Power supply with broken fan blade, safe to use?

TheDj408

Power supply is working great, just shaking a lil bit as the fan blade is broken! 

Is there any harm in using like that? 

Pic is attached! 

TIA :)

Edit- it's spinning! 

Will get replacement in 10-15 days so can I use it till then? 

Broken wing? I don't see any pic btw 

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Power supply is working great, just shaking a lil bit as the wing is broken! 

Is there any harm in using like that? 

Pic is attached! 

TIA :)

Can't see the Pic, but what do u mean by broken wing?

I'm assuming the tab that locks it in place, you can get replacement connectors and just replace entire thing.

having it Wobble could cause some strain on the fan bearing and it could lead to a decrease in life of the fan I will recommend you change the fan if you can or get a new PSU unit.

Do you mean fan blade? 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Shaking? I'm assuming you mean broken fan blade. In that case I wouldn't use it, since that wears out the fan bearings a LOT quicker, and if the fan fails altogether you might not notice it, which may cause your to unknowingly fry your PSU.

"Rawr XD"

Can't see the Pic, but what do u mean by broken wing?

I'm assuming the tab that locks it in place, you can get replacement connectors and just replace entire thing.

PicPic added! 

-PIC-

Ok yeah don't use it, it just wont' work with a missing blade since it'll be unbalanced. Either try to get an RMA or replace the fan yourself but do it at your own risk.

It will be unable to fly, so I don't recommend you use it.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Ok yeah don't use it, it just wont' work with a missing blade since it'll be unbalanced. Either try to get an RMA or replace the fan yourself but do it at your own risk.

I'll get the replacement in 15 days, so will it be okay to use it till then? As I do not have choices! :/

It will be unable to fly, so I don't recommend you use it.

It's spinning! Plus everything is working, I'll get replacement in 15-20 days so is it okay to use it till then?

It's spinning! Plus everything is working, I'll get replacement in 15-20 days so is it okay to use it till then? 

do you have an extra fan you can put in it? if so, do that.

you will probably be ok using it for a few weeks though. keep an eye on it though

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I'll get the replacement in 15 days, so will it be okay to use it till then? As I do not have choices! :/

Unless there is a fanless mode and you make sure not to have it loaded to where the fan will turn on, not really. It's not a good idea to use it unless you replace the fan on that, the fan will make a huge racket since it's unbalanced and there is still a broken blade in there from the looks of things so it might impact it.

Unless there is a fanless mode and you make sure not to have it loaded to where the fan will turn on, not really. It's not a good idea to use it unless you replace the fan on that, the fan will make a huge racket since it's unbalanced and there is still a broken blade in there from the looks of things so it might impact it.

I've removed the broken blade! Power supply is corsair 600M so I guess the quality would be good :) 

I've removed the broken blade! Power supply is corsair 600M so I guess the quality would be good :)

Not reeealllyy

"Rawr XD"