What would you rather do in my place? RM650 or RM750

What would you rather do in my place? (The price doesn't matter)

Buy a Corsair RM750 and got rid of the fan at the bottom or a RM650 with the fan, the thing that I like about the fan is that it gives some nice fresh air to the graphic card.

If I buy the RM750 I will be forced to remove the fan in the bottom because of the PSU length.

The length of the RM650 is 16cm also this is the length of the one that I have now so a bigger one would not fit without removing the fan.
The length of RM750 is 18cm

My system specs: 

- Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB
- Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50GHz
- MSI B85-G41-PCMate ATX Motherboard
- HyperX 8 GB 1600 MH

But I'm going to be changing my GPU to a GTX 980 so this is really why I'm upgrading my PSU but also because of the noise that my old one makes.

I'm asking you guys this because I don't what to have something like that so my PSU uses like 40-50% of it self while in the desktop don't know what it's going to be like while gaming but I don't what it to use it self over 60-70%
Because the RM750 and RM650 has something like that when the PSU is running under the 40% of load the fan doesn't spin but when it goes above the 40% of load the fan starts to spin and even more load it spins faster and faster so that means it makes more noise and that is what I dont what I what the noise level to be always quiet at least I dot what it to spin while in the desktop also not to loud while gaming.

Please leave your suggestions what would you rather do. Thank you :)

post-229360-0-52402400-1431885262_thumb.

Both are overkill. A good 500w would already be plenty. 

If you list where you're shopping/located and budget, we may be able to suggest some better alternatives. 

It might be a better idea to just get a cheaper psu that just doesn't have a loud fan--which include most decent psus.

Moving thread to Cases and Power Supplies.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Buy a Corsair RM750 and got rid of the fan at the bottom or a RM650 with the fan, the thing that I like about the fan is that it gives some nice fresh air to the graphic card.

If I buy the RM750 I will be forced to remove the fan in the bottom because of the PSU length.

The length of the RM650 is 16cm also this is the length of the one that I have now so a bigger one would not fit without removing the fan.
The length of RM750 is 18cm

My system specs: 

- Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC 2GB
- Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50GHz
- MSI B85-G41-PCMate ATX Motherboard
- HyperX 8 GB 1600 MH

But I'm going to be changing my GPU to a GTX 980 so this is really why I'm upgrading my PSU but also because of the noise that my old one makes.

I'm asking you guys this because I don't what to have something like that so my PSU uses like 40-50% of it self while in the desktop don't know what it's going to be like while gaming but I don't what it to use it self over 60-70%
Because the RM750 and RM650 has something like that when the PSU is running under the 40% of load the fan doesn't spin but when it goes above the 40% of load the fan starts to spin and even more load it spins faster and faster so that means it makes more noise and that is what I dont what I what the noise level to be always quiet at least I dot what it to spin while in the desktop also not to loud while gaming.

Please leave your suggestions what would you rather do. Thank you :)

Rm650 should be fine but rm750 is nice if you plan running sli or upgrade to a powerhungry AMD in the future xD

I would do neither. I would get an EVGA psu.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Have a look at the silverstone strider gold PSUs if you need a shorter unit, or the XFX XTR 550/650W which is 170mm which is better quality than the corsair RM series.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Out of the two, I would get the RM650.

but if you can, get the 750W G2 from EVGA.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Neither. The RM is not a great PSU. http://www.overclock.net/t/1455892/why-you-might-not-want-to-buy-a-corsair-rm-psu

Look at options like the EVGA G2/GS, XFX XTR, Antec Edge, and Seasonic G/X instead.

If your PC is running fine you don't need to upgrade your PSU. Keep in mind that GTX 980 uses LESS power then the GTX 760.

"Rawr XD"

I would go for teh GS55 or the GS 650

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.