[Social Media] Average guy takes a selfie, essentially gets labeled a child molester

Guest Kloaked
Go to solution Solved by melias24,

What the actually fuk........ushima 

Media is full of dumb dogs and faggots, this is BS poor bloke...If a woman did that nothing would have even been said

Holly crap!

So, you are a man, walking in a hopping mall and you are automatically being considered a perv if toy say a word to some random kids. 

We basically lost 200 years of civilization, and are back to public lynching because of PREJUDICE. Everyone is judge, jury and EXECUTIONER. And the worst part? This is all happening behind the victim's knowledge or any chance of defense.

I am beginning to think that we have not matured enough as a society to be given so much freedom online ...

I really hope he sues that woman.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

The problem was that he was that there are people who judge, and unfortunately this can happen to anyone. I feel very bad that he took his first picture for his family and was shot down. I think it mostly comes to bad luck.

The problem was that he was that there are people who judge, and unfortunately this can happen to anyone. I feel very bad that he took his first picture for his family and was shot down. I think it mostly comes to bad luck.

Yes but not really: People unaware of things can easily be molded into an opinion through active deception and selective reporting. I'll give you an example. I used to visit Destructoid.com a few years back but as time went on they were hell bent on promoting SJW type articles and got rid of one of their best writers and editors at the time, Jim Sterling. On top of that he was one of the only ones who gave even a little bit of a shit about PC gaming with truly rookie and uninformed writers posting crap articles about PC games that were not indie darlings once in a blue moon.

Fast forward to yesterday when I was truly and exceptionally bored going through all my bookmarks when I look into an abandoned folder carried over from Firefox with Destructoid as one of the sites. And I thought to myself "The way things are, I'm sure I will find a SJW piece on the front page and the typical eco chamber of ridiculousness" and sure enough, a female gamer on a tournament that allegedly was treated badly but clearly baited people and its now raising a stink about misogyny. No true exchange of ideas, no questioning of her inconsistent behavior just the aforementioned eco chamber of SJW nonsense. Truly an anti-gamer website that still passes itself as a gaming website nonetheless.

A lot of people read sites like that to look over information on their favorite games, yet all their find on there is story after story of misogynistic this and discrimination that. That is literally the first thing they will see and think "Oh boy, looks like gamers are a bunch of macho pigs!" without knowing how this people cherry pick cases and stories to serve their own agenda and that of their friends that just happen to be the indie game devs they often cover.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The article from Australian website is shit ! Doesnt explain the whole incident clearly and got me confused.

After reading few lines on daily mail I understand completely what happened.

Paranoid mum....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

@Kloaked man is not 60, he is 40. It says that in the 1st article u linked lol.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Yes but not really: People unaware of things can easily be molded into an opinion through active deception and selective reporting. I'll give you an example. I used to visit Destructoid.com a few years back but as time went on they were hell bent on promoting SJW type articles and got rid of one of their best writers and editors at the time, Jim Sterling. On top of that he was one of the only ones who gave even a little bit of a shit about PC gaming with truly rookie and uninformed writers posting crap articles about PC games that were not indie darlings once in a blue moon.

Fast forward to yesterday when I was truly and exceptionally bored going through all my bookmarks when I look into an abandoned folder carried over from Firefox with Destructoid as one of the sites. And I thought to myself "The way things are, I'm sure I will find a SJW piece on the front page and the typical eco chamber of ridiculousness" and sure enough, a female gamer on a tournament that allegedly was treated badly but clearly baited people and its now raising a stink about misogyny. No true exchange of ideas, no questioning of her inconsistent behavior just the aforementioned eco chamber of SJW nonsense. Truly an anti-gamer website that still passes itself as a gaming website nonetheless.

A lot of people read sites like that to look over information on their favorite games, yet all their find on there is story after story of misogynistic this and discrimination that. That is literally the first thing they will see and think "Oh boy, looks like gamers are a bunch of macho pigs!" without knowing how this people cherry pick cases and stories to serve their own agenda and that of their friends that just happen to be the indie game devs they often cover.

I know what you mean, I can feel how articles are promoted with that cause, especially as a very aware male.

@Kloaked man is not 60, he is 40. It says that in the 1st article u linked lol.

Thanks. I at one time while writing the post confused the community posts they added in at the end of the article for part of the article. I think I changed that twice while I was writing it and forgot to change it back the last time.

What's really sad is that his name has been dragged though the dirt and can't be cleaned. Even if the woman apologized his reputation will still be very damaged.

When it comes to things like this you are basically guilty until proven innocent (if you are a man at least). The person who shouted "sicko" at him didn't even have any evidence other than someone on Facebook uploading a picture of him just walking around in a mall, and yet he/she still assumed that it was true.

I don't think punishing the mom is a good idea though. You don't want to make people scared of reporting things that might actually be dangerous. So even though she is a prejudgemental idiot, punishing her might do more harm than good. People just need to learn that not all men are rapists. 99.999% of people are good people with good intentions.

Holly crap!

So, you are a man, walking in a hopping mall and you are automatically being considered a perv if toy say a word to some random kids. 

We basically lost 200 years of civilization, and are back to public lynching because of PREJUDICE. Everyone is judge, jury and EXECUTIONER. And the worst part? This is all happening behind the victim's knowledge or any chance of defense.

I am beginning to think that we have not matured enough as a society to be given so much freedom online ...

I've seen a story (not sure of the legitimacy) where a man took to his fatherly instincts to help a female child after she hurt herself on a playground. The mother was oblivious while this was happening for a while, but noticed the man while he was giving the child a hug or something and began screaming at him to let her daughter go, calling him names and whatever else.

Dude said he's so happy that he's a target of suspicion of child molestation thanks to all of the fear mongering in the media and just fear in general of what happens to children.

What really bothers me is that the poor man can't get his rep back the way it was before. The greaf that mum had cause to him and family and friends is beyond unbelievable.

Reminds me off cases where women have falsely accused men of rape. And then they win because they're good actors. 

For a second I read that as 

"Reminds me of cases where women have falsely accused me of rape.And then they win because they're good actors."

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Let's throw some gasoline in this fire: In my opinion, misguided and paranoid women like the one on the article are created by women like Anita that don't really believe half the crap they claim but only do it to further their careers but leave women thinking every man in the planet is a potential rapist and child molester and all but confirmed if he plays videogames.

giphy.gif

I don't think punishing the mom is a good idea though. You don't want to make people scared of reporting things that might actually be dangerous. So even though she is a prejudgemental idiot, punishing her might do more harm than good. People just need to learn that not all men are rapists. 99.999% of people are good people with good intentions.

I agree with all but the last sentence.

Fairly sure more than .001% of people don't have your best interest at heart.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Some people are cancer and shouldn't be allowed to go on the internet or interact with people, if their IQ level is below 100.

IQ isnt a good measurement of intelligence 

this is a warning to anyone contemplating taking a selfy, Don't do it!

Gee that lady sure was a fine one to talk , calling him a molester when she was stalking him for God knows how long ... Creepy af

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Gee that lady sure was a fine one to talk , calling him a molester when she was stalking him for God knows how long ... Creepy af

I wonder how the story would have played out of if the genders were reversed.

"40 year old man accuses mom for being a child molester, then stalks and secretly takes photos of her".

I am 99% sure most people would have sided with the mom.

What the actually fuk........ushima 

Media is full of dumb dogs and faggots, this is BS poor bloke...If a woman did that nothing would have even been said

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one