NEW - Razer Hammerhead, Hammerhead PRO

zaxmazr

"Hammering in the bass with the new Razer Hammerhead Pro in-ear music & gaming headset."

Retails for:

• $49.99 Normal
  • $69.99 PRO

Thoughts on these?

Linus, you going to request a pair to review?

I honestly wouldn't shell out $50+ for a pair of in-ears, but that's just me. But I do understand that Razer has a strong following and people will be blinded by the neon snake and would even pay $125 for these.

Been around since the beginning of LTT & the forums, but mostly just lurk!

just no

This is how I feel. Plus, these just sound like their going to be wayyyyy to bass-y. And too much bass with in-ear headphones are always stupid.

These will be like beats

Except Beats are literally twice as much.

Massive bass = bleeding ear drums.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

They look pretty cheap in the pictures, they just seem like standard in-ear headphones with Razer branding and a higher price tag.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Well every headset I've ever tried from Razer has been tinny bass-less noise, so maybe adding a little bass could be a step in the right direction for them  :rolleyes: 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

If I was going to spend 60 bucks on earphones, they'd be something like these:

http://www.mezeheadphones.com/meze11classics.html

i.e. something that has actually had the input of a sound engineer and not some bass-head that only cares about whether the people living in the next block can hear the beat of his dubstep.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

sheesh I never knew so many people hate Razer lol

If I was going to spend 60 bucks on earphones, they'd be something like these:

http://www.mezeheadphones.com/meze11classics.html

i.e. something that has actually had the input of a sound engineer and not some bass-head that only cares about whether the people living in the next block can hear the beat of his dubstep.

Dang, those are sexy looking!

I will admit they do look kind of cool but they will probably be just like the beats....So I agree with everybody else when they say "No.....just no...." :)

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

If Razer didn't change their colors from blue to green I would have thought about getting it but green is just not my color.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Whats with CM storm releasing Pitch earphones and now Razer releasing Hammerheads

More crap poisoning the audio market with overpowering bass and generally bad sound. Great.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Might be a premature judgement, but these look like the kind of headsets that you pay a lot for just because of the branding. But that's kind of what Razer is all about isn't it? At least it's not as bad as Beats, where you basically pay hundreds for headsets 30$ worth. 

Don't judge headphones based on them being in-ear though. There are extremely awesome ones, that just fit perfectly, sound absolutely amazing and balanced, but you got to pay quite a lot for these.

i7 4770K - Maximus VI Formula - GTX 780 Ti - Corsair 900D 

I love razer, they're my favorite company, but I would never ever pay more than 40 dollars (50 if they're really really good) for in ear headphones

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

More crap poisoning the audio market with overpowering bass and generally bad sound. Great.

my thoughts exactly

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Vivek on Anandtech did a short article on his impressions on them.

Quick summary: They are very bass heavy and warm sound. Get the Logitech Ultimate Ears 600 if you want more accurate sound, unless you listen to a lot of hip hop and other bass heavy music. It seems like they were better than he expected though.

Lots of people hating on these. When they have no idea how well they sound. Just assuming that they will be like beats. Did you guys think that they are just marketing when they talk about bass. Look what beats did and how many people buy them. Its how you sell things

The one thing to haave to give to razer is that their naming schemes are pretty well followed (family of sharks for the audio related products) and every product they come up with follows that scheme. At least they havent broke that

To be fair, "hammerhead", to me, implies big headphones, because you know, a hammerhead shark has a big wide head.

Terrible name in my opinion.