPU less than 8 months ago

Obviously he upgraded to play some of the newer games, because someone playing minesweeper would not need a GPU upgrade to a 970

Which is why I said that people upgrading their GPU in the last 6-8 months would probably want to play the new games released in the last 6-8 months

Maybe you think people upgrade their GPUs to play the same games they did 10 years ago? lol

Oh look, the 970 doesn't even get 144fps at 1080p...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/the-geforce-gtx-970-review-feat-evga

Spoiler

It will work, it just is the monitors refresh rate. The gpu has to do the real processing, but the gpu can be slower, at the pace or even faster depending on what your FPS is. But yes, it will work. Just depends on how fast your GPU is able to create a frame.

-Atlas (or CyberAtlas)

CyberAtlas.co