Parvum Build: Chocolate Orange!

I thought my motherboard needed abit of Orange accents so I just painted the cpu block and the southbridge heat sink and the motherboard backplate.

There won't be any more updates until the case arrives this week hopefully,

Cheers.

Oooohhhh yesssss!

10/12mm clear acrylic.

Nickel fittings.

Use PETG instead of acrylic, it heats at a lower temp and is less likely to shatter/crack when cutting.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

i wish Parvum made a full ATX case, i can't use an M-ATX or M-ITX case :(

You can ask them to custom build you an ATX case if you really wanted one.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

You can ask them to custom build you an ATX case if you really wanted one.

But it's SOOO expensive

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Use PETG instead of acrylic, it heats at a lower temp and is less likely to shatter/crack when cutting.

Yeah I would have but I can't get it in Australia, and anyway I have like 30 1metre sections of acrillic so I might as well use it lol.

Yeah I would have but I can't get it in Australia, and anyway I have like 30 1metre sections of acrillic so I might as well use it lol.

Ok cool that makes sense.

looking good, about the hard drives though you said that you will use the 3TB drive for games and storage etc, but dont you want the games drive to run as fast as possible?

if so then a SSHD is faster than a normal HDD, and if you have 2x 1TB (wow how big) SSD drives then could you use one as a "Steam" folder drive just for steam?

as if you intend to run raid buy using the 2x SSD, it will make windows run faster or more reliable depending which raid you use, but not so much on the game and entertainment side if they are on an old type HDD? atlest a SSHD it will save the game cashe on the flash memory and so you will get quicker load times etc.

well just a thought,

I like all the custom work your doing and painting, dat m/board she is so sweet and cute,

got to love Asus components

looking good, about the hard drives though you said that you will use the 3TB drive for games and storage etc, but dont you want the games drive to run as fast as possible?

if so then a SSHD is faster than a normal HDD, and if you have 2x 1TB (wow how big) SSD drives then could you use one as a "Steam" folder drive just for steam?

as if you intend to run raid buy using the 2x SSD, it will make windows run faster or more reliable depending which raid you use, but not so much on the game and entertainment side if they are on an old type HDD? atlest a SSHD it will save the game cashe on the flash memory and so you will get quicker load times etc.

well just a thought,

I like all the custom work your doing and painting, dat m/board she is so sweet and cute,

I just use the SSD for boot drive and 4-5 of my most used games which I want fast load times, other games I don't really mind waiting abit longer

Update:

I have ordered a panel for the Parvum s2.0 which will allow me to add another 240mm radiator in the bottom of the case.

Also I ordered filters for all the intakes as Parvum don't include any, and originally I was going to use mayhems pastel Orange coolant but i changed it to clear Orange coolant as i think it'll suit the build better.

Cheers.

This is the colour I'm using

As promised some potato pics of the build :)

This is just a rough layout so far

Had to fit the watercooled HDD at the back as it won't fit in the front :(

And I don't think I can put an extra rad in the bottom as the gpu's take too much room up.

It'll look much better once finished :D

love the case, it just suits the whole build. do you have to custom cut the cable lengths at the back? (mainly for the 24 pin)

After watching the hard drive comparison video Linus made recently i still think the old school HDD should be replaced be an SSHD or a SSD now. 

maybe you could integrate a Pci-e SSD with a remote pci-e cable and mount the pcb where your HDD and cooler is and use the cooler to cool it. 

There is pci-e and M.2 in different sizes that might work. Just an idea (and challenge) 

love the case, it just suits the whole build. do you have to custom cut the cable lengths at the back? (mainly for the 24 pin)

After watching the hard drive comparison video Linus made recently i still think the old school HDD should be replaced be an SSHD or a SSD now. 

maybe you could integrate a Pci-e SSD with a remote pci-e cable and mount the pcb where your HDD and cooler is and use the cooler to cool it. 

There is pci-e and M.2 in different sizes that might work. Just an idea (and challenge)

Cheers man,

As much as I'd love to something like that I've spent far too much cash on computers atm, good idea though.

With the cables there's plenty of room in the back so I'm not gonna go through the trouble and pain of doing that.

-snip-

I hope you have forgotten to buy cable combs...right? ;D

nevermind this still looks sooo d*mn awsome!:D

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

I hope you have forgotten to buy cable combs...right? ;D

nevermind this still looks sooo d*mn awsome!:D

Na I'm not that fussed really. As long as the cables don't look messy etc. and I can only get combs in America

Na I'm not that fussed really. As long as the cables don't look messy etc. and I can only get combs in America

Yeah they are fully optional :D

but still im impressed

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

you can also easy make your own, piece of plastic with a drill press and drill near the edge in a straight line with just enough of the hole on the edge to leave a small gap to push each cable into. 

The BitFenix fans would look great if you painted the inner part of the chassis orange. :D over all I really like your build so far.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Ok so I've had some unexpected issues with the build today.

I was all finished ready to show you guys the finished build, went to turn the pc on annnnnndddd??

It bloody didn't boot :(

Unfortunately I had to disassemble the entire loop pull everything out and test the lot to fix the issue!!

Luckily everything is all good now hopefully :) but this set me back another day.

Just have to rebuild it In time for the Witcher 3 launch :D

Cheers guys.

Ok so I've had some unexpected issues with the build today.

I was all finished ready to show you guys the finished build, went to turn the pc on annnnnndddd??

It bloody didn't boot :(

Unfortunately I had to disassemble the entire loop pull everything out and test the lot to fix the issue!!

Luckily everything is all good now hopefully :) but this set me back another day.

Just have to rebuild it In time for the Witcher 3 launch :D

Cheers guys.

What was the issue?