The Witcher 3 Developers Assures Textures Remain the Same from 2013

TwistedDictator
Go to solution Solved by TwistedDictator,

I'd still like to know how it strains the eyes. If it doesn't look good, that's another thing entirely, but that's not what they are claiming. They're claiming that it strains the eyes. Don't confuse the point.

(also I wouldn't know about arma 3 because I don't play arma because I think the engine sucks, granted I have only technically played arma 2 via DayZ standalone)

God why complain? Its their prefernce, they still give users the options to enable more details. This is one reason why we as a PC community get crappy stuff as people like you always cry and complain lol. THEY DIDNT EVEN REMOVE THE FEATURE, YOU CAN JUST TURN IT BACK ON! But you first comment lol It seems like you just jumped the hate wagon lol The worst part is it is the sharpening filter, which no one likes LOOL!

Its ridiculous, I seen xbox users behave better then this...

bigimage3-1021x580.jpg

“We never switched the textures. On pc, you now have the option to activate “Ultra” quality textures with the full resolution. However, the difference that many people see with new and old footage was a strong sharpening filter in 2013 that looks awesome on screenshots and in short videos, but strains the eyes after a short while if there is a lot of movement (leaves and grass swaying in the wind as an example). That’s why it was decided to tone that effect down.
However, people who really want to have it can of course use the Redkit to change the environment settings. It’s just a matter of taste. ; )”

Source

This might get people a bit angry but hey. They are saying there there isnt a downgrade since the 2013 video. I dont know what to say but we have to wait and see till the day of release after the patch. People say the 2013 looks much better but have we really seen the game apart from a gameplay trailer? The same scene at the same time (they have day and night cycle)

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Hey, I thought the postFX was a bit aggressive in 2013 but hey, I can probably write one for the game after it drops if anyone wants.

I'm sure most folk will come to comment "But what about x,y and z effects that I can tell were obviously downgraded because of questionable screenshots that I cannot confirm were actually taken from the PC version since that would tell the world the source is either a pirate or broke NDA and release date?! HUH!?"

-------

Current Rig

-------

......better looking graphics strain the eyes?

However, the difference that many people see with new and old footage was a strong sharpening filter in 2013 that looks awesome on screenshots and in short videos, but strains the eyes after a short while if there is a lot of movement (leaves and grass swaying in the wind as an example). That’s why it was decided to tone that effect down.

Really?

REALLY?

That's this biggest f**king cop-out bullsh*t excuse I've ever f**king heard in my entire life. Stop lying, stop downgrading games to make consoles seem relevant, and just

STOP

I stare at three monitors all day long, a little bit of sway the the leaves and grass (which appears in other games) Isn't going to strain my f**king eyes.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Really?

REALLY?

That's this biggest f**king cop-out bullsh*t excuse I've ever f**king heard in my entire life. Stop lying, stop downgrading games to make consoles seem relevant, and just

STOP

I stare at three monitors all day long, a little bit of sway the the leaves and grass (which appears in other games) Isn't going to strain my f**king eyes.

Have you ever had shitty post-processing filters annoy you, such as shittily done AA, motion blur, and sharpening?

I have, and I'm sure many others have as well.

Really?

REALLY?

STOP

Then use sweetfx to add back in sharpening.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

No need he said you can turn it back on with their game editor:

However, people who really want to have it can of course use the Redkit to change the environment settings. It’s just a matter of taste. ; )”

-------

Current Rig

-------

The textures weren't the issue it was tesselation and other effects to do with the lighting. Then again none of us have our hands on the game yet so we can't say for sure. Saying that some effects looked a bit exaggerated and would not always transfer well over to gameplay.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I got it for free so i couldn't care less. Super excited for this game.

No need he said you can turn it back on with their game editor:

Lol, they seem to have it covered then... 

And btw, the filter looks like a luma sharpen. Just in case you want it for other games.

Have you ever had shitty post-processing filters annoy you, such as shittily done AA, motion blur, and sharpening?

I have, and I'm sure many others have as well.

SweetFX pops to mind...ones that overly sharpen the image and add too much contrast :/

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

He also said you can turn it back on so go nuts chief.

Shouldn't have to do that amount of work to get a game to it's stock max settings on PC.

The idea that they did this "because it strained your eyes" is utter bullsh*t, just the same as people claiming "above 30fps strains your eyes" is bullsh*t.

He's simply throwing stuff against the wall, to see what will stick.

Shouldn't have to do that amount of work to get a game to it's stock max settings on PC.

Now you're just being disingenuous trying to distract from the glaring omission you made before you went on your rant.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Now you're just being disingenuous trying to distract from the glaring omission you made before you went on your rant.

Not really. Their excuse that "it strains your eyes" is utter and complete BS, and makes no sense. If what he's saying were true, then why does staring out my window at the woods on a windy day not hurt my eyes?

It's a bullsh*t excuse for them to step things down to make the consoles look less like crap.

Seriously, explain to me how a bit more movement in the leaves and grass is going to strain my eyes, because I've no idea how that can be bothersome, but 64 man matches on small maps on TDM on BF3 with triple monitor surround going, don't hurt my eyes (just my pride...because I get pwned a lot)

Not really. Their excuse that "it strains your eyes" is utter and complete BS, and makes no sense. If what he's saying were true, then why does staring out my window at the woods on a windy day not hurt my eyes?

You know the answer to that full well I'm not continuing this conversation.

-------

Current Rig

-------

You know the answer to that full well I'm not continuing this conversation.

Actually I don't, I will guess, but please explain.

1. It's a bullsh*t excuse

2. It's because I'm acclimated to the use of triple monitors, or am just so used to being in front of a monitor all day that my eyes are addicted to the "strain".

3. Staring out a window at trees is different than staring at a monitor (it is).

Seriously, explain.

Hey, I thought the postFX was a bit aggressive in 2013 but hey, I can probably write one for the game after it drops if anyone wants.

I would appreciate it, don't know how to use the kit (I will certainly try tho). But I'll like to see it on or off when I play to see which one I prefer.

Actually I don't, I will guess, but please explain.

1. It's a bullsh*t excuse

2. It's because I'm acclimated to the use of triple monitors, or am just so used to being in front of a monitor all day that my eyes are addicted to the "strain".

3. Staring out a window at trees is different than staring at a monitor (it is).

Seriously, explain.

Regardless of if it's bullshit or not, there's a sharpen option in the postprocess menu that a far as I know has been off in every PC showcase. So.... It's still in the damn game. Nearly no work at all.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Regardless of if it's bullshit or not, there's a sharpen option in the postprocess menu that a far as I know has been off in every PC showcase. So.... It's still in the damn game. Nearly no work at all.

It's not whether or not it's in the game, it's whether or not it's turned off by default. That's my concern. And the "postprocess" menu? Is that the graphics menu? (legit asking that lol).

From what I read, you'd have to change something in game files, via the game editor (which I assume is something like the Elder Scrolls Construction Set.)

@Member='Trik'Stari']

.....this is me normally when dev's fiddle with games and reduce something for some BS reason.

(also, I'm not hungry, I'm drunk at this time of night)

It's not whether or not it's in the game, it's whether or not it's turned off by default. That's my concern. And the "postprocess" menu? Is that the graphics menu? (legit asking that lol).

From what I read, you'd have to change something in game files, via the game editor (which I assume is something like the Elder Scrolls Construction Set.)

It's a subsection of the graphics menu. It's been shown in a couple videos of people claiming to play on ultra and then half the settings are off.

Redkit is CDPR's creation kit, basically. I assume that even the sharpen in the game,) is not quite as overbearing, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned the redkit.

Regardless, I'm getting it. I'll be happy to upload some uncompressed 1440p gameplay if you guys want, showing off multiple setting changes (and maybe some sweetfx to color shift)

Daily Driver:

I've read somewhere that blue light from LED supposed to be bad to be stared at for long periods.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I've read somewhere that blue light from LED supposed to be bad to be stared at for long periods.

Staring at any bright light is bad.
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552