Does frequency response actual matter in terms of sound

So I'm confused the Steelseries Siberia v3 on steelseries page has a frequency response of 10-28,000 meaning that it sounds better than the hyperx clouds and astros and sennheisers?http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-v3yet on newegg it says it has a frequency response of 20-20k same as asus strix pro and logitech g930? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249156I'm confused HyperX clouds have 15-25k g4me zero/ pc 350 se have 10-26k

d6f.jpg

no

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Between those headsets, no. In real-world usage you won't notice the difference between being able to hear 10-20Hz and 20-28KHz.

"Rawr XD"

no

Between those headsets, no. In real-world usage you won't notice the difference between being able to hear 10-20Hz and 20-28KHz.

So how do you know whats better in terms of sound?

Sorry I didn't know

Not you smartass :) You don't even have one lol

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

If you want better audio, go with an audio vendor like Philips, Audio-Technica, AKG, Beyerdynamic or Sennheiser. 

For gaming @ $100, I would get an open set of cans, say, Philips SHP9500 with a V-Moda Mic that attaches to the headphones.

Here's a list of some other options.

Human ears can only perceive 20hz-20khz. many cant even hear frequencies above 17-18khz.

The ability to reproduce more frequncies =/= better. $2000 iem can only reproduce 20hz - 18khz :P

Human ears can only perceive 20-20khz. many cant even hear frequencies above 17-18khz.

no

Sometimes resellers are wrong. That being said, non-audio companies float their numbers more than real audio vendors. There is also little to no screaming if those same non-audio vendors change their HW without renaming or versioning their products.

If you want better audio, go with an audio vendor like Philips, Audio-Technica, AKG, Beyerdynamic or Sennheiser. 

For gaming @ $100, I would get an open set of cans, say, Philips SHP9500 with a V-Moda Mic that attaches to the headphones.

Here's a list of some other options.

Then whats the point of audiopfile headphones if 20-20k sounds is all the human ear can hear?

Then whats the point of audiopfile headphones if 20-20k sounds is all the human ear can hear?

Some headphones do a better job than others of bringing certain details out, some have faster moving drivers that apparently also can reproduce more frequencies at once. Also some have wider "soundstages" than others, among tons of other things.

The thing that matters more is the frequency response curve, it looks like this, it represents that if a flat-tone is played through the headphone, the headphone will change the levels of volume for each frequency to match close to the curve.

Audeze_sinusoidal(1).jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Some headphones do a better job than others of bringing certain details out, some have faster moving drivers that apparently also can reproduce more frequencies at once. Also some have wider "soundstages" than others, among tons of other things.

The thing that matters more is the frequency response curve, it looks like this, it represents that if a flat-tone is played through the headphone, the headphone will change the levels of volume for each frequency to match close to the curve.

Audeze_sinusoidal(1).jpg

wot  :huh:

wot :huh:

It's the quality that matters or in this case, frequency response graph. This graph shows how loud a particular frequency will sound by a particular headphone.

Eg: people will set the headphone to produce 80db sound at 1khz tone. But at 200hz, the headphone might produce 85db of sound pressure level, indicating an increase in bass

It's the quality that matters or in this case, frequency response graph. This graph shows how loud a particular frequency will sound by a particular headphone.

Eg: people will set the headphone to produce 80db sound at 1khz tone. But at 200hz, the headphone might produce 85db of sound pressure level, indicating an increase in bass

Where can I find one of these charts and compare is straighter lines better?

It was in the link i gave you.

http://graphs.headphone.com/

and others in the sheet

Graph.headphones doesn't have that many headphones you sheet is good but what is impedance. I've heard about drivers but not sure what they are is more better or worse? Same for impedance.

Graph.headphones doesn't have that many headphones you sheet is good but what is impedance. I've heard about drivers but not sure what they are is more better or worse? Same for impedance.

Numbers of driver can improve sound quality, but in general, no. Most headphones will only have 1 driver with in ear monitors being able to have multiple drivers

Impedance is just a measurement of how much voltage you need for your headphone and it's not an indication of the sound quality of the headphone at all

Where can I find one of these charts and compare is straighter lines better?

innerfidelity.com or what the previous guy put. FR graph responds to how the headphone will sound, some people like neutral sounding, some like treble forward, some like bassy. It's just a matter of preference really. It's audio, bad audio is bad but once it's good, they are really subjective

Numbers of driver can improve sound quality, but in general, no. Most headphones will only have 1 driver with in ear monitors being able to have multiple drivers

Impedance is just a measurement of how much voltage you need for your headphone and it's not an indication of the sound quality of the headphone at all

innerfidelity.com or what the previous guy put. FR graph responds to how the headphone will sound, some people like neutral sounding, some like treble forward, some like bassy. It's just a matter of preference really. It's audio, bad audio is bad but once it's good, they are really subjective

It was in the link i gave you.

http://graphs.headphone.com/

and others in the sheet

Aww well I listen to a lot of Pop music so I like bass and mids for bass is lower better? For mids do I want it in the middle? IDK audio technica ath ad500x looks good.

http://graphs.headphone.com/index.php?graphID%5B0%5D=113&graphID%5B1%5D=2631&graphID%5B2%5D=2861&graphID%5B3%5D=2821&scale=25&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Update+Graph

For speakers in a treated room, one can make that argument. But for headphones, what flat even is by the time the sound reaches the ear is more debatable. But of course there are extremes where we know right off the bat, that the FR ain't flat at all (IE, first gen Beats). So with speakers it would be awesome to get a straight line, for headphones that's debatable.

My personal opinion is that a flat sound is the best sound, and the rest can be achieved by EQ. But if somebody has a general listening preferences north or south of neutral (like some guy who wants extra bass on everything), they can forgo a complicated EQ and go to a sound signature closer to what they want. I believe that finding the right FR for your tastes or EQing it to your tastes is one of the most important parts of finding a headphone you like. But, it is very hard to imagine just how a headphone would sound just by staring at a graph. We can make general assumptions though.

Impedance is just a factor on how difficult or easy it is to power a headphone correctly. There are some... almost contrived arguments for what higher impedance may be better sounding, but in practice it's not really a big deal. I think the role impedance plays in sound quality or power requirements are both overblown.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

The conception itself must be corrected first. 'Audiophile headphones', if any, doesn't mean that it must have a frequency range (not frequency response) of below 20Hz to above 20kHz. 

A headphone can still sound good with frequency range of 20Hz-20kHz, and vice versa, another headphone can be crap while having frequency range of, say, 10Hz-35kHz.

Not only that, "20-20k FR" is a super vague specification that means literally nothing. There are great, fun ways of manipulating the numbers to fit the specs when it's that vague. 

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Not only that, "20-20k FR" is a super vague specification that means literally nothing. There are great, fun ways of manipulating the numbers to fit the specs when it's that vague. 

No kidding. Although my sony's are rated for 4-40k hz,  or something ridiculous like that! :D @OP, basically, if you want the best sound, get a real pair of headphones and a modmic or something. If you just want to game, then most headsets will do the trick just fine, although for $100, the hyperx cloud is a very good option. Headphone stuff and sound reproduction is all pretty complicated when you're starting out, but once you get the hang of it... Think about the first time you ver heard of someone building a computer themselves, or something along those lines. It sound hard at first, but you find out that it's all pretty simple (at least the concepts are, definitely NOT the specifics, or testing methods)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Aww well I listen to a lot of Pop music so I like bass and mids for bass is lower better? For mids do I want it in the middle? IDK audio technica ath ad500x looks good.

http://graphs.headphone.com/index.php?graphID%5B0%5D=113&graphID%5B1%5D=2631&graphID%5B2%5D=2861&graphID%5B3%5D=2821&scale=25&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Update+Graph

Are you looking for a headphone to buy right now?

Are you looking for a headphone to buy right now?

Probably by somewhere in the summer. Though planning now