The Witcher 3 has been pre-ordered 1 million times

Bouzoo

Kinda feel like CDPR earned it. People who have sworn not to pee order have done so on games like GTA V and W3. CDPR has earned a good rep and trust of the people, and that's why they're flying off the shelves before they're even there

That how this preorder bullshit all starts. A company builds up a good reputation and following and eventually gets lazy and sloppy and starts releasing junk. Dont assume just because a company has a good track record doesnt mean they are above becoming corrupt. There was a time DICE had a great reputation and now i wouldnt touch one of their games (when it comes to pre ordering that is) with a 10 foot pole.

I know i sound cynical but i pre ordered  BF4 (enjoyed BF3 a lot despite some bugs) and we all know how well that went. I learned the hard way. Never pre order a game

i got mine SUPER CHEAP, so yeah I pre-ordered it from GOG. 

I pre-ordererd twice :)

I pre-ordered from Steam originally, but then realized that GOG offered a discount if you owned the two previous games.  I cancelled my Steam order and pre-ordered through GOG instead.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

I pre-ordered from Steam originally, but then realized that GOG offered a discount if you owned the two previous games.  I cancelled my Steam order and pre-ordered through GOG instead.

Lol Steam offer the same discount.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Know how CDPR are anti-DRM, anti paid DLC etcI wish they were also anti-preorder (although congrats to them)

Finally somebody with a brain

The DLC thing not so much anymore: there will be paid only DLC and even a season pass. I am unsure if they will behave better than major publishers (very likely) and as for the anti-DRM stance that is still true.

-------

Current Rig

-------

The DLC thing not so much anymore: there will be paid only DLC and even a season pass. I am unsure if they will behave better than major publishers (very likely) and as for the anti-DRM stance that is still true.

Yeah DRM is bad an all but there are more issues with the industry than that, - Paid high quality DLC is not an issue though so thats fine

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That how this preorder bullshit all starts. A company builds up a good reputation and following and eventually gets lazy and sloppy and starts releasing junk. Dont assume just because a company has a good track record doesnt mean they are above becoming corrupt. There was a time DICE had a great reputation and now i wouldnt touch one of their games (when it comes to pre ordering that is) with a 10 foot pole.

I know i sound cynical but i pre ordered  BF4 (enjoyed BF3 a lot despite some bugs) and we all know how well that went. I learned the hard way. Never pre order a game

That's not true. EA has been hated since the fucking 90s and many still preorder their games and such. The main reason is because they posses valuable IPs people want and it takes a very well informed consumer to know how they have screwed over IPs and developers in the past for one to learn not to trust EA with preorders.

There was never any good faith towards EA that made people think "Yeah I will preorder that game, I trust them!" Said good faith was perhaps invested in the dev studios like Bioware or Maxis by people unaware of the history of EA and their systematic dev studio genocide and their very heavy influence on said dev studios.

-------

Current Rig

-------

One that really teaches someone not to preorder for its "content" is FF13-3. Whoo boy was that a disaster! Oh, and any of the latest AC games. :lol:

But oh well. It is their money and their interests. If they want to vote with their wallets this way, then so be it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Publisher's heaven :( , gamers' nightmare....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Lol Steam offer the same discount.

I didn't have the first two games through Steam, so that discount was not available to me.  I can prove it through GOG though just by registering my game keys.

Actually there is nothing on Steam's page for this game that implies they have a similar discount, I don't think they actually offer it.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

I didn't have the first two games through Steam, so that discount was not available to me. I can prove it through GOG though just by registering my game keys.

Actually there is nothing on Steam's page for this game that implies they have a similar discount, I don't think they actually offer it.

Fair enough but they do offer it as I got it.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Why would they NEED to sell that much?

making this kind of project is enough to ruin your company if it's not successful , i wouldn't be surprised if the amount of money invested by CD Project Red is higher than Rockstar on Gta V, don't forget than steam and console take a piece of the pie to.

there a few factors that make me believe this :

-> mmo type huge world with tons of events

->voice acting, especially if you want high quality and tons of it

-> q&a, the world is huge and you need to make sure everything works

-> marketing, every game needs to do it if it wants to sell , the bigger the project the more you want to invest in it.

-> pushing the release back

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

What is this infatuation with pre-purchases? I never understood the logic in this. You wait for a game to come out, look at reviews, then buy it if they are good. In my day there was no such thing as pre-purchases. When a game came out, you looked at reviews if they were good you bought it if they were bad you didn't. But pre-purchasing a game before you even know whether it is good or not? Why? That's like ordering a burger without even knowing what's going to be on it. You don't know what fixings are on it; sauces, vegetables, toppings. Not even a picture to show you what it looks like. Then you get it and it's a 50/50 chance of it being a dog turd with a slice of cheese stuck between a hamburger bun.

I can give you my personal view. I am usually quite AGAINST pre-orders in general (I even have the Totalbiscuit shirt) but I have made an exception for this game for two main reasons. Firstly is the discount, which for a high priced release is actually significant enough fo me to consider buying it early. The second reason, which sinched it, as it were, is that CD projekt Red is a developer that treats customers right and as part of that, they have been showing off footage and pre/review builds for a long time now.

So an open attitude combined with a financial incentive give me both the cause and confidence to pre-order THIS title, but not others.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

What do you get if you pre-order the game?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

"CDPR makes good games so its okay to pre-order" ahead of a potential shitstorm if the downgrade issues are in fact true. 

"Bungie makes good games so its okay to pre-order" ahead of Destiny, which had everything going for it including the reputation of the studio that made Halo. We all know how that one went. 

"Ubisoft makes good games so its okay to pre-order" ahead of the disaster they turned Unity into. 

I wonder what developer people will say "its okay to preorder" from next year? 

"CDPR makes good games so its okay to pre-order" ahead of a potential shitstorm if the downgrade issues are in fact true. 

"Bungie makes good games so its okay to pre-order" ahead of Destiny, which had everything going for it including the reputation of the studio that made Halo. We all know how that one went. 

"Ubisoft makes good games so its okay to pre-order" ahead of the disaster they turned Unity into. 

I wonder what developer people will say "its okay to preorder" from next year? 

Fallout 4? That would've been a fiasco

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Fallout 4? That would've been a fiasco

I thought status quo even before the ModGhazi was to assume that anything coming from Bethesda is buggy as shit and needs a year for modders to fix anyways. 

I thought status quo even before the ModGhazi was to assume that anything coming from Bethesda is buggy as shit and needs a year for modders to fix anyways. 

There's still a ton of Fallout shills, just like Witcher shills, who will still pre-order the game no matter what.

I got it with my GPU....so Nvidia has to count for some of those preorders!

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

The only thing I'm wondering about this is if it includes the Nvidia codes or not.

More than likely they will.