I feel good for dumb things.

Tairetsu

So,I just teared down my entire PC,clean it using sink water and put it back up using only 2 old non-magnetic screwdrivers that were not the right size for half the screws,with no manuals,alone and without ever building a PC in my entire life,it may sound kinda dumb for most of you but I feel kinda proud of myself,so I just wanted to share it with ya :P.

i did this today with my 770 :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

why the hell would you clean your motherboard, GPU, and hard drives using water in a sink?!?!?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

GG, hope ya didnt break anything.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I've had to wash thermal electric grease off of gpu's before.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Tairetsu there is nothing wrong with being proud of yourself for finishing a task you wanted done.  I enjoy working on pcs and I wish I could do it as job but for now it is only a hobby and anyway I remember many times being quite proud of myself for the work I did with pcs.  It is the one thing I can do right much of the time in this world.  Anyway hopefully the components have dried out and you don't end up frying the pc when you plug it back in.  Make sure you give it enough time for it to dry.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

how long did you let it dry?

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Hats off to you if it still runs after that ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

why the hell would you clean your motherboard, GPU, and hard drives using water in a sink?!?!?

Because it was very very dirty and I do not have access to compressed air :P.

how long did you let it dry?

About 5 hours,the heatsinks were not fully dry when I put them back in their place,but thankfully that did not matter much.

Hats off to you if it still runs after that ... 

I posted the OP from it :)

do-you-not.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Because it was very very dirty and I do not have access to compressed air :P.

a HDD will die if it gets water inside it...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

a HDD will die if it gets water inside it...

The HDD was not very dirty thankfully,so of course I did not use water in it,or the disc drive,RAM and PSU. 

The HDD was not very dirty thankfully,so of course I did not use water in it,or the disc drive,RAM and PSU. 

ok good

Spoiler

you could have killed yourself washing the psu in the sink.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I hope you pulled the BIOS battery out. If you leave it in the mobo there is still current running through it, you know that right?

I hope you pulled the BIOS battery out. If you leave it in the mobo there is still current running through it, you know that right?

Actually I did not,so I will have to remember that next time. 

Right...

Not like I'm looking forward to my MOBO getting oxide in it :P

I once cleaned off a CPU's thermal compound by wiping it off then leaving it in soak in a sink. It worked fine. I just didn't have any rubbing/isopropyl alcohol around.