Am I the only one who hates Smurfs? [CS:GO]

Tim Drake

Smurf is CS:GO language not English

kRQBkqd_700wa_0.gif

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

how? what if you were the lowest rank, and some amazing player was playing their first competitive match and utterly stomped you

would you feel angry then?

I guess it doesn't bother me or make me angry enough to care, so you lost to a  better player, should give your more incentive to practice and improve so one day you can beat them

No you don't seem to get CS:GO.

A rank will rarely be paired with someone unranked thus defeating your point..

IDK man. I think I've never played against one.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

kRQBkqd_700wa_0.gif

This GIF has made my day :3

No you don't seem to get CS:GO.

A rank will rarely be paired with someone unranked thus defeating your point..

Yeah.....I know they will be paired. I dont think you understand my point

2 players, one has never played CS:GO before... one is an experienced player who has never played a ranked game - they will both be put in the same match

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yeah.....I know they will be paired. I dont think you understand my point

2 players, one has never played CS:GO before... one is an experienced player who has never played a ranked game - they will both be put in the same match

Well obviously that's going to happen or how will they get placed?

I am not complaining about unranked I am complaining about people who make second account just to do better or get a second rank.

I've done it quite a bit, but only when forced to.  At some point rank disparity won't even let you search with other lower ranked people, so you have to smurf to play with them.

But smurfing for "fun" is a dick move, as is doing it because you just don't want to "rank down" playing with lower ranked people.  The system aggregates your team's rank, and finds another team with a similar average rank, it evens out...

one is an experienced player who has never played a ranked game

No human being alive who has never played CS:GO competitive is going to enter competitive for the first time and be anything higher than nova level.  You don't naturally become a DMG.

-snip-

While I can see the appeal of smurfing, it can be very annoying, especially when you're first starting and every second game you get demolished. It took me ~20 straight wins top fragging to get out of silvers and my games are so much better now that I'm out. The people you encounter at roughly nova 3 and above are much nicer, making it easier to be friendly back. People can see the positive of both won and lost rounds and learn from them.

I had to stop playing a couple months back because of smurfs but after the latest banning I started again and I'm really enjoying it now.

Well obviously that's going to happen or how will they get placed?

I am not complaining about unranked I am complaining about people who make second account just to do better or get a second rank.

I know, I am just saying how do you know the difference, sure its a bit of a dick move, but I guess it wouldnt annoy me when I was playing IDK

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I know, I am just saying how do you know the difference, sure its a bit of a dick move, but I guess it wouldnt annoy me when I was playing IDK

What do you mean how do I know the difference?

It tells you their rank at the end of the game :/

See obviously there are certain circumstances but it would pain me knowing i'm ruining peoples days.

This just might be me being a dick but dropping aces and clutches and 4 pieces in games gets me all hyped.

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

My smurf account has been banned, kicked, and reported. Yet I'm a Nova 2 and I just love trolling, TKing, and occasionally play the game with just MP9's and Mac-10's. But my smurf account = fun for me.

Why ruin so many peoples days just to better your own?

You seriously are pathetic.

Call me pathetic along with the other 100's of people that are one the same boat as me. A high ranked player that wants to own little scrublets. You truly don't understand how much fun it is, plus it's a video game... if you seriously care about your rank then play 5 man stacked lobbies with friends. I only smurf because it's funny for me and usually the other teammates like my smurf account when I'm knifing or zuesing only because I can make those shots/kills against nooby players lel. Also I sometimes actually play with 100% effort and 9/10 times our team wins with me being the top fragger. I have a new revelation, silvers don't have ears... and cry me a river if your so salty about smurfs.

Yup definitely a stuck up jerk.

Then again, it was obvious when I saw your build ;)

P.S I'm a Gold Nova :D

I am a gold nova 2. My biggest problem are not SMURFs but bad teams. 

If you play as a team and know what you are doing, you can win against a SMURF. I do look at them as challenges more than anything else. 

Smurf-Eating-Baby1.jpg

No, what pisses me off are hackers and teammates that will rush the same position every round as CT. Or people who don't know the meaning of walking. Solo Q is such a toss up ... 

And I really see a difference with the latest VACations. Ban waves do work for a short while. 

- Snip -

This is pretty much why CS:GO took such a lion share of the CS players. 

And god knows how bad it was initially ... The competitive part of this game is INSANELY fun when it works. 

I just have hard time finding reliable people to Q with when I have the time to play. So you end up in a solo Q where it ends up being a toss up ... If you end up with idiots those 40 mins ends up being REALLY long. Or with people that leave the game 10 min because they don't understand that loosing 5 rounds in a row in Nuke is normal when you play T. 

The game is much more complicated than what people are used to and what it looks on the surface. Teammates are just too important. They don't need to be amazing, but the team needs to work together. 

I smurf so that i can play with my friends. when yiu play a smurf you are simply playing someone better than you I pkay againat them all the time. Playing against better people is how you get better

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

I recently created a smurf account for playing CS:GO with some silver and unranked friends of mine, does that make me a bad person? No, I just wanna have fun and play the game. Smurfs are fine to me, you're getting a chance to play someone better than you and improve your plays.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

I think how you're approaching people that have an ALTERNATE account is quiet ignorant in itself. 

I have a couple of steam accounts, some of them only have CS:GO on them and some of them have more games. I play on each and everyone of them and i play exactly the same regardless of the rank I have. My main steam account with CS:GO is a Gold Nova 3, my alternate account is a Distinguished master guardian. The only thing that changes when i play on either accounts is the people I play against, THAT IS IT. You have good games, you have bad games, that's life and you can either sulk, make a post about it on the forum or you can suck it up and better yourself, there's not point in pointing the finger at other people when the only reason you're losing against people that might be a higher rank than you is because you're spending more time moaning than playing.

There are some people out the that may create an ALTERNATE account to play with lower levels, so what? They have the right to do that, you don't control how they play the game and what rank they should be at therefore it's their decision.

You have to realise that the majority of CS:GO players play the game to have fun/spend time with their friends, it's a game after all. 

Sorry if any of what I've just typed offends you but you need to realise it's a GAME.

Yup definitely a stuck up jerk.

Then again, it was obvious when I saw your build ;)

P.S I'm a Gold Nova :D

If you're calling someone a jerk due to the computer hardware they have then you're as ignorant as you think everyone else. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

If you're calling someone a jerk due to the computer hardware they have then actually as ignorant as you think everyone else. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Kool m8

There is a simple solution. Get better. No one should have to hold your hand because there is a better player destroying you, learn from it, adapt, then get better. If there was no skill difference or smurfs in CS GO you would likely be stuck at your rank forever. Every loss is an oppurtunity. Stop crying, pick yourself up, practice. This is coming from an LEM who started out at silver 2 about a year ago. Every smurf was an oppurtunity to learn along with pro streams and YouTube tutorials.