Fx 6300 vs i3 4150

It's not for me but for a guy on whatsapp

Which is better? Most benchmarks are in the favour of the 6300 hmm 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Never had 4150, but 6300 is a lovely cheap processor, just get another cooler, because stock is a jet.

I am sorry for my english.

It's not for me but a guy asking for advice on whatsapp

Both are good cpu's but it really depends on the use and type of games if gaming.

But I really like i3's.

4150 beats even the FX-8 in games.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

i3

It's not for me but a guy asking for advice on whatsapp

Depends on your workload

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/351398-amd-fx-6-month-conclusion/

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

fx because current games such as gta v starting to take advantage of extra core

I've been rocking a 6300 for a few years and I'm still happy with it. But an aftermarket cooler is a must if you care about noise level in the slightest

Depends on workload. Right now the I3 is generally better for gaming, and has a better upgrade potential, if that is important. The fx can do better with specific workloads.

Wow it's difficult to make a decision xD 

Everybody is answering both. 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

i3, benchmarks indicate an overall better performance ( as well as newer mobos and thus features)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

i3. FX has suuuch bad single core performance, and no upgrade path, if you get an i3, you can later get an i5, i7, or Xeon without changing motherboards. Each AMD core is doing well under half the work of an Intel core at the same clock speed. FX has lots of frame dips. Only in games/programs that use lots of core well, only then can the FX break even with Intel, but Intel is usually better anyway. FX is an ancient design that hasn't been updated in a while, don't buy into technology from the past. There are plenty of people on this forum who bought AMD, only to post months later that they regreted it, and the switch to Intel gave the the gains they thought they would get in the first place.

fx because current games such as gta v starting to take advantage of extra core

"Taking advantage of extra cores" is not to be confused with "prefers extra cores to faster cores." Most benchmarks show that even when cores do matter, the real gains are still coming from a faster architecture. Four Haswell cores are consistently faster in games than AMD's entire product line-up; two hyperthreaded Haswell cores are usually at least as fast.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8316/amds-5-ghz-turbo-cpu-in-retail-the-fx9590-and-asrock-990fx-extreme9-review/8

i3 is better than fx series for gaming

i3, you saw the benchmarks. 

And then add an i5 down the road for a near perfect build. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi.