Does this PSU have enough wattage?

Sneach2
Go to solution Solved by AliveGhost13,

750W is what I'd be looking at. Sure, 650W is enough but over the years taking into account cap degradation and such, it won't last for a few years. Better to get a bigger one and have it last, no use in getting the bare minimum

650W for i7 and dual 970s? I'd say no, especially considering cooling and overclocking.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I would get at least a 750 watt.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

I'd get a 750w just to be safe.

If you want to overclock definitely no. And I presume you will seeing you have a 4790K.

The EVGA 750W G2 is a good choice :) Maybe an RM950 if you want to spend a tad more.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

650W for i7 and dual 970s? I'd say no, especially considering cooling and overclocking.

I would get at least a 750 watt.

I'd get a 750w just to be safe.

If you want to overclock definitely no. And I presume you will seeing you have a 4790K.

The EVGA 750W G2 is a good choice :) Maybe an RM950 if you want to spend a tad more.

oh guys stop it. it's more than enough for that. it will use 500w max under full load fully overclocked.  :lol:  970 sli uses about as much power as a single 290x, would you not run 290x on 650w?  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

For two 980s the 750 is enough but for two 970s a 650 is plenty. I have a 1000w Darkrock Pro PSU and two 970 with an i7 4820k OC to 4.6 and my system load hangs about 600W (both cards are overlocked).

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

750W is what I'd be looking at. Sure, 650W is enough but over the years taking into account cap degradation and such, it won't last for a few years. Better to get a bigger one and have it last, no use in getting the bare minimum

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

Two 980s and an OC'd i7 barely pull 500W for the entire system

power.png

"Rawr XD"

Two 980s and an OC'd i7 barely pull 500W for the entire system

power.png

This isn't the point. Why not just get a 550W PSU then? It's all about the PSU lasting for a few years with this setup, efficiency being good, capacitor degradation being taken into account and so on - it's not always the best idea to go with the bare minimum

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

This isn't the point. Why not just get a 550W PSU then? It's all about the PSU lasting for a few years with this setup, efficiency being good, capacitor degradation being taken into account and so on - it's not always the best idea to go with the bare minimum

I know... I didn't quote you. I was talking to the other guy who said that 650W wouldn't be enough, because it is. I never addressed it towards OP. 

"Rawr XD"

I know... I didn't quote you. I was talking to the other guy who said that 650W wouldn't be enough, because it is. I never addressed it towards OP. 

I was talking from a reasonable point of view. In Linus' video some PSUs work way above their rated wattage, but you have to consider long-term factors, as @AliveGhost13 has mentioned.

You can run a marathon in slippers, sure, but it'd make more sense to get shoes designed for that.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I was talking from a reasonable point of view. In Linus' video some PSUs work way above their rated wattage, but you have to consider long-term factors, as @AliveGhost13 has mentioned.

You can run a marathon in slippers, sure, but it'd make more sense to get shoes designed for that.

650W would still be enough. 550W isn't appropriate, but with SLI 970 I'd take a good quality 650 over a meh 750

"Rawr XD"